What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BREAKING: local man has sex with wife again (2 Viewers)

If at all possible, eat a little something before you head to the hospital.

No matter what she SAYS, she really does want you to pull into the little circle thingy and drop her off rather than making her walk a quarter of a mile. You might argue, but it won't last as long as THE REST OF YOUR MARRIED LIFE TOGETHER. 

Take snacks. This will become an endurance event.

When you're in the delivery room, don't venture south of the wall, no matter how good an idea it may seem.  Nothing good can come of it.  Don't be a hero.
pack like you're going camping for the weekend. lots of snacks, toothbrushes, hairbrush, comfy clothes for her if she ends up with a Csection and has to stay in the hospital longer. everything she's going to need to be comfortable.

you are SO ####ed.

good luck with all of that.

This is obviously a personal decision, but if you haven't already, you guys should talk about the possibility of her pumping (even if the baby isn't hungry, she'll need to do it at a regular schedule just so everything keeps flowing and those things don't turn into rocks). This way you can give her a bit of a break and bottle feed the little guy while either she pumps or gets some rest on her own if it works out where the baby wakes up and she doesn't need to pump. 

It sounds great in theory to be the one sleeping while your wife does pretty much everything, but you'll quickly realize the downside to that. 
Yea she's going to pump, but I think the lady said you are supposed to do nipple for the first 3 weeks? I dunno, wasn't really listening. 

GL Cappy.  

Glad you’re writing a lot this stuff down for your family.  So much I don’t remember about the final stretch.

The afternoon we checked into the maternity ward, through the night, and the birth the next morning was just one big blur, with a few exceptions.  

For example, I made the mistake of standing up and watching the procedure when my wife got an epidural.  I got so dizzy and weak in the knees from witnessing it, one of the nurses left her post attending to my wife to catch me and make sure I didn’t pass out and injure myself.  If you think more than a month goes by without my wife bringing this up, you are wrong. 

But the part I remember most vividly was about 15 minutes after she was born.  After all the scrambling around for the emergency C-section was over and the baby was sufficiently warmed and cleaned, a nurse handed my daughter to me for the first time.  The room was quiet away from the commotion.  I finally got a good look at her.  She had her mom’s eyes and hair color, looking right at me.  I thought I knew what love at first sight was, but nothing like this.  I instantly unconditionally fell in love with her.  

I can’t say I’ve loved every second of being a parent, but I can say I’ve loved the adventure.  

Bruce Dickinson said:
GL Cappy.  

Glad you’re writing a lot this stuff down for your family.  So much I don’t remember about the final stretch.

The afternoon we checked into the maternity ward, through the night, and the birth the next morning was just one big blur, with a few exceptions.  

For example, I made the mistake of standing up and watching the procedure when my wife got an epidural.  I got so dizzy and weak in the knees from witnessing it, one of the nurses left her post attending to my wife to catch me and make sure I didn’t pass out and injure myself.  If you think more than a month goes by without my wife bringing this up, you are wrong. 

But the part I remember most vividly was about 15 minutes after she was born.  After all the scrambling around for the emergency C-section was over and the baby was sufficiently warmed and cleaned, a nurse handed my daughter to me for the first time.  The room was quiet away from the commotion.  I finally got a good look at her.  She had her mom’s eyes and hair color, looking right at me.  I thought I knew what love at first sight was, but nothing like this.  I instantly unconditionally fell in love with her.  

I can’t say I’ve loved every second of being a parent, but I can say I’ve loved the adventure.  
That's awesome 

Bruce Dickinson said:
GL Cappy.  

I don't know if this is something that has changed over time or just a hospital practice, but I was told I had to leave when my wife got the epidural, no exceptions. That's how common the guy passing out is. 

cappy enjoy every single second of it even the stressful ones i think you have two kids and with two trust me brohan the time just evaporates you look up and ten years are gone in the blink of an eye so enjoy every second you do not get a do over brohans take that to the bank

BP is high but they didn't admit her. They just didn't want her to go over the weekend. Thanks for asking. 
Was it always a planned C? Or are they starting inducing tomorrow?

Oh hell... Doesn't matter... Tomorrow!!!

ETA... Best of luck to the Cappy famiky- exciting stuff!

Last edited by a moderator:
Was it always a planned C? Or are they starting inducing tomorrow?

Oh hell... Doesn't matter... Tomorrow!!!

ETA... Best of luck to the Cappy famiky- exciting stuff!
Planned C. She had a tumor a few years ago so they had to do it this way the whole time. 

Thanks!

### #### IT.    The Grandpa sotry GOT ME...  My daughter is named after my grandfather and it KILLS me she and he never got to meet.  He would have loved watching her play softball :cry:

DAMN YOU Capella!#@!#!

Good Luck buddy :)
Thanks man! Glad you liked it! He was an awesome man. 

A tumor??  :oldunsure:

Hope all goes well tomorrow Cappy...you and your family will be in our thoughts/prayers.
Thank you  

She had a benign fibroid. Rough surgery though.
Sorry to hear that....good news is, she'll be fine with the C section....I'll tell you this, it's much more "violent" a procedure than you might expect.  Way more tugging and pulling than I would have guessed.  I thought it might just be the nature of my wife's first, but we've had three kids all by c-section (gestational diabetes with all three) and they were all pretty similar.

She'll do great.  I'll offer this advice.  Wear layers of clothing that you can take off.  You'll die of heat exhaustion in the recovery room otherwise.  Good Luck GB!!  :thumbup:  

Planned C. She had a tumor a few years ago so they had to do it this way the whole time. 

Thanks!
We were planned C with the second one. 

Since she'll be there a couple  days (right?) Definitely bring comfy stuff for her to wear, toiletries, pampery stuff like makeup and whatnot.

And some flowers or balloons waiting for when she gets home. I missed that part. And most of the rest of those kind of things since.

Was already decided: Cadillac or Chevy iirc.

Bayyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeee

little Lincoln (literally - 5 lb, 13 oz) came at 12:37. Everybody is doing great!!
I was close!

congrats gb cappy and wife. amazing news- all the best to you both!

gotta say- there's nothing like a newborn. incredible little things and every day brings new joys. enjoy every second of it- even the miserable no sleep stressed out of your skulls ready to kill each other why did we do this to ourselves moments.

Bayyyyyyyyyyyybeeeeeeeee

little Lincoln (literally - 5 lb, 13 oz) came at 12:37. Everybody is doing great!!
CONGRATS man!! Glad everyone is doing well!!

Our little guy just turned 6 months!

That cliche about kids "growing up so fast".....1,000% true.

Wouldn't trade it for the world. Congrats dad!

Users who are viewing this thread