What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MSNBC Thread*** (2 Viewers)

A clarification by NBC, which might explain why we haven't heard much more about this story:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/msnbc-s-chris-matthews-was-reprimanded-over-comments-about-woman-n830471

"In 1999 this matter was thoroughly reviewed and dealt with. At that time Matthews received a formal reprimand," the MSNBC spokesperson said in an email Saturday.

The spokesperson said the woman complained to CNBC executives that Matthews made inappropriate jokes and comments about her in front of others, that the matter was reviewed and it was determined that the comments were inappropriate and made in poor taste but were never meant as propositions. The show was on CNBC before it was on MSNBC.

The Daily Caller reported that the payment was in the amount of $40,000. The MSNBC spokesperson said in the email to NBC News that the employee received separation-related compensation but wouldn’t elaborate, citing confidentiality. The Caller reported that a spokesperson for the network said the payment was significantly less than $40,000.

Matthews did not immediately respond to an emailed request for comment early Sunday.
NBC also claimed there had never been a complaint about Matt Lauer

It wouldn't surprise me if Matthews had done worse, or if NBC had protected him.  If it happened, some enterprising journalist will track it down.  I really don't know any liberals who have much skin in protecting Chris Matthews.  Or NBC, for that matter.  If they protected him, it's bad.  If somehow, they protected him to the extent of paying $32 million in claims and then gave him a raise, it's as bad as what Fox did.  

After a dozen years, MSNBC has let Joan Walsh go.

Joan Walsh ✔ @joanwalsh

So it’s true: after 12 years on MSNBC, six on contract, I learned Friday night they are not renewing. I’ve given my heart and soul to the network, from the George W. Bush years through today. I’m proud of the work I did.

6:50 AM - Dec 23, 2017
Not a happy reaction from MSNBC viewers as reflected on Twitter.

https://www.mediaite.com/online/liberal-twitter-goes-off-after-joan-walsh-out-at-msnbc-gets-keepjoanwalsh-trending/

It wouldn't surprise me if Matthews had done worse, or if NBC had protected him.  If it happened, some enterprising journalist will track it down.  I really don't know any liberals who have much skin in protecting Chris Matthews.  Or NBC, for that matter.  If they protected him, it's bad.  If somehow, they protected him to the extent of paying $32 million in claims and then gave him a raise, it's as bad as what Fox did.  
So far, nothing else has come from this story, correct? I think the perception was that more was coming from this story, but all quiet on this front.

Joan Walsh is a liberal hack. She'll fit in well on the panels on CNN that are 4:1 (or greater) vs. Trump.
A liberal hack? Jon_mx is that you? :hophead:

Joan Walsh wrote for Salon.com for about 17 years before moving to Nation and was a contributor to MSNBC for over a decade (which hardly sounds like a mercenary journalist or a pen for hire). Her articles/analysis are usually well thought out, plus her background and body of work doesn't seem to suggest that the term hack is applicable.

Please define what you mean by hack and then provide specific examples that demonstrates that how or why Joan Walsh is one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lawrence O'Donnell‏ @Lawrence 8m

Rachel @maddow has started the New Year with a ratings bang! Highest rated show on cable news this week.

I have enjoyed Nicole Wallace's intense, personal sense of grievance over how crappy the Trump communications shop is run.  She's been just brutally contemptuous filling in for Williams this week.  

Lawrence O'Donnell‏ @Lawrence 27m

TV news doesn't know how to cover a vulgar racist President who talks about "####hole countries" so I probably won't be allowed to quote the President tonight. Therefore please find a way to scream "####hole" at Trump and everyone who works for him.

My ancestors came from one of Trump's "####hole" countries with no running water, no indoor toilets, rampant poverty and famine. Ireland. That was back when Trump's family name was still Drumf and they lived in a "####hole" country.

http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/q1-2017-ratings-msnbc-has-best-quarter-ever/324683

Q1 2017 Ratings: MSNBC Has Best Quarter Ever

It was a record-setting quarter for MSNBC, one which included the network’s largest total quarterly audience ever in many key dayparts, including its weekday prime time and total day. In addition, MSNBC earned a quarterly victory over CNN in total prime time viewers.

