What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's Free Agency Predictions and 2 round mock (updated 4/8/22) (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
Thought I'd throw something out there before everything kicks off. Free Agent moves are listed after each team's draft choice. Here goes nothing:

1. Jax=Evan Neal T Alabama, for whatever reason the Jags love Cam Robinson, but protecting Lawrence is priority #1 and Neal(even if he plays RT like Sewell a year ago) will be a huge help.

Chandler Jones=Adds a big time pass rusher opposite Josh Allen, and can kick inside on passing downs, if Chaisson takes a step forward.

De'Vondre Campbell=Likely to cash in after a career year in GB. Campbell has the sideline to sideline ability teams crave, he just hadn't put it together before last year.

Connor Williams=Better run blocker than pass blocker, still has a higher upside and is younger than the guys he's replacing. 

2. Det=Derek Stingley CB LSU, I see the obvious fit in Hutchinson,  but think the Lions will be more inclined to go toward a potential elite CB. Stingley is the best CB to come out in years, his only non great trait has been durability. Also, the Lions pass rush came on a bit down the stretch and may not be viewed as a bigger need.

Marcus Maye=Was looking like a top-10 Safety before tearing his achilles. He's worth a flier in an effort to fix a very broken secondary. 

DJ Chark=His deep speed will be a nice complement to St.Brown and Hockenson's intermediate game.

3. Hou=Aiden Hutchinson EDGE Michigan, well this would be a dream come true for the Texans, as they hope he can develop into a Watt like superstar.

Quandre Diggs=Houston isn't likely to be major players in FA, taking a long term building approach. Still, the pass defense could use a veteran, and Diggs is solid. 

4. NYJ=Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE Oregon, not worried at all about potential attitude issues, and I doubt Saleh will be either. With also getting Carl Lawson back, the Jets pass rush could be massively upgraded.

Marcus Williams=If Maye hadn't gotten hurt, he's probably getting a long term deal. Such is life in the NFL. Williams is a better and younger player anyway.

Stephon Gilmore=Upgrading the pass defense is priority #1 for the Jets, and they have a lot of cap room to do it with. Gilmore isn't the best CB in the league like he was 3 years ago, but he's still top-10 whenever he's on the field.

Christian Kirk=Keeping Wilson supplied with weapons will be a boon, and he seemed to do best with the shiftier types. Kirk replaces both Crowder/Berrios while also having deep ball ability. Adding him to Davis and Moore gives them a very versatile trio. 

Foyesade Oluokun=Very fast LB, who has underachieved to date. After De'Vondre Campbell's breakout, one wonders if that is a Falcons problem.

5. NYG=Ikem Ekwonu OL NC State, any Giants fan will tell you, it almost doesn't matter who the QB is without better blocking. Ekwonu feels like one of those guys like Zach Martin, where he's either an elite Guard, or a very good Tackle. Dallas made their choice, I think NY would choose RT.

Mitch Trubisky=Too much smoke not to be fire here in my opinion. Personally, I think Jones is a better QB, but at the very worst, Trubisky is an upgrade from Mike Glennon. 

Evan Engram=I think his market will be very small, and he likely re-signs a 1 year deal, hoping that being in a Daboll offense will increase his value.

6. Car=Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame, its just so hard to see a QB here. I think they give Darnold another shot, and hope things go better(insert definition of insanity here) Hamilton is an elite Safety prospect and pairing him with Chinn gives them 2 physical freaks on the backend.

Laken Tomlinson=The first step to helping Darnold(other than maybe a healthy CMC) is upgrading the OL. Tomlinson has become one of the better Guards in the league, and has no real holes in his game. 

Alexander Johnson=Outstanding run defender, would make a great tag team partner for Shaq Thompson.

Andy Dalton= He's the perfect backup for Darnold, as a guy capable of taking over if he faceplants, but also a solid mentor. 

7. NYG=David Ojabo EDGE Michigan, after addressing the OL with the 1st pick, they address the DL with the 2nd pick. Ojabo is raw, but has immense physical gifts and his upside is as high as anyone's.

8. Atl=Ahmed Gardner CB Cincinnati, Gardner is a physical CB with good speed who never allowed a TD in college. He'd pair greatly with breakout star AJ Terrell to perhaps give the Falcons the best young CB combo in the NFL. 

Russell Gage=With the news of Ridley's suspension, I think Gage is almost a lock to come back. He quietly went on a bit of a run down the stretch, and looked like a solid starter. I imagine they'll address WR again with 1 of their 2 2nd round picks.

9. Sea=Charles Cross T Miss St, let the rebuild begin. A good place to start is a franchise LT. Cross is the best pass blocker in this class in my opinion, but doesn't have the run game dominance Neal/Ekwonu do. 

Randy Gregory=Not a young player, but one who is a value if he can stay on the field. Gregory likely won't be on some teams radar's due to off field woes, but Pete Carroll tends to be a little more forgiving. 

Jameis Winston=This fit makes a world of sense to me. Doubly so, if they keep Metcalf/Lockett. Winston has some of the same traits as Wilson when it comes to passing downfield and outside the numbers, so they shouldn't have to change the offense at all with him, just lower expectations. 

Ben Jones=Solid veteran run blocking Center, can be a leader and also help stabilize the offense. 

10. NYJ=Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa, the best Center prospect since at least Ragnow. Linderbaum adds more help for Wilson. 

11. Was=Malik Willis QB Liberty, not expecting him to play right away at all, but he has a bit of a Lamar Jackson skill set, and Ron Rivera has made similar work before with Cam. I don't think the Wentz acquisition changes this at all. 

Tyrann Mathieu=The defense disappointed last year even before Young/Sweat went down, and the big reason was breakdowns on the back end. Mathieu isn't the player he was 3 years ago, but he's still a versatile playmaker. 

Darious Williams=Underrated part of the Rams defense, he'll look to cash in this offseason. The Commanders(sigh) have Kendall Fuller and not much else at CB. Williams is a solid starter.

12. Min=George Karlaftis EDGE Purdue, a do it all DL who is still only 20, Karlaftis would make a great tag team partner for a hopefully extended(and healthy) Danielle Hunter. I'm expecting the secondary to be addressed on day 2. 

Anthony Barr=I don't see a huge market for Barr at all, and I think he has more value here than elsewhere. 

13. Cle=Garrett Wilson WR Ohio St, elite separator who reminds me a bit of Stefon Diggs. Wilson would be a great compliment to Landry(assuming they keep Landry after paying 25 mill to be mediocre at TE)

Melvin Ingram=is 32 now, but is still a high quality player as he proved in KC this year. Should be a solid cheaper alternative than keeping Clowney.

Folorunso Fatukasi=one dimesnional, but does that dimension very well. Browns run defense could use an upgrade. 

14. Bal=Travon Walker DL Georgia, he's a bit raw, but has elite upside. He and Oweh could form the most athletic edge rushing combo in the league.

Bryce Callahan=top notch slot CB, to combine with a returning Marcus Peters and Marlon Humphrey. Ravens pass defense should be much improved just by the return of those 2, but adding aniother option should be a priority.

15. Phi=Devin Lloyd LB Utah, I know Roseman never takes LBs in round 1, but with 3 1st rounders, I think that rule is out the window. Lloyd has no weaknesses, and has prototype size. 

Jerry Hughes=he's still a high-end pass rusher, albeit one who isn't likely to ever be a full-time player again. Still the Eagles love to rotate DL, and Hughes, while older, is better than Barnett was.

Emmanuel Sanders=Adding a veteran WR to an extremely young WR corps isn't a bad idea. Sanders isn't what he once was, but is still a viable top-3 option in a passing game.

16. Phi=Andrew Booth CB Clemson, he's a bit up and down, but if he can iron that put, he can be a true #1 CB. 

17. LAC=Kenyon Green OL Texas A&M, Green has the versatility to play any position on the OL. I think he'd end up at RG or RT in LA.

Justin Houston=Proved he's still a solid pass rusher, and could see the least attention of his career opposite Bosa. I expect the Chargers to go all-in while in the rookie contract QB window.

J.C. Jackson=He's a playmaker for sure, though I do think he's a little overrated and will miss Belichick a lot. He's more a top-15 CB than a top-5 guy in my opinion is all. 

Bobby Wagner=The Chargers run defense was one of the worst in recent years last year. Wagner was a cap casualty in Seattle, but he's still a top-5ish LB and will likely want to play for a contender. 

Akiem Hicks=Top notch run defender who has been hurt 2 of the last 3 years. 

JuJu Smith-Schuster=After being hurt 2 of the last 3 years, I think JuJu settles for a 1 year deal in a high volume passing game in hopes of rehabbing his value. 

18. NO=Kenny Pickett QB Pittsburgh, Pickett had an incredibly consistent season, and looks like the highest floor option ion the class. His small hand size will be a lot less of a problem, playing indoors as well.

19. Phi=Daxton Hill S Michigan, outstanding speed, and can play CB or S. McLeod and Harris left some holes in the secondary last year that Hill's speed may cover up.

20. Pit=Jermaine Johnson EDGE FSU, perfect complement to Watt. Johnson is a top notch run stuffer, with the athletic profile to be a quality pass rusher. 

Carlton Davis=TB's loss is the Steelers gain. Davis has great size/speed, and has been matching up with #1 WRs for a couple years now. 

Teddy Bridgewater=Honestly, I know he's not exciting, but he's better than Roethlisberger was. He can manage a game and keep the offense on schedule better than Rudolph can. I just don't see the Steelers taking a QB in round 1 unless its Willis, and a trade up would be a surprise. 

Morgan Moses=Above average RT, who will instantly look like more on this team. 

21. NE=Treylon Burks WR Arkansas, I know the Pats haven't had the best track record at drafting WRs, but its their biggest hole and they don't really have the money to go after a FA after last year's spend-a-thon. Some may say this is too low for Burks, but I don't think it is given his meh combine, and the depth of the WR class in  general. 

Haason Reddick=Seems like a perfect fit for NE as a DE/LB tweener who excels at blitzing and run stuffing.

Dont'a Hightower=I think he'll have a very small market and end up just staying put. He's still a solid player, but going on 32, he's not likely going to be sought after. 

22. LV=Drake London WR USC, while many expect the Raiders to look to someone with more deep speed to replace Ruggs, I see McDaniels looking more for a true #1 WR. London has 100 catch potential as a a big weapon with great RAC. 

Steven Nelson=One of the most underrated players in the NFL in my opinion. Nelson's only real issue is his size. Raiders need a replacement for Hayward, and Nelson could be cheaper in addition to being younger.

Leighton Vander Esch=A worthwhile flier for the Raiders. Vander Esch has been unable to capture his rookie year greatness, but perhaps a change of scenery will help. 

23. Ari=Zion Johnson OL BC, I think he's moving up draft boards due to both needs and the fact that he seems like a very high floor option. The Cardinals need to do a better job protecting Kyler Murray, and Johnson should patch up the interior a bit. 

Zach Ertz=Ertz had a bit of a bounce back after being traded to the Cardinals, and I think he'll be needed even more after Kirk and likely Green move on in FA. Of note, Ertz played only 1 game with Hopkins last season, so its possible he could see even more space in the middle.

24. Dal=Nakobe Dean LB Georgia, a Dan Quinn special. Rangy LBs make his defense hum. Dean is small, but that doesn't really matter much in this defense, though it is likely why he'll still be available this late.

Michael Gallup=They seem to have chosen him(and Schultz) over Cooper. Time will tell if that is a good call(I doubt it) but Gallup is a solid WR.

25. Buf=Jordan Davis DL Georgia, after the combine this will likely look egregious to many, but despite Davis physical talent, he's a 1 dimensional player who never played more than 50% of snaps in college. He's super talented, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The fit next to Ed Oliver would be nice, and a huge upgrade from the Star Lotulelei's of the world. Also while there has been some talk of Cole Beasley leaving, I think he stays on with a paycut, after a trade market doesn't develop. So WR isn't a pressing need yet.

26. Ten=Boye Mafe EDGE Minnesota, after tearing up the Senior Bowl and the combine, Mafe's star is on the rise. The Titans did just re-sign Landry to a huge deal after signing Dupree to one a year ago, but Mafe gives them a guy to rotate in, and he's possibly better than either of them long term. 

David Quessenberry=The Titans have little cap space, but what little they have should be spent on keeping DQ at RT. He shouldn't cost much, and was solid a year ago, especially as a run blocker. 

27. TB=Jameson Williams WR Alabama, arguably the best WR in the class if he hadn't torn his ACL in January. He and Chris Godwin can become best friends rehabbing together. Williams offers a skill set nobody else in TB offers.

Alex Cappa=After Ali Marpet's sudden retirement keeping Cappa is a huge priority. 

Jimmy Garoppolo=This is the fit that makes the most sense for me. I don't see any way Jimmy G fetches a 1st, but a 2+ I can see. This is about the only situation that exists that wouldn't be a huge downgrade supporting cast wise from SF. 

28. GB=Trevor Penning T N.Iowa, after paying Rodgers, the goal is to keep him protected. They've never really replaced Bulaga at RT(though they were right to let him leave) and Penning has the tools to become a good pass blocker, he's already a great run blocker. 

