What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2017 Rookie Mock ADP predictions (1 Viewer)

maf005

Footballguy
Post NFL draft, I predict the top few PPR rookie picks will be as follows:

Tier 1:

Mixon

Corey Davis

Tier 2:

McCaffrey

Fournette

Tier 3:

OJ Howard

Cook

Mike Williams

John Ross

Tier 4:

Kamara

JuJu

Curtis Samuel

Njoku

Engram

Hodges

Godwin

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall, I think this is a pretty weak crop of rookies. Especially in non-TE premium leagues. The rbs were somewhat promising but bombed at the combine.

Mixon - The only rb prospect with elite size-adjusted speed and agility to go along with high end production. Aside from off the field issues, he has basically no glaring flaws as a prospect and I think he goes in the late first or early 2nd at the latest.

Corey Davis - Not testing at the combine, while disappointing for ff'ers, was obviously the right move for Corey Davis. His on-field production (most prolific college WR ever. Seriously. Look it up), early breakout age, and lack of injury history makes Davis an legit top tier prospect worthy of a top 10 NFL pick

McCaffrey - Incredible age-adjusted production and the focal point of a very good offense. No real injury history to speak of. Good-great receiving abilities means he'll get those oh-so valuable receptions. This ranking does not assume McCaffrey will be an every down player

Fournette - The most difficult prospect to rank. The case is strong for him to be outside the top ~7 rbs, or the #1 prospect overall. #4 is a compromise of sorts. Below average agility and unproven receiving skills will limit upside but a high NFL draft spot (which he can thank EzE for) will guarantee opportunity. Derrick Henry is/was better

OJ Howard - Even with the caveat of "TEs don't matter", Howard will surely be on the field and receiving targets given he's a likely top 12 NFL draft pick. Elite measurables and "tape guys" seem to like him.

Cook - Cook is, in my rankings, the 3rd player behind Mixon and Davis. I think Mixon does slide out of the first round on draft day and as a result, will drop in rookie drafts as well.

Mike Williams - Elite at nothing with production to match. For some reason "film guys" like him because he made some high-point catches in a big game. He's like a Kardashian (famous for being famous) in that he has a first round grade because he has a first round grade

John Ross - Massive injury red flags and will be seen as another speed guy in the Will Fuller mold. We ff'ers hate this type for some reason.

It seems like people are giving rankings here, not predicted ADP which is what the OP asked for.  It's doubly weird since the OP also appears to be doing it despite asking for something else.

It seems like people are giving rankings here, not predicted ADP which is what the OP asked for.  It's doubly weird since the OP also appears to be doing it despite asking for something else.
I'm giving my justification on why they will rise/fall compared to current consensus rankings

I dislike ADPs because they influence what they try to define.

"Hey, <Player X> has an ADP of 1.07; I'd better pick him now instead of <Player Y> (even though I feel he is the better player) because everyone else says he is better than I have him."

Post NFL draft, I predict the top few PPR rookie picks will be as follows:

Tier 1:

Mixon

Corey Davis

Tier 2:

McCaffrey

Fournette

Tier 3:

OJ Howard

Cook

Mike Williams

John Ross