What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gurley for 1.02/Gio (1 Viewer)

OldTomMesko

Footballguy
12 team PPR dynasty. Start 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 FLEX. Current RBs: Gurley, Booker, Sproles, Thompson, Michael. Behind Gurley, they suck. 

Draft picks of note: 1.01, 1.05, 2.05. 

Yeah yeah, I know, people will say that I'm just hoping that either 1.01 or 1.02 would turn into Gurley. But more and more, I'm not sure I'm entirely sold on Gurley. I think it may be more likely that he settles in as a yearly RB2 rather than a top 5 dynasty RB. I think I'd rather roll dice on Fournette, Mixon, and McCaffery. Start from the bottom. Gio would give me a good PPR back in the meantime. Go for it? Or nah?

I like 1.02 way better than Gurley. I mean did you watch Gurley last year??? Plus having both 1.1 and 1.2 is nice because one of these guys should hit and deliver RB1 value.

I like 1.02 way better than Gurley. I mean did you watch Gurley last year??? Plus having both 1.1 and 1.2 is nice because one of these guys should hit and deliver RB1 value.
He countered with Gurley/2.05 (pick 17) for Gio/1.02. Do I still do it? 

I still do it. There are risks but chances are the 1.2 falls to a better offense than Gurley. Think of how far Gurley's value will fall if by week 4 he is still putting up 50 yard and 0 TD games...

I might look for something better than Gio if you are giving up the 2.05  too.  But if he doesn't budge and you are that soured on Gurley it wouldn't be a deal breaker.  Personally I would rather have Gurley because you know he can put up good numbers in the NFL.  No guarantee 1.02 will at any point.   I am not a Gurley fan but I would rather have someone  I have seen excel in the NFL.      

For me this one simply comes down to do you prefer Gurley or 1.02?  I could see going either way.  We don't know what kind of situation any of the RB will land into so you either go Gurley if you believe he will bounce back or take 1.02 if you think he value continues to go down.

I ended up making this deal for Gio/1.02 in exchange for my Gurley and 2.05. Here was my thinking...

I'm not entirely sold on Gurley. The big reason I wanted 1.02 was much less about the individual player I would get there, but rather the fact that I now have picks 1, 2, and 5. Statistically, my odds of at least one of these guys being a significant long-term contributor is pretty high. My hope was to increase the odds of at least one of these guys panning out. 

I ended up making this deal for Gio/1.02 in exchange for my Gurley and 2.05. Here was my thinking...

I'm not entirely sold on Gurley. The big reason I wanted 1.02 was much less about the individual player I would get there, but rather the fact that I now have picks 1, 2, and 5. Statistically, my odds of at least one of these guys being a significant long-term contributor is pretty high. My hope was to increase the odds of at least one of these guys panning out. 
I wouldn't necessarily say this.  The draft is a crapshoot.  Way too many variables with the majority of early picks not performing as expected.  Obviously you had soured on Gurley so getting the 1.02 was a better asset in your eyes.  I would rather have Gurley but I don't place as much value in draft picks as most.   

Users who are viewing this thread