Marquez Valdez-Scantling=I've seen the same reports everyone else has that say he's going to be a sought after FA, and I don't buy that for a second. He's as one dimensional as it gets, and he doesn't even do that all that well. Rodgers likes him though, and that's his best asset, I think he settles for a short deal to stay put, and keeps GB from going WR early in the draft.

29. Mia=Chris Olave WR Ohio St, another quality weapon to go with Waddle, Parker, and the recently tagged Gesicki. Olave might end up being used as Will Fuller was supposed to be last year as a field stretcher. Quietly Tua was among the most accurate QBs in the NFL on 20+ yard passes, he just rarely threw them.

Terrod Armstead=Getting Tua the time to throw deep should be the gameplan this offseason. Armstead is one of the 10 best OTs in football, and still in his prime. 

Ryan Jensen=A short trip from Tampa to Miami. Jensen brings a toughness and physicality not seen in Miami's middle in some time.

Cordarrelle Patterson=I think he could be the imitation Deebo Samuel for Mike McDaniel, with more RB snaps and less WR snaps.

Emmanuel Ogbah=He's a solid starter with versatility that I don't see anybody outbidding Miami for.

DJ Reed=A high-end slot CB between Howard and Jones. Deceptively physical with his size.

30. KC=Jahan Dotson WR Penn St, a good route runner with great hands, KC has needed a 3rd option behind Kelce/Hill for years. Watkins couldn't stay healthy, and Hardman couldn't graduate from gadget status.

Mike Hughes=Finally stayed healthy and delivered on 1st round promise. I don't see them letting him walk. 

31. Cin=Trent McDuffie CB Washington, this would be the steal of the draft in my opinion, but it sounds like this is about where the league values McDuffie, unlike me who thinks he's a top-10 guy. His only weakness is being under 6 foot. 

Brandon Scherff=I see OL mocked to the Bengals a lot and I don't get it. Cincy has the 3rd most cap space in the NFL, they aren't going to wait until the draft and hope guys are there. Scherff has been a Pro Bowl caliber Guard whenever healthy, but he's been picking up nicks in 2021 and 2019. 

Jadeveon Clowney=He's a bit of a mercenary at this point constantly taking 1 year deals, while chasing money and a ring. I think this is the best place for those things to merge this year. Put him opposite Hendrickson and kick him inside on passing downs. 

Rob Gronkowski=I don't think Gronk was joking about wanting to play with Burrow, and he'd be a sizeable upgrade from Uzomah. 

Eric Fisher=Fisher at this point is a solid B- at Tackle. He's never gonna live up to being the #1 overall pick, but he's also never going to be a problem, either. Not being a problem is all the Bengals ask for.  

32. Det=Matt Corral QB Ole Miss, Corral might have the 2nd most upside in the class after Willis, but like Willis, he also likely isn't ready to start right away. Sitting behind Goff isn't the worst thing in the world for him or the Lions.

Colts:
Allen Robinson=I think he's still a top-10ish WR who just was injured and possibly checked out last year. I think he'd be the 1A to Pittman's 1B in Indy. They may seem like a weird combo as they win on very similar ways, but that isn't as big an issue as one would think. They both can get deep even if neither runs 4.4.

Duane Brown=Aiming a little higher than Eric Fisher, Brown is a bit older, but has been the one constant among Seattle's OL. 

Calais Campbell=The idea of putting him next to Buckner is so appealing to me. Good luck throwing short over the middle with a 6-7 guy next to a 6-8 guy. 

Austin Corbett=A slight upgrade from Glowinski, he's maybe not as good a run blocker, but a huge upgrade as a pass blocker, as well as almost 4 years younger.

Marcus Mariota=At the end of the day, I just think the Colts want a guy teammates like and isn't incompetent. Mariota fits that. I could see a guy like Howell or Ridder in round 2.

Broncos:
Von Miller=I don't think he's kidding either about coming back. He's said many times, even after being traded last year, that he'll always be a Bronco first. Maybe he'll even get his old locker back. 

Josey Jewell=Was in the midst of a breakout season before getting hurt. That same injury likely prevents him from being too expensive to keep.

Charvarious Ward=Always nice to take from a division rival. Callahan and Fuller are following Fangio out the door(after following him in) and Ward could pair with Surtain to form a nice young starting duo.

Bears:
Casey Hayward=A veteran DB is needed, and Hayward proved last year he can still go. He's also much better in zone than man which is what Eberflus is bringing from Indy.

James Daniels=Can't let a solid 24 year old Guard go. 

Amari Cooper=I think this is the best fit for Cooper to be a #1 WR, and potentially get paid. He also complements Mooney quite well, giving Fields a target with some more size. 

49ers:
D.J. Jones=With almost no money, and many extensions to make, keeping Jones is about all I expect the 49ers to be able to do. He's a solid DL and shouldn't be very costly. 

Rams:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Odell Beckham=Seems likely to take a below market deal to stay and also seems likely to miss half of 2022. I do think Beckham is to blame for his struggles in Cleveland more than anyone else is. Its true he wasn't targeted as much as he'd have liked, but he also felt he was a top-5 WR, when in reality he's more like top-25. I'll be curious how team 1st he is when he comes back. I'm fully expecting the pecking order to be Kupp>Woods>Beckham. Still he's one hell of an ancillary weapon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
De'Vondre Campbell=Likely to cash in after a career year in GB. Campbell has the sideline to sideline ability teams crave, he just hadn't put it together before last year.
Great post. 

Fyi i listened to an interview with him the other day on NFL radio and he was gushing about how Green Bay used him. They asked him about what type of team he'd like to go to if he couldn't get something done with green bay and he just sounded completely unprepared to answer it. I would bet good money he not only returns there but signs a lower contract than people think he could have gotten elsewhere.  

This is my greatest hope for Patterson, going to Mia and them not drafting an rb until late.

However I just don't see a cb going top two.   Never happened, never going to happen.

Evan Engram=I think his market will be very small, and he likely re-signs a 1 year deal, hoping that being in a Daboll offense will increase his value.
I think engram needs a change of scenery and maybe position.  There was an article recently about potential suitors moving him to slot wr and i think that's a better fit both for his talent and for keeping him healthy. 

Arizona wanting Conner and Edmunds back might sound dumb but the rumors sound legit. 

I think the pats may make a serious run at Tyler Lockett if he's available.  They were rumored to be interested in trading for robbie and dumping agholor but Lockett would be a perfect match for mac giving him the rare combination of slot quickness and deep speed plus all the veteran stuff that a wr1 offers like scramble drills and that pre snap audible without actually saying anything that great qbs and wrs just give each other a look and know.  They could really use a young linebacker and there are a couple good ones who should be available... they also like to stock up on either side of the line...

Laken Tomlinson has been mentioned with links to Miami, I've seen Ryan Jensen mentioned as well. 

With so much beef on the OL and DL, playmakers at Secondary up and down the board, be a shame if Miami blows another 1st, they already spent 2 of them on Waddle, that's why Waddle has to over produce IMHO for them to come out ahead on their WR. 

Let's see how high the Center goes, wouldn't shock me if Miami moved up to get him if that's what they need on the OL. He's not the only one, think BC has one you don't have to draft in the 1st round. Miami has some picks in the 3rd-6th they can build some depth for the OL there as well. 

GREAT POST/Thread

-Might be a good spot for others to try and do likewise to what you are showing and compare notes. Great chalkboard to start discussion. It took a while to write all that stuff you did, outstanding. 

bostonfred said:
I think engram needs a change of scenery and maybe position.  There was an article recently about potential suitors moving him to slot wr and i think that's a better fit both for his talent and for keeping him healthy. 

Arizona wanting Conner and Edmunds back might sound dumb but the rumors sound legit. 

I think the pats may make a serious run at Tyler Lockett if he's available.  They were rumored to be interested in trading for robbie and dumping agholor but Lockett would be a perfect match for mac giving him the rare combination of slot quickness and deep speed plus all the veteran stuff that a wr1 offers like scramble drills and that pre snap audible without actually saying anything that great qbs and wrs just give each other a look and know.  They could really use a young linebacker and there are a couple good ones who should be available... they also like to stock up on either side of the line...
I'm not sure Engram has the quickness to actually be a slot WR. I think a guy like Mike Gesicki is pretty unique, and I'd argue actually kind of hurts the Dolphins at times. Engram is maybe a little quicker than him, but also has much worse hands.

Conner is a really good RB. I said it at the time, and I stand by it, I think the Steelers would have been way better off just keeping Conner than wasting a 1st on Harris. Conner>Harris, and that's without factoring in that they could have used the 1st elsewhere. Edmonds is an average 3rd down RB, and easily replaceable, so I don't know why they'd be keen to retain him, for anything other than a very low salary. 

The Pats would have to do a ton of work to get a guy like Lockett. Despite his age, and the Seahawks rebuild plans, Lockett feels like maybe the hardest player on Seattle to get. He just signed an extension that would require a huge cap hit for Seattle to get rid of, and NE couldn't afford to pick it up themselves. He would easily slot in as the #1 there though if they managed to pull something off. I think it might actually be easier to get Metcalf though. I didn't get the Anderson stuff at all. Is he even better than Agholor, especially as you'd have to give up something to get him?

Ministry of Pain said:
Laken Tomlinson has been mentioned with links to Miami, I've seen Ryan Jensen mentioned as well. 

With so much beef on the OL and DL, playmakers at Secondary up and down the board, be a shame if Miami blows another 1st, they already spent 2 of them on Waddle, that's why Waddle has to over produce IMHO for them to come out ahead on their WR. 

Let's see how high the Center goes, wouldn't shock me if Miami moved up to get him if that's what they need on the OL. He's not the only one, think BC has one you don't have to draft in the 1st round. Miami has some picks in the 3rd-6th they can build some depth for the OL there as well. 

GREAT POST/Thread

-Might be a good spot for others to try and do likewise to what you are showing and compare notes. Great chalkboard to start discussion. It took a while to write all that stuff you did, outstanding. 
I get the McDaniel connection with Tomlinson, and I think they'll have some interest, but I think he's going to have a pretty huge market in general. I also think Guard is the Dolphins strongest OL position with Hunt and Jackson(who was better at G than T) I like the idea of starting Armstead-Jackson-Jensen-Hunt-Eichenberg. 

I do think Waddle was a pretty big overpay. But, I don't think that should prevent them from adding more. I'm a Tua believer, but realize he needs a lot around him.

I assume you mean Alec Lindstrom as the BC center. I think he's a 5th round guy. Agree he could be a decent depth guy. 

Awesome work, great post!  What are your thoughts on Leonard Fournette?  Does he stay with Tampa or move on?
I kind of avoided RB for 2 reasons:

1. I think other than Patterson and his unique skill set, the FA group is somewhat interchangeable. 

2. I think teams are getting smarter about signing FA RBs, and are much more likely to wait until after the draft to fill a hole rather than sign a guy beforehand. 

In Fournette's case, I'd be surprised if Tampa kept him. I think he was a bit of a Brady guy, and if he does return I think its because he tests the waters to find no bites. Even in that scenario, I think he'll have a smaller role, as let's be honest, its not like Fournette played great, he just got a lot of work in an elite offense. He's still the same guy he was in Jacksonville. 

travdogg said:
Rams:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Odell Beckham=Seems likely to take a below market deal to stay and also seems likely to miss half of 2022. I do think Beckham is to blame for his struggles in Cleveland more than anyone else is. Its true he wasn't targeted as much as he'd have liked, but he also felt he was a top-5 WR, when in reality he's more like top-25. I'll be curious how team 1st he is when he comes back. I'm fully expecting the pecking order to be Kupp>Woods>Beckham. Still he's one hell of an ancillary weapon. 
I agree his attitude was bad in Cleveland but his on field struggles were due to bad QB play.  He was open a lot and rarely received a catchable ball.  I had him in a few places so watched a lot of his games and he was consistently open and the ball was late, high, behind, low, whatever other miss you can state and uncatchable.  Is he a top 5 WR?  No, but he is still a top notch WR in the NFL.  I agree I think he stays with the Rams and it's a great spot for him.  

I agree his attitude was bad in Cleveland but his on field struggles were due to bad QB play.  He was open a lot and rarely received a catchable ball.  I had him in a few places so watched a lot of his games and he was consistently open and the ball was late, high, behind, low, whatever other miss you can state and uncatchable.  Is he a top 5 WR?  No, but he is still a top notch WR in the NFL.  I agree I think he stays with the Rams and it's a great spot for him.  
It's obvious the problem was Mayfield - just based on how he looked with the Rams.

I'm most curious to see how much one of the top receivers in this draft going to Cleveland would drop them in fantasy world.  Let's say going into the NFL draft that Burks is the consensus WR1 and Wilson is 2.  I agree with your take that Cleveland likely takes a WR, so if it's Wilson does that drop him below London?  If Cleveland takes Burks does that knock him to WR3?  Will be very interested to see who the Browns take at 13. 

wgoldsph said:
However I just don't see a cb going top two.   Never happened, never going to happen.
this was my only big issue in this mock. 

A nice job overall, but I can’t see a defensive back too 2. Or 3. Or 5, for that matter. Not with elite edge rushers & OL available. 

travdogg said:
4. NYJ=Kayvon Thibodeaux EDGE Oregon, not worried at all about potential attitude issues, and I doubt Saleh will be either. With also getting Carl Lawson back, the Jets pass rush could be massively upgraded.

