What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

POLL CLOSED - Player #6 Community Dynasty Rankings (1 Viewer)

Who would you rank sixth in a 12 team dynasty league, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/K/DEF PPR with standard s

• Antonio Brown

Votes: 40 56.3%
  • Amari Cooper

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Todd Gurley

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • AJ Green

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • TY Hilton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Julio Jones

Votes: 13 18.3%
  • Devonta Freeman

• Other (Please provide the name so I can add it)

• Total voters
Some thoughts...

-The biggest range of victory by far was David Johnson taking the 4th slot.  This might indicate that the market sees a tier break after the first four players (OBJ/Zeke/Evans/DJ)

- I am very curious to see how far Todd Gurley has fallen after being the top ranked dynasty asset by many (if not most) last year.

- I find it interesting that Brown and Julio both got 6 or more votes but AJ Green got none.  Two years ago Green was ranked as the top dynasty asset overall.

- I am curious to see if potential or performance wins out in AB versus Cooper. Unlike with prior selections, I am not sure the second place vote-getter in poll #5 (AB) will win poll numbers six because now a huge number of folks that went RB that last two picks will (probably) now have to tell us their highest rated remaining WR.

Also, I am down to seven names... i need some nominations about who to add to our list for the next poll.

I voted Brown and expect this to be a landslide. If there weren't Big Ben retirement risk and drama queen syndrome I think he would have finished in top 4. From a trade value perspective Brown has been untouchable in all my leagues. I don't know anyone that would move Brown straight up for anyone remaining on this list. Rebuilder or not.

Not to be a kill joy and it's the off-season now and all that, but how far are we planning on taking this exercise? Top 10, 20, 30, 40, 50?

Why not decide that number and just do one thread with one poll with multiple players where everyone could vote and view the results in the same place? 

Just a thought.

Start that poll if you want to. There is no hurry up for results. I like having a chance to talk and read about the talents and issues people see reaching each choice. Listing 50 means we'd never or rarely talk about most of those choices.

Not to be a kill joy and it's the off-season now and all that, but how far are we planning on taking this exercise? Top 10, 20, 30, 40, 50?

Why not decide that number and just do one thread with one poll with multiple players where everyone could vote and view the results in the same place? 

Just a thought.
Graham:

The goal is to keep this up until the start of the draft and get as far as we can.  Depending on how long it takes to get to 50 votes for each poll and me to get the next poll up, we may get anywhere from the top 60 to the top 80 by the start of the draft.

I personally think this series of individual daily polls provides much more useful information than merely an "everybody give me your top 40 players, in order" exercise.  Plus, I think the process is entertaining in and of itself during the dynasty "slow" season.

No one is required to participate, and if the info isn't to your liking, just ignore it.  There are plenty of other great continuing discussion dynasty threads, such as the "dynasty value" thread or the "completed dynasty trades" threads.

Thanks,

Brisco

just curious, at some upcoming point are you going to add in choices like rookie pick 1.1? 1.2? etc. I think that would be helpful

just curious, at some upcoming point are you going to add in choices like rookie pick 1.1? 1.2? etc. I think that would be helpful
Absolutely.  I was just waiting for someone to nominate a pick to be included.  This poll is for all dynasty assets... players or picks are both included.  1.1 will be part of Pick 7... unless you think they are in contention for pick 6?

(I will add 1.2 after 1.1 has been selected and so on)

Brown is my selection here. Most consistent WR in the game. Target monster. Lowest floor of all the elite WR. Model of durability and consistency.

Some thoughts...

-The biggest range of victory by far was David Johnson taking the 4th slot.  This might indicate that the market sees a tier break after the first four players (OBJ/Zeke/Evans/DJ)
This is usually the way I interpret the votes, if a player gains a higher percentage of the vote that shows more unanimous choice of that player at that position.

However the confirmation of the end of the tier occurs when votes get spread out to two or more players following the high percentage player.

Right now Brown is getting over 50% of the votes so I would see this more that the tier continues, just that most would take Bell over Brown.

There are a lot of ways one could interpret this though.

I mistakenly thopught this poll hadn't been posted yet and I bumped the previous poll. If you could leave a link when a poll closes to the next one it might help people find the current poll more quickly. Or I could just get glasses. I think that might help people find the current poll eaiser though and not too much trouble. The time stamp of when the poll closed can be useful as well because sometimes people keep voting in the poll long after it has been closed, which could change the results.In some ways I wish you could just close the poll once finished with it.

Absolutely.  I was just waiting for someone to nominate a pick to be included.  This poll is for all dynasty assets... players or picks are both included.  1.1 will be part of Pick 7... unless you think they are in contention for pick 6?

(I will add 1.2 after 1.1 has been selected and so on)
that sounds good and reasonable to me, for me personally I have it higher than Todd Gurley who you have as a selection already so thought I'd ask

Some players to add

Brandin Cooks
DeAndre Hopkins
Sammy Watkins
Dez Bryant 
Javis Landry
Michael Thomas
Keenan Allen 
DeMarius Thomas
Allen Robinson

Melvin Gordon

that sounds good and reasonable to me, for me personally I have it higher than Todd Gurley who you have as a selection already so thought I'd ask
I would put 1.1 over Gurley as well but I'd have Gurley over a few players listed so he's not my floor.  I'm still a few players away from voting for 1.1, but it's getting closer so yea a good time to get it involved.

Tough but I went Brown, Julio would be a lock (and probably higher) if he could just friggin stay healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread