Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ren hoek

The Jimmy Dore Show

I tried to listen but this guy doesn't stop talking to take a breath.   Yikes!

Still watch every day, for about 2 years now. Subbed I think at about 317k followers, now up to over 500k. And that's seen a faster pace in the last month or so. People are really starting to turn to him in droves, and I love it.

• Like 2

The sad fact is his popularity is spiking because the MSM is all about pushing the corporate agenda. He and others like him are where people have to go now to hear truth. Albeit truth as told by a jagoff nightclub comedian.

7 hours ago, ren hoek said:

Usually I'll leave it alone for a few weeks and then go on a little video spree.  

I do the same thing... nothing for a few weeks then binge on Jimmy, Secular Talk and Jamarl Thomas

• Like 1

Not a fan of all the show material he's been putting up lately, but I get it. They're like concerts for musicians. Dude's gotta get out of his garage studio and make a living sometimes.

2 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

Not a fan of all the show material he's been putting up lately, but I get it. They're like concerts for musicians. Dude's gotta get out of his garage studio and make a living sometimes.

I think it’s as much about getting out and doing his nightclub thing as it is about making money selling merch and stuff.  Some of those bits are classic, I think the only thing I could do without is the little phone call bits.  I’ve never sat through one in its entirety.  

11 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

I think it’s as much about getting out and doing his nightclub thing as it is about making money selling merch and stuff.  Some of those bits are classic, I think the only thing I could do without is the little phone call bits.  I’ve never sat through one in its entirety.  

Crazy talk. The phone calls are hilarious and I probably wouldn't listen to the podcast without them.

3 hours ago, Murph said:

Crazy talk. The phone calls are hilarious and I probably wouldn't listen to the podcast without them.

Interesting.  I will give them another try

4 hours ago, ren hoek said:

I'm not usually a fan of the calls either but "Hillary Supporter" is/was absolutely hysterical.  I think he cut down on the appearances because he didn't want to sound like he was making fun of the LGBTQ community with a super effeminate sounding male.  

On 5/30/2019 at 9:32 AM, KiddLattimer said:

I do the same thing... nothing for a few weeks then binge on Jimmy, Secular Talk and Jamarl Thomas

I probably catch Kyle at least once a day. Jimmy it depends sometimes several times in a week sometimes every couple of weeks. 

• Like 2

On 9/10/2019 at 9:56 AM, Murph said:

Only a been a couple episodes but I'm really liking this podcast.

Yeah, I’m not sure how Taibbi/Halper ended up working together but I’m glad they did.  Given the name of the show I can only imagine it had something to do with the Russia stuff.  

His guest Aaron Mate is legit. Award winning journalist.

On 9/28/2019 at 6:32 PM, ShamrockPride said:

This was a really good listen, listened on my way into work a couple days ago. Mate knows his ####. Only smear artist MT would deny that here.

I wish more neutral folks would tune in.  These guys #### on Trump when called for and also point out negatives when needed as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

I wish more neutral folks would tune in.  These guys #### on Trump when called for and also point out negatives when needed as well. 

Exactly. But too many people in today's age don't like neutral. It's quite literally "my way (100% of the time) or the highway."

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

"Buzz Saw" Mate is the best

4 minutes ago, ShamrockPride said:

Exactly. But too many people in today's age don't like neutral. It's quite literally "my way (100% of the time) or the highway."

Seriously it's maddening. Everyone has their team and if you say anything negative about their team they'll scream you down.  Of course that's always a great way to get voters to switch to your team right?

I've been listening to Jimmy Dore a lot for the last 6 months and I can't figure this guy out.  He is a former young turks host, and we know he isn't a republican.  The show takes its pop-shots at Trump, but also defend him at times. I think they do a good job at reasonably interpreting the news. 

He is absolutely against the MSM bais as his show centers around that idea.  He said he typically supports the most anti-establishment candidates running.  This year he is seeming to back Tulsi, but he is definitely against the "Vote blue no matter who" movement. 

He is not a fan of DNC and claims to be smeared often by their interests. He is a rational voice for some liberals and has said he might even stay home on election day. So it's because of takes like these, the guy is an outcast to many liberals and the liberal media. 

He offers a liberal view without being partisan and people don't like that? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

I've been listening to Jimmy Dore a lot for the last 6 months and I can't figure this guy out.  He is a former young turks host, and we know he isn't a republican.  The show takes its pop-shots at Trump, but also defend him at times. I think they do a good job at reasonably interpreting the news. 

He is absolutely against the MSM bais as his show centers around that idea.  He said he typically supports the most anti-establishment candidates running.  This year he is seeming to back Tulsi, but he is definitely against the "Vote blue no matter who" movement. 