Marcus Williams=If Maye hadn't gotten hurt, he's probably getting a long term deal. Such is life in the NFL. Williams is a better and younger player anyway.

Stephon Gilmore=Upgrading the pass defense is priority #1 for the Jets, and they have a lot of cap room to do it with. Gilmore isn't the best CB in the league like he was 3 years ago, but he's still top-10 whenever he's on the field.

Christian Kirk=Keeping Wilson supplied with weapons will be a boon, and he seemed to do best with the shiftier types. Kirk replaces both Crowder/Berrios while also having deep ball ability. Adding him to Davis and Moore gives them a very versatile trio. 

Foyesade Oluokun=Very fast LB, who has underachieved to date. After De'Vondre Campbell's breakout, one wonders if that is a Falcons problem.
I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat. Hopefully they land Trey McBride in the second.

Very entertaining & well thought-out mock. 

My only other issue is with LV, where I do believe they go for a speed guy. Their biggest need is a deep threat after Ruggs untimely departure, and honestly we don’t know what London will be since he didn’t test.

Until he hosts a workout I’m not convinced he is that WR1 type you say the Raiders need. It’s concerning that he’s still not 100% after his injury. Unless there was ligament damage he shouldn’t still be rehabbing. So maybe there was?

Right now what I’ve read as his best attributes are size & contested catch ability. The latter of which isn’t always an ability that translates to the pros.

I’m also not sure Pickett is going that high. I could see the Saints going with Jameis Winston another season instead. The small hands are one issue, the other is that while he is “NFL ready” & has a high floor, he also reportedly has a low ceiling.

honestly don’t know where he’s gonna get drafted, but that seems a bit high. 

But overall a great job, well thought out & I enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time. 

I’d be mildly miffed if the titans pass on Williams. I don’t think he’s there anyway but that’s sprint to the podium pick if he is. IMO 

but definitely thank you for the thought process. These are always entertaining and yours is informative

I don’t wanna pee on your Cheerios, but I doubt either of the top 2 edge rushers make it to 4. 
Well that is why I'd sign up for it. I don't think it's impossible if some QBs start getting hyped (it won't happen because a CB goes at 2), but I'm not expecting it. I think they may end up trading down.

Look for Jacksonville to trade down since there are at least 3 Tackles they could choose from, perhaps the NY Giants want to package their selections or you could also look to the Jets to get involved although I see them also wanting to trade back. 

Philly could be in a prime spot to perhaps move up in order to cash in on these multiple 1st round picks they have vs just settling for solid but perhaps not great in those middle spots. 

Still like that we are going strictly on how the board looks currently. 

Well that is why I'd sign up for it. I don't think it's impossible if some QBs start getting hyped (it won't happen because a CB goes at 2), but I'm not expecting it. I think they may end up trading down.
That might be their best bet to maximize needs in this draft, tbh. If they can get a lower 1st & pick up another 2nd in the process, then they can address holes at S, DE, OL.

I agree it’s possible, but I suspect it’ll be pretty unlikely. IMO the top 2 DE go in the first 3 picks. 

i don’t see a QB going before 11, and I’m not sure the Redskins take one since they picked up Wentz. I think they should, but the same minds that traded for Wentz would have to be smart enough to know they need to replace him & I’m not sure that’s in their wheelhouse. 

That might be their best bet to maximize needs in this draft, tbh. If they can get a lower 1st & pick up another 2nd in the process, then they can address holes at S, DE, OL.

I agree it’s possible, but I suspect it’ll be pretty unlikely. IMO the top 2 DE go in the first 3 picks. 

i don’t see a QB going before 11, and I’m not sure the Redskins take one since they picked up Wentz. I think they should, but the same minds that traded for Wentz would have to be smart enough to know they need to replace him & I’m not sure that’s in their wheelhouse. 
Wentz was very cheap to acquire and would be very cheap to move on from. I don't see him as anything more than a bridge QB, and I'd be surprised if the Commanders did either. They just needed to make sure they had somebody better than Heinicke. 

It's obvious the problem was Mayfield - just based on how he looked with the Rams.
I think that is an oversimplification. Mayfield was playing at a Pro Bowl level whenever he was healthy and Beckham wasn't. 

I think its more likely Beckham had great success being treated as an afterthought for the first time in his career. 

Wentz was very cheap to acquire and would be very cheap to move on from. I don't see him as anything more than a bridge QB, and I'd be surprised if the Commanders did either. They just needed to make sure they had somebody better than Heinicke. 
I think they believe he can be there for a couple of years. He’s cheap to move on from, but he solves the immediate need at QB. That frees them up to draft a premier defensive player, or a key cog to shore up the OL at 11.

I would only expect them to draft a QB at 11 if they hadn’t acquired Wentz.

i get that people want them to draft / develop a QB behind Wentz, but they have more pressing needs if they want to win now. Acquiring Wentz is a signal they’re not rebuilding. So why spend a 1st on a 2-3 year project like Willis? 

I expect them to take anything but a QB in the 1st. 

I'm most curious to see how much one of the top receivers in this draft going to Cleveland would drop them in fantasy world.  Let's say going into the NFL draft that Burks is the consensus WR1 and Wilson is 2.  I agree with your take that Cleveland likely takes a WR, so if it's Wilson does that drop him below London?  If Cleveland takes Burks does that knock him to WR3?  Will be very interested to see who the Browns take at 13. 
I'm not sure going to Cleveland is a death sentence for a rookie WR. Its not the best location, but Jarvis Landry was WR12 in 2019 with Mayfield, so it can certainly be done. 

I'm not a Burks fan at all, so he'd have to land in a perfect situation to be a top-3 WR to me. 

With these landing spots, my WR board would go: London>Wilson>Williams>Olave>Burks>Dotson. Its possible some round 2 guys would be above Dotson. 

Well, was right about a lot of positions addressed in FA, but not so much the actual players. Got Chark, JC Jackson, and Armstead right anyway. Here's how I see the draft, post 1st wave FA, this is more what I think will happen, than what I would do if I were each team's GM.

1. Jacksonville=Aidan Hutchinson DE Michigan, after tagging Cam Robinson and adding Brandon Scherff, I think they are less needy on the OL, or at least they believe that. Hutchinson is an EDGE prospect, better than Young or Nick Bosa in my opinion, probably equal to Garrett. He gives off a very strong Jared Allen vibe.

2. Detroit=Evan Neal OL Alabama, this isn't a need per se, but I think Dan Campbell wants to build a bully offense, and Neal has played everywhere on the OL. I think he can start at Guard, and perhaps eventually take Decker's spot. This is best player available.

3. Houston=Ikem Ekwonu OT NC State, the best run blocker on the draft, he offers a nice bookend to Tunsil, and helps to give them the best possible chance to evaluate Mills.

