What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading for 1.01 (Barkley) (1 Viewer)

kyter1

Footballguy
12 Tm PPR, .25/Carry QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE,  Flex

Well, one door closes another opens. I was previously offered Gurley for Howard, Cooper, Coleman & 1.02 from a different owner, but I didn't go through. The owner of 1.01 said it was on the block. I sent an offer of 1.02, Parker, Coleman for the 1.01. He declined; which I thought he would, but responded back asking if I would do:

Give: Cooper, Njoku, 1.02 and Westbrook

Get: 1.01

I'm high on Cooper probably to a fault. I guess I have two questions. 1) would you do this trade? 2) Would you rather give up Cooper, Cooks or Landry if he would take any of the 3

My Roster:

Carr, Goff

Hunt, Howard, Collins, Booker, Yeldon

Cooper, Landry, Cooks, JuJu, Parker, Agholor, C. Coleman, Dede, White, Treadwell, T. Taylor

Ertz, Howard, Njoku

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, the difference between Barkley and Guice isn't  that big. You are giving up way to much. Run-don't walk- away from this trade as fast as you can. Your initial offer was ok but don't give up a bunch of guys for a possible slight upgrade-if it is even one at all.

Not a chance. Do not do that trade. Take Guice at 1.02 as beerbuff suggested, or whoever, and keep your young talented WRs and TEs. Way too much to give up for the 1.01. 

I am not a huge believer in Cooper so I probably think about this.  Westbrook and Njoku are just depth pieces for you that don't have a lot of value so it boils down to Cooper and 1.02 for 1.01.  I do believe Barkley is that much better than anyone else in the rookie class.  I probably pull that trigger. 

I'd take that. Outside of Cooper and 1.2, the rest of the pieces are depth. Pretty cheap price for a player many already consider a top 5 dynasty asset. As for the 2nd question, my preference on WR to give up in trade would be Landry, then Cooks, then Cooper.

The responses are a lot closer to split than I thought. I figured based on the hype I've seen around Barkley that the majority would see it at least as a Win-Win. I've been leaning on responding back with Landry and seeing if he would add the 3.01. Now I know the 3.01 doesn't hold much value, but I like the opportunity at a dart throw. Thanks for the feedback so far. 

I am not a huge believer in Cooper so I probably think about this.  Westbrook and Njoku are just depth pieces for you that don't have a lot of value so it boils down to Cooper and 1.02 for 1.01.  I do believe Barkley is that much better than anyone else in the rookie class.  I probably pull that trigger. 
Agree with this 100% - it's paying Cooper to move up from Guice to Barkley.  Watching Cooper drop 45 passes per year is going to make you shake your head at why you didn't pull this trigger if you pass

I agree that Barkley>Guice in general.  Also, Teams are really using pass-catching RBs and the mismatches they present.  That is Barkley for NYG, but C.Thompson fior WAS.  I think he linits Guice’s value.  As the others said, all you’re really doing is paying Cooper to move from Guice to Barkley.  Go for the trade.

Users who are viewing this thread