What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do women with face veils eat in public? (1 Viewer)

Quez

Footballguy
I saw a party of Muslims walk into IHOP this morning & the two women were wearing face veils.  After I left I started wondering how the heck they ate their food.  Do they take off the mask?  Lift it up & get syrup all over it?  Their dudes were chilling in some normal looking attire, so I doubt they run into these problems.  We have a decent size Muslim population in Tampa, but in the past few years I have started seeing more face veils.  I'm not sure why.. maybe  more immigrants from different areas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a party of Muslims walk into IHOP this morning & the two women were wearing face veils.  After I left I started wondering how the heck they ate their food.  Do they take off the mask?  Lift it up & get syrup all over it?  Their dudes were chilling in some normal looking attire, so I doubt they run into these problems.  We have a decent size Muslim population in Tampa, but in the past few years I have started seeing more face veils.  I'm not sure why.. maybe  more immigrants from different areas?
Maybe they just sit in the booth next to them and wait for their owners to enjoy their breakfasts 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, but I saw a woman wearing one of these with a phone tucked between the scarf and her head for hands-free communication. Clever!!

I wasn't really bothered in the least by the normal burqa, but the full head scarf is repressive to females imo.  If you want to enjoy great American traditions, like the International House of Pancakes, then put your women in a tube top for Allah's sake!

I get that some people hold really really serious religion views and all but HTF could the women forced to dress like that continue to do so in this country?  Why wouldn't they at least ask "does it really make sense that the men can roll around wearing anything but I have to wear a Coleman tent?"

It's not like they have no access to modern society or can't see how other people behave/dress or are in danger of being publicly stoned. 

Just seems really weird to me.

I wasn't really bothered in the least by the normal burqa, but the full head scarf is repressive to females imo.  If you want to enjoy great American traditions, like the International House of Pancakes, then put your women in a tube top for Allah's sake!
I think you are mistaken on the meaning of "burka."  living in America,  I guarantee you've never seen a woman in a burka in real life. 

This may help

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/wp-content/uploads/muslim_veils.jpg

Almost all of their fabrics are just gorgeous. I like to compliment the hot ones with the quality hijabs, especially when they're with men or their sons. 

Having lived in Kuwait the last 2.5 years, I witnessed them eat by lifting their veils and putting the food to their mouths...odd to see at first but you get used to it. 

KU reserves a room in the Multicultural Student Affairs business from 12:00 to 1:00 during the week as a women's only lunchroom.  It's been going on for about a year.

It seems like a pretty good idea to me, but conservative Kansans want to go ballistic at how public funds are supporting Islam.  

KU reserves a room in the Multicultural Student Affairs business from 12:00 to 1:00 during the week as a women's only lunchroom.  It's been going on for about a year.

It seems like a pretty good idea to me, but conservative Kansans want to go ballistic at how public funds are supporting Islam.  
KU would. 

Users who are viewing this thread