4. NY Jets=Kayvon Thibodeaux DE Oregon, could be Saleh's new Nick Bosa, and the Jets seemed to have settled their OL issues. 

5. NY Giants=Charles Cross OT Mississippi State, best pass blocker in the draft, and should start next to FA signing Glowinski to greatly improve the right side of the OL.

6. Carolina=Malik Willis QB Liberty, I'm not gonna project trades, but I think Carolina will be very active in trying to move down with only 1 pick in the first 3 rounds. If they can't, and nobody moves up, Willis makes a lot of sense. If Mayfield is truly available for almost nothing, I could see them going in that direction, but if that doesn't happen before the draft, they aren't going in with Darnold. Willis has a Lamar Jackson ceiling, but he's a little riskier. 

7. NY Giants=Travon Walker DE Georgia, I think David Ojabo was likely the #3 EDGE rusher until tearing his Achilles. Now, Walker is that guy. I liked Ojulari as a prospect, and Walker would be an even higher upside option opposite him. He didn't play as well as his combine suggests he should have, but his upside is as high as anyone's.

8. Atlanta=Jermaine Johnson DE Florida State, Johnson is flying up draft boards, and the Falcons need just about everything. Lorenzo Carter was a decent cheap pickup, and Johnson should be a safer, if maybe lower upside pick compared to Walker or Kayvon.

9. Seattle=Tyler Linderbaum C Iowa, the Seahawks are fully rebuilding after getting rid of their best players on both sides of the ball. Linderbaum is the safest prospect in this class, I almost can't envision a non-injury scenario where Linderbaum isn't a top-5 Center as early as this season. 

10. NY Jets=Kyle Hamilton S Notre Dame, I think his almost 4.6 40 time, pushes him out of the top-5, but he certainly plays faster than that on tape. Pairing him with FA addition Jordan Whitehead gives them some serious big play on the backend. 

11. Washington=Ahmad Gardner CB Cincinnati, the secondary could use another CB. William Jackson was a FA disappointment, but his history suggests he'll bounce back, and Kendall Fuller is a high-end slot CB. Gardner adds a physical presence on the outside. 

12. Minnesota=Derek Stingley CB LSU, likely goes higher if he has a good showing at his pro day, this is purely an injury concern fall, as he's a top-3 player in this draft in my eyes, and the best CB in a long time. Cam Dantzler is BY FAR the Vikings best CB right now, and that isn't ideal at all. Stingley allowed only a 39% completion rate in his coverage in his career.

13. Houston=Drake London WR USC, London has good size, and great physicality both at the catch point, and after the catch. He's a perfect fit opposite Cooks, and would be a big help in finding out if Mills is the guy, which I doubt he is, but London can then help the next guy.

14. Baltimore=George Karlaftis DE Purdue, can play both inside and out, he's a perfect for the Ravens who greatly value versatility. 

15. Philadelphia=Trent McDuffie CB Washington, great all around player, who can play man and zone, and while he isn't the athlete Stingley or Gardner are, he's arguably a more well rounded player. Eagles could use a #2 opposite Slay, whether Nelson re-signs or not. 

16. Philadelphia=Jordan Davis DT Georgia, maybe the best combine of any player in history, but isn't without flaws. He disappeared at times, was a part-time player, and was mostly a run stuffer only. On the flip side, his combine suggests the latter 2 issues were Georgia issues and not Davis issues. Philly loves rotating DL, and Davis is likely Cox's long term replacement.

17. LA Chargers=Garrett Wilson WR Ohio State, Wilson reminds me a little of Stefon Diggs, in that he can play inside or out, and is pretty good at everything a WR needs to do, though he hasn't proven he can beat press consistently.  I think the Chargers offseason leads me to believe, they are going to try to win shootouts every week. Score early, and makes teams chase, with Mack and Bosa creating havoc and adding a ballhawk in JC Jackson. Wilson could also be a long term replacement for Keenan Allen. 

18. New Orleans=Chris Olave WR Ohio State, the Saints don't have anybody to stretch defenses, and Olave isn't coming off a torn ACL, so he's the pick here. The last Ohio State WR the Saints took has panned out well, and Olave would be an excellent compliment to Thomas. 

19. Philadelphia=Boye Mafe DE Minnesota, flying up boards after an outstanding Senior Bowl and combine. Like Davis, this is a rotational player in year 1, but likely a long term replacement for Brandon Graham. 

20. Pittsburgh=Kenny Pickett QB Pittsburgh, I'm not a huge fan of his, but I think the NFL likes him a lot more than I do. The Steelers can't seriously go with Trubisky. Pickett brings more to the table than he ever has. He's the most NFL ready QB, and also seemingly aced the interview process at the combine.

21. New England=Devin Lloyd LB Utah, while he doesn't have the size the Patriots like, he is an all around player, who can both blitz and cover at a high level. Replacing Hightower is a priority and I don't think Mack Wilson is somebody they are counting in as anything more than a flier. 

22. Green Bay=Treylon Burks WR Arkansas, I think he's been overrated throughout the process, but his combine likely pushes  him closer to where he should be going. The Packers are desperate for WR help, currently their #1 is maybe Randall Cobb.  Burks has good size and tackle breaking ability, but its questionable if his big play ability will translate. Still, could be a great fit with Rodgers.

23. Arizona=Devonte Wyatt DT Georgia, overshadowed by Jordan Davis at the combine, Wyatt was not chopped liver by any means, and was the better player at Georgia. Putting him beside JJ Watt will be a tough ask for any interior OL. 

24. Dallas=David Ojabo DE Michigan, Jerry Jones is no stranger to taking risks on injured players. Ojabo was a likely top-10 pick before his Achilles injury. Dante Fowler, reuniting with Dan Quinn, is good enough to hold the fort down until Ojabo is ready. Ojabo is an extremely high upside player, and somebody will definitely take a chance on in late round 1.

25. Buffalo=Kenyon Green OL Texas A&M, Daryl Williams is gone, and Cody Ford has been a bust to date, Saffold was a solid pickup, but he's also 33. Green has played both Tackle and Guard, but fits better at Guard, which coincidently is also where Buffalo has a greater need. 

26. Tennessee=Matt Corral QB Ole Miss, I'm not a huge Corral fan, but I've seen this is a few places. Tannehill has monster cap numbers coming, and while I think he's a top-10 QB personally, he has come up a bit short in the playoffs. Getting a QB on a rookie deal is something they may need, if they hope to sign both AJ Brown and Jeffrey Simmons long term. 

27. Tampa Bay=Andrew Booth CB Clemson, the Bucs had a lot of injuries in the secondary last season, and its likely at least 1 of Dean or Murphy-Bunting won't be back in 2023, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to get ahead of that. Booth has flashes of excellence, but has been a bit inconsistent. I could see him eased in, but eventually becoming a high-end starter.

