What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would You Do This Dynasty Trade for 2017 1.05? (1 Viewer)

I've been offered 2018 1st, 2nd & 3rd for my 2017 1.05. His team is just ok so his 2018 pick is like

• Make the trade

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Don't make the trade

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

Scot from LV

Footballguy
I've been offered 2018 1st, 2nd & 3rd for my 2017 1.05. His team is not great so his 2018 pick is likely to be anywhere from 1.01 to 1.06. 12-team PPR dynasty league.

Flipping a top five pick in a talented class should bring more. The difference between them finishing with the 1.04 or the 1.08 isn't that big of a difference. Even if you get the same 1.05 next year you are only gaining a 2 and 3, which are pretty long shots. 

Flipping a top five pick in a talented class should bring more. The difference between them finishing with the 1.04 or the 1.08 isn't that big of a difference. Even if you get the same 1.05 next year you are only gaining a 2 and 3, which are pretty long shots. 
Agree with Snorkelson...  I would want this 1.5 pick as the 2018 second is "blah, but has value to a degree".  The 3rd is a "throw away" (opinion) and not worth anything.  So, would you do a 1.5 for (worse case) a 1.8 and 2.8???  I would not.

It's the same question as would you trade 1.10 for a 2nd and a 3rd?  No you wouldn't.  1.05 should be late 1st and future late first.  You're not gaining value here. 

How good is your team and do your needs fit what's BPA at 1.05?  For me I think this trade is worth consideration. I might try to negotiate the 2018 3rd to be a 2017 2nd if he has a pick in round 2.

I think I hold off because you are "guessing" the pick with be in the top half of the draft next year.  I would rather have the for sure 1.05 in a deep draft then a question mark for next year.  

Users who are viewing this thread