What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Martavis price check (1 Viewer)

Snorkelson

Footballguy
12 team ppr, I'm rebuilding. Got an offer of Bryant/barnidge for my booker/gates/hHenry/2.02, which I obviously will decline. I'm ok with taking a chance on martavis, was going to counter with booker/2.11. seem close?

I wouldn't give that for him and I own him in several leagues.  I have no faith he will play again. 

He is an absolute flyer at this point.   Just think back to what all the Josh Gordon hopefuls gave up for him and how that panned out.  This seems very similar of a situation except that Bryant hasn't put up the season that Gordon did.  I wouldn't give up anything more than late 3rd rookie pick for him and that's only because I don't think that pick has much value at all.    

He was going for early to mid 2nd in trades a couple months ago -  Booker/2.11 doesn't seem an overpay to me, as I an unimpressed with Booker and late 2nd don't usually work out anyway (from my experience). Worst case scenario you cut him if it becomes obvious he won't be reinstated this season. Best case scenario you got a Top 20 WR and possibly Top 10 if Brown gets hurt. I would make the offer.

I think Martavis will cost more than Booker and 2.11. That could have gotten it done a few months ago probably but Martavis' price will slowly start creeping up and owners will want you to pay for the fact that he burned a whole in their rosters last season.  

I offered booker/3.3 for mb/3.09. Move up and get a youngish rb and a 6 spot upgrade for a higher upside guy who may never play again. Im not high on booker, and will trade 6 spots for a higher ceiling. If that doesn't get it done I'm not offering more. 

I wouldn't trade Bryant just to move up 6 spots in the 3rd round. Booker doesn't have much value in my opinion. Bryant, if he does play, offers a whole lot more with Ben throwing to him. Just check his numbers when he last played. I would expect a high 2nd round pick for him and wouldn't care if Booker were part of the deal.

I wouldn't trade Bryant just to move up 6 spots in the 3rd round. Booker doesn't have much value in my opinion. Bryant, if he does play, offers a whole lot more with Ben throwing to him. Just check his numbers when he last played. I would expect a high 2nd round pick for him and wouldn't care if Booker were part of the deal.
Agreed. That wouldn't move the needle at all for me.

Timing is everything.  With the latest rumors, you'll probably need to at least do the 2.02.  Sounds like he has been doing well and the competition with Justin Hunter and Sammie Coates may make him take things a little more seriously; although he is clearly better.

Yeah we chatted a bit and the guy wanted to hold him unless he could get 1st rd value, which I wasn't going to touch at the time. Lol at the competition. Hunter doesn't get it and Coates had a prime opportunity and flopped after being hyped all summer. I posted this like 3 weeks ago so I've moved on. 

12 team ppr, I'm rebuilding. Got an offer of Bryant/barnidge for my booker/gates/hHenry/2.02, which I obviously will decline. I'm ok with taking a chance on martavis, was going to counter with booker/2.11. seem close?
I'd trade Booker and 2.11 for him in my league. He's not quite as valuable in PPR, but he's got the most upside of any of these pieces.

I have since moved booker/1.07 to move up to 1.05. I made an offer for martavis and a couple hours later a story broke on how he was expected to be reinstated, so I was a little late hitting that low spot window. Owner wants to hold because of upside but probably would have taken 2.11 had I offered it in feb, or he would have countered with something, he says. I think owners were sick of holding him but as soon as the outlook got even somewhat positive  his value went back to probably 1.10ish. There was a low ball window though, which is what I'm always looking for. 

Users who are viewing this thread