MSNBC is now the fastest growing cable news network, up +61 percent in prime time viewers and up +49 percent in the prime time demo versus the same quarter in 2016.
fixed

Lawrence O'Donnell @Lawrence 28m28 minutes ago

To every news anchor and commentator who discovered yesterday that Trump is a racist, please explain why you didn’t say that 6 years ago when he was lying about the Obama birth certificate.

I called him a racist pathological liar then. You kept booking him for more interviews.

To every news anchor and commentator who discovered yesterday that Trump is a racist, please explain why you didn’t say that 6 years ago when he was lying about the Obama birth certificate.

I called him a racist pathological liar then. You kept booking him for more interviews.
Boom. Hit 'em hard, Larry. 

Boom. Hit 'em hard, Larry. 
Andrea Cabral‏ @criticalthawt 27m27 minutes ago

It's important to recognize and appreciate that @Lawrence and #TheLastWord has been unwavering in calling out Trump's racism & lies from the day he announced his candidacy. He was a lone voice in the wilderness for a long time, but he never, ever backed down. It matters.

Lawrence O'Donnell‏ @Lawrence 7m7 minutes ago

Trump tried for years to get me fired for calling him a racist pathological liar about the Obama birth certificate. I was willing to lose a job over it. That’s what it takes. No one at any other network was willing to do that.

squistion said:

Natalie Finn‏ @natfinnonE 22h22 hours ago

Every single person who voted for him did one of two things: applauded Trump's craven stab at questioning Obama's qualifications for office, which ultimately only served to rally the absolute WORST of this country. Or "overlooked" it, which is similarly terrible.

https://twitter.com/natfinnonE/status/951881082001022976

MSNBC has some nerve, they used to cross promote The Apprentice for NBC having Trump on to do interviews and give political opinions.

MSNBC has some nerve, they used to cross promote The Apprentice for NBC having Trump on to do interviews and give political opinions.
Pretty sure O'Donnell's tweet recognizes that.  He didn't exclude the rest of MSNBC from the criticism (and this was a tweet from O'Donnell, not "MSNBC").  

I'm sure just about on-air talent ant MSNBC you asked would acknowledge that when the media is controlled by large consolidated conglomerates, that corporate bias is the most pervasive bias in the media.  Liberals have been pointing that out in the face of the silly conservative "liberal bias" arguments for decades.  

Lawrence O'Donnell‏ @Lawrence 13m13 minutes ago

When the memo comes out ...

one cable news network will treat it like the Bible

one will have memo supporters yelling at memo critics

one will have Rachel @maddow telling you the truth

Lawrence O'Donnell‏ @Lawrence 13m13 minutes ago

When the memo comes out ...

one cable news network will treat it like the Bible

one will have memo supporters yelling at memo critics

one will have Rachel @maddow telling you the truth
Rachel Maddow telling the truth? She's as partisan as Sean Hannity. On her show, you're going to get eye rolls, strange camera angles, liberal hysteria, and bat #### craziness.

Rachel Maddow telling the truth? She's as partisan as Sean Hannity. On her show, you're going to get eye rolls, strange camera angles, liberal hysteria, and bat #### craziness.
Sean Hannity sucks. Is that what you are trying to articulate?

Starting around Jan. 2016 I started watching this crap gradually until it was on all day. I work from home so we're talking 8-10 hours with it on in the background while I went about my day. Then I'd catch the nighttime shows too, starting around the summer last year. So just around the clock, pounding into your head what a piece of #### our president is, how much damage is being done, the danger we're in, etc. All of which I believe is true, but it's pretty damn depressing to feel like you have to know each new terrible thing he says or does. Then coming in here to regurgitate it. It most definitely affected my mood and overall well-being.

We went to Mexico for 11 days last month, didn't follow any news down there, and when I got back I deleted all the shows from our DVR -- Morning Joe, Maddow, Meet the Press, even Colbert. I don't even check Twitter anymore. Eventually I'll go back in there but I'll have to unfollow about 80 accounts probably. Also deleted all the political podcasts. 

So I'm back to being uninformed like I was for a lot of the Obama years which isn't ideal either, but it's had a profoundly positive impact on my state of mind. Highly recommended. :thumbup:  

:yes:

http://dailycaller.com/2018/02/15/msnbc-mika-go-home/

MSNBC’s Brzezinski Tells Guests Who Don’t Want To Talk About Gun Control To ‘Go Back Home’

MSNBC “Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski