What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Travdogg's pre-combine mock draft (2 Viewers)

I think replacing Howell with Mariota is a tell that WAS will select Daniels, who has a similar skillset, at #2.
I keep seeing this, and I keep thinking this is way off base.
Agreed. I don't think Mariota is a tell in any way. If they'd signed Tyler Huntley maybe.

I think all these teams dumping young QBs for peanuts are dumb though. If you are worried about your rookie QB not being able to outperform the incumbent who you have decided to replace, then that's a bad sign I think. If teams are worried about the locker room being split, then that probably means the team (players anyway) believes in the incumbent and maybe QB isn't the real problem.

I think replacing Howell with Mariota is a tell that WAS will select Daniels, who has a similar skillset, at #2.
I keep seeing this, and I keep thinking this is way off base.
Agreed. I don't think Mariota is a tell in any way. If they'd signed Tyler Huntley maybe.

I think all these teams dumping young QBs for peanuts are dumb though. If you are worried about your rookie QB not being able to outperform the incumbent who you have decided to replace, then that's a bad sign I think. If teams are worried about the locker room being split, then that probably means the team (players anyway) believes in the incumbent and maybe QB isn't the real problem.
Definitely wouldn't be the first or last time I'm wrong about something in FF, but I'd be interested to hear why it's way off base? Is it because you don't think they they share similar skillsets? Or because you don't think two QBs with similar running ability are necessary in an RPO offense, for example. Tyler Huntley backing up Lamar Jackson was kinda my point. By the way Travdogg, thanks for this most excellent thread and all the good work you do on this board.

Mariota running:

If anything Maye's running ability is more similar to Mariota's. Daniels runs way more effectively.

I'm expecting the commanders to take Maye unless Minnesota throws a cannot refuse offer at them.

Users who are viewing this thread