28. Green Bay=Trevor Penning OL Northern Iowa, Penning is dominant run blocker, albeit in division 2, so he's got more questions than the top guys. Penning likely plays Tackle but could play Guard. Personally, I think they'd move Jenkins back inside in this scenario. The Packers with Adams gone, may look to move into a bit more of a smashmouth offense, where Penning would be a big help. 

29. Kansas City=Bernhard Raimann T Central Michigan, Right Tackle is the weakness of this OL, and its really not a weakness so much as just the weakest point. Raimann, despite his small school, is NFL ready and could be a top notch RT for years to come. 

30. Kansas City=Daxton Hill DB Michigan, I know some are going to be wanting a WR here, but between MVS and JuJu, they may view the position as solid enough, they've at least cornered the market on WRs with hyphenated names, maybe they can trade for JJAW? Hill is an elite athlete who can play CB or Safety. Hill would prevent them from having to rely on DeAndre Baker for a big role.

31. Cincinnati=Arnold Ebiketie DE Penn State, a high floor DE, he brings more to the table than Sam Hubbard does, and after doing a very solid job building the OL through FA, they don't need to address it early in the draft.

32. Detroit=Jameson Williams WR Alabama, arguably the best WR in the class, but a torn ACL in the national title game, means he's a candidate for the PUP list. Detroit isn't exactly playing for 2022, so they are a little more likely to be open to taking him in round 1. He'd pair great with Amon-Ra and Chark, and likely has a higher ceiling than both. 

26. Tennessee=Matt Corral QB Ole Miss, I'm not a huge Corral fan, but I've seen this is a few places. Tannehill has monster cap numbers coming, and while I think he's a top-10 QB personally, he has come up a bit short in the playoffs. Getting a QB on a rookie deal is something they may need, if they hope to sign both AJ Brown and Jeffrey Simmons long term. 
I find this one interesting and while I don't typically follow the mocks before April I've been thinking along the same lines after the trades/signings in the AFC this year. It's very possible imo that TEN goes from #1 seed in the conference to completely missing the playoffs a year later. Their cap looks like a mess and can they really afford to lose their best players just so they can stick with Tannehill as the ~8th/9th best QB in his conference? Henry has been an absolute beast but my guess is he's not going to age all that well into his late 20's so more and more burden falls on the arm of Tannehill.... which is scary enough WITH AJ Brown but imagine that scenario without AJ Brown. Windows close quickly in the NFL and TEN may have already seen their window shut.

People may think this is too early to take a QB from this class but they should also remember that TEN doesn't pick again until pick#90. You might have to be a fairly big fan of Zappe/Coan types if you waiting that late to draft a QB. I just have a tough time seeing those types even having the possible ceiling of an NFL starting QB. Ideally I suppose you move down and draft a QB in the 2nd round.... but then you miss the 5th year option even if you do hit on your rookie QB pick.

I find this one interesting and while I don't typically follow the mocks before April I've been thinking along the same lines after the trades/signings in the AFC this year. It's very possible imo that TEN goes from #1 seed in the conference to completely missing the playoffs a year later. Their cap looks like a mess and can they really afford to lose their best players just so they can stick with Tannehill as the ~8th/9th best QB in his conference? Henry has been an absolute beast but my guess is he's not going to age all that well into his late 20's so more and more burden falls on the arm of Tannehill.... which is scary enough WITH AJ Brown but imagine that scenario without AJ Brown. Windows close quickly in the NFL and TEN may have already seen their window shut.

People may think this is too early to take a QB from this class but they should also remember that TEN doesn't pick again until pick#90. You might have to be a fairly big fan of Zappe/Coan types if you waiting that late to draft a QB. I just have a tough time seeing those types even having the possible ceiling of an NFL starting QB. Ideally I suppose you move down and draft a QB in the 2nd round.... but then you miss the 5th year option even if you do hit on your rookie QB pick.
I don’t hate the idea of them taking a QB as much as I had a month ago. We’ll see what happens here but I think Penning is the better pick for them here and JRob has shown clear interest.  Jameson, Raimann and Hill seem like viable alternatives. 

22. Green Bay=Treylon Burks WR Arkansas, I think he's been overrated throughout the process, but his combine likely pushes  him closer to where he should be going. The Packers are desperate for WR help, currently their #1 is maybe Randall Cobb.  Burks has good size and tackle breaking ability, but its questionable if his big play ability will translate. Still, could be a great fit with Rodgers.
LINK to chart

Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL

Early 2022 projections show the obvious: The Packers need wide receivers.

7. NY Giants=Travon Walker DE Georgia, I think David Ojabo was likely the #3 EDGE rusher until tearing his Achilles. Now, Walker is that guy. I liked Ojulari as a prospect, and Walker would be an even higher upside option opposite him. He didn't play as well as his combine suggests he should have, but his upside is as high as anyone's.
Dane Brugler@dpbrugler

Gotta love when the testing data matches what you saw on tape. Why Travon Walker is one of the best players in the draft.

Kent Lee Platte@MathBomb

Travon Walker is a DE prospect in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 1428 DE from 1987 to 2022.

LINK >>>> https://ras.football/ras-information/?PlayerID=21463&pos=DE… #RAS

Not sure Philly will execute the way you selected for them at 15-16-19 but I love what you grabbed for them. They would reshape their Defense for the next 5 years. 

Wonderful work, still disagree on things, Detroit is not taking another Tackle at #2 but OK if they did they would have a sick OL. All of their starters graded well last season, I didn't see where they needed another starter. 

That aside, thank you so much for doing all this, great work. This thread will go into overdrive as we get closer and closer. 

Not sure Philly will execute the way you selected for them at 15-16-19 but I love what you grabbed for them. They would reshape their Defense for the next 5 years. 

Wonderful work, still disagree on things, Detroit is not taking another Tackle at #2 but OK if they did they would have a sick OL. All of their starters graded well last season, I didn't see where they needed another starter. 

That aside, thank you so much for doing all this, great work. This thread will go into overdrive as we get closer and closer. 
The thing with Philly is I don't see them taking a WR in the 1st round 3 years in a row, Roseman hates taking LBs in round 1, and unless there is a QB they absolutely love, I think those are the positions they are taking. 

The #2 pick is an interesting one. It doesn't seem to me like they like Kayvon, and I don't think Hamilton is going that high after almost running a 4.6, and I doubt they'd take Willis. Maybe they'll trade down, but I think best player available is Neal, and I agree they don't need him, he'd be a significant upgrade, and that would benefit whomever ends up being the QB long term. Plus if they wanted, they could save a few million moving on from Vaitai. 

I thought about going 2 rounds deep, but figured there is still so much time to the draft, that why bother? I'll likely go 3 rounds come draft day.

I hope Minnesota doesn't take another CB early.  Ugh.  I am not familiar with the O-Line prospects but I would much rather they go in the trenches and pick an O-line or interior D-line if the pick merits the draft slot.  With the signing of Za'rdarius and the return of Hunter I think DB is improved by a lack of time for the QB.  The Vikes have wasted too many high picks on DB's and I don't want them doing it again. 

I'm of 2 minds here. I think Tannehill is among the most underrated players in the NFL. I think he's a great QB, and I also think the Titans are highly unlikely to miss the playoffs. I think they are more likely to repeat as the #1 seed than miss entirely, given their division. 

That said, I also think its a great system for a QB, and very conducive to being one that maybe doesn't require major money spent into it, especially as they've decided to pay a RB. Corral excels at the RPO and PA game that the Titans use, and has the mobility to be a danger on keepers just like Tannehill is. 

I agree QB drops off like a stone after the top-5 guys. Personally, I like Howell the most of that group, but from everything I've read, he's kind of a consensus 2nd round pick. I do think Zappe has some ability, but its in more of a Minshew esq scrappy backup kind of way. I think Coan is borderline draftable. 

I hope Minnesota doesn't take another CB early.  Ugh.  I am not familiar with the O-Line prospects but I would much rather they go in the trenches and pick an O-line or interior D-line if the pick merits the draft slot.  With the signing of Za'rdarius and the return of Hunter I think DB is improved by a lack of time for the QB.  The Vikes have wasted too many high picks on DB's and I don't want them doing it again. 
To be fair, its an entirely different front office, so I don't think they should avoid CB just because the previous regime missed on some picks. I could see them taking 2 CBs in their first 3 picks, its basically Dantzler and nothing else right now. 

I will say, if Tyler Linderbaum is there at #12, he's going to be hard to pass up. 

After signing both Tomlinson and Phillips these last 2 off seasons, and having an underrated young player in Watts, I don't see DT being an option. 

To be fair, its an entirely different front office, so I don't think they should avoid CB just because the previous regime missed on some picks. I could see them taking 2 CBs in their first 3 picks, its basically Dantzler and nothing else right now. 

I will say, if Tyler Linderbaum is there at #12, he's going to be hard to pass up. 

After signing both Tomlinson and Phillips these last 2 off seasons, and having an underrated young player in Watts, I don't see DT being an option. 
I agree with the bolded.  The signing of Phillips was a nice addition addressing the internal DL. 

I also agree that the different front office will evaluate things differently however I don't think pick 12 is a place to take a CB.  You can find serviceable (or better than serviceable) DB's later in the draft.  If you have a good enough pass rush you don't need Revis and Deion as your corners.  With Za'Darius and Hunter they should be getting plenty of pressure.  

Houston could be a big wildcard, they truly could go with any position for an upgrade or trade down. They have a good LT (but he is a possible trade candidate next year) and a passable RT that could (probably should) kick in to guard instead. Cooks is on the last year of his contract. Mills is no guarantee they are sold on rolling with him at QB (although it seems most likely.) They have a few role players on defense that surprised last year but no studs anywhere, the pass rush has no marquee guy and the secondary is completely bare.

Edit: A long winded way of saying they need help everywhere. I would guess they will go BPA but which guy that braintrust thinks is the BPA is ???

I appreciate the effort but Lions going OT at 2 would be a huge stretch. I’m not sure Neal would even start next year. Sewell and Decker look to be one of the better OT pairs for next season. Both are under affordable contracts for a few years. Ragnow is a top 5 center. Jonah Jackson made the Pro Bowl at 24 playing guard. Vaitai graded out really well at RG after a disappointing season at RT. I’m not sure Neal can move to guard and be better than Jackson or Vaitai. The Lions have too many holes to draft a backup OL at 2. 

Ilov80s said:
I appreciate the effort but Lions going OT at 2 would be a huge stretch. I’m not sure Neal would even start next year. Sewell and Decker look to be one of the better OT pairs for next season. Both are under affordable contracts for a few years. Ragnow is a top 5 center. Jonah Jackson made the Pro Bowl at 24 playing guard. Vaitai graded out really well at RG after a disappointing season at RT. I’m not sure Neal can move to guard and be better than Jackson or Vaitai. The Lions have too many holes to draft a backup OL at 2. 
Vaitai was fine, but is very replaceable, and they'd save a few million in the process. I'm not sure where he graded out very well, he was outside the top-30 Guards at both run and pass blocking, per PFF.  Neal would be a significant upgrade from Vaitai or Jackson, but especially Vaitai as he's making 8 million. Neal started his career at Bama as a Guard. 

Jackson making the Pro Bowl is another example of why Pro Bowls don't matter. He wasn't a top-5 Guard in the NFC last year, might not have even been top-10, and I like the guy.

I fully agree with you on Decker, Ragnow, and Sewell all being great starters, but Jackson and Vaitai are just ok in my opinion, and have nowhere near the upside a guy like Neal has. Adding Neal could give the Lions the best OL in the NFL going forward. 

Vaitai was fine, but is very replaceable, and they'd save a few million in the process. I'm not sure where he graded out very well, he was outside the top-30 Guards at both run and pass blocking, per PFF.  Neal would be a significant upgrade from Vaitai or Jackson, but especially Vaitai as he's making 8 million. Neal started his career at Bama as a Guard. 
Right but now we are talking about taking a guard at 2 overall. A guard who would be playing out of position. That is a stretch. How many 6'7" guards are there even? That seems a bit tall for the interior. 

Jackson making the Pro Bowl is another example of why Pro Bowls don't matter. He wasn't a top-5 Guard in the NFC last year, might not have even been top-10, and I like the guy.
He was in his 2nd year in the NFL though. It's not unreasonable to say he will keep improving. He does not seem like the guy to try and replace on this team. 

Ilov80s said:
 Edge rusher is a premier position, take the best one left at #2.

My stance is Willis, edge or trade back. Anything else and I am disappointed. 
I highly support trade back. I just didn't want to project trades. 

I kind of like the idea of trading back and taking Drake London. London/St.Brown/Chark would be an interesting trio, as they all win in different ways. 

God no, please god no.

Nice work in here though, interesting read.
Why? They have the worst CB room in the NFL right now. Just because the old guard swung and missed, doesn't mean the new one will.

I highly support trade back. I just didn't want to project trades. 

I kind of like the idea of trading back and taking Drake London. London/St.Brown/Chark would be an interesting trio, as they all win in different ways. 
Yeah the trade back mock draft is messy and kind of silly IMO. As if predicting the picks isn't challenging enough, trying to guess the moves is just impossible. 

Users who are viewing this thread