He is not a fan of DNC and claims to be smeared often by their interests. He is a rational voice for some liberals and has said he might even stay home on election day. So it's because of takes like these, the guy is an outcast to many liberals and the liberal media. 

I think what differentiates Dore from a lot of other progressives is that he doesn't center Trump as a unique threat to our institutions, but rather a perpetuation of them.  We're still doing all the wars, we're still locking kids up in cages, we're still putting Goldman Sachs in positions of power.  The only effective difference is a shift in rhetoric and image- not substantive policy.

So Trump is a symptom of a much bigger problem. I think people that don't personally hate him (which is not the same thing as being dissatisfied with his policies) are covering this era a lot better than people who center Trump as a threat we have to get out no matter what the cost (even if it means falling in love with alphabet soup and Dem establishment that lost to him in first place).  

That being said- I do think Jimmy is aware that his audience is somewhat sympathetic to Trump.  He tees off on him most of the time, but I do think he tries a little too hard to reinforce his narrative.  For example, I think the Tracey interview re: Dem impeachment lawyer was pretty cringe- using Noah Feldman's constitutional interpretation of an unforeseen gridlock between House/Senate as an argument against Dem leadership came off kind of forced.  But, his heart is in the right place, he nails it on 97% of the issues and I still think he's hysterical.  Anyone who is rightly critical of intelligence/war complex and establishment duopoly has my support.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ren hoek said:

I think what differentiates Dore from a lot of other progressives is that he doesn't center Trump as a unique threat to our institutions, but rather a perpetuation of them.  We're still doing all the wars, we're still locking kids up in cages, we're still putting Goldman Sachs in positions of power.  The only effective difference is a shift in rhetoric and image- not substantive policy.

So Trump is a symptom of a much bigger problem. I think people that don't personally hate him (which is not the same thing as being dissatisfied with his policies) are covering this era a lot better than people who center Trump as a threat we have to get out no matter what the cost (even if it means falling in love with alphabet soup and Dem establishment that lost to him in first place).  

I think this nails it. 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2019 at 9:40 AM, ren hoek said:

That being said- I do think Jimmy is aware that his audience is somewhat sympathetic to Trump.  He tees off on him most of the time, but I do think he tries a little too hard to reinforce his narrative.  For example, I think the Tracey interview re: Dem impeachment lawyer was pretty cringe- using Noah Feldman's constitutional interpretation of an unforeseen gridlock between House/Senate as an argument against Dem leadership came off kind of forced.  But, his heart is in the right place, he nails it on 97% of the issues and I still think he's hysterical.  Anyone who is rightly critical of intelligence/war complex and establishment duopoly has my support.  

Kyle Kulinski also does this.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Max Power said:

Many liberals just are not used to it. Even here people want to hear the story slanted to their point of view.  I like Dore because even though he is liberal he sees the big picture better than most and the problems that really are two sided.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
On 12/30/2019 at 2:46 PM, Da Guru said:

Many liberals just are not used to it. Even here people want to hear the story slanted to their point of view.  I like Dore because even though he is liberal he sees the big picture better than most and the problems that really are two sided.

The problem is that Corporate Dems killed the party by saying they are liberal and are with the social aspect but not where it really matters with the financial injustice of the middle and poor citizens.

Edited by IC FBGCav
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 5:02 AM, KiddLattimer said:

"Buzz Saw" Mate is the best

Seriously it's maddening. Everyone has their team and if you say anything negative about their team they'll scream you down.  Of course that's always a great way to get voters to switch to your team right?

Self identifying as “neutral” is a team as well.  There is money in bashing both the left and the right, with the added bonus that you don’t ever have to worry about governing.  

• Thinking 1

4 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

Self identifying as “neutral” is a team as well.  There is money in bashing both the left and the right, with the added bonus that you don’t ever have to worry about governing.  

The truly neutral team is the worst kind honestly ... you're letting others make important decisions for you.

Of course "neutral" and "center" get hijacked by the neoliberals and neoconservatives in power to give the illusion that it's the correct and fair and simultaneously labels anyone who disagrees as extreme. 

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6jGMULUJ8&list=PLB108iTkAy2CjQxN7sCjueDvJbfrqrOHC&index=63

Jimmy's been around for a long time- I don't think I really started tuning in until late December of 2016.  He's in better form in his older videos.

Anyway, I missed most of his 2016 videos and am trying to catch up.  It really was a defining moment in history, easily the most wild political climate of my life time.  

I found a little playlist of Jimmy's 2016 videos.  I think here, almost 4 years ago to the day where Trump criticizes W for the Iraq War straight to Jeb's face, is where things start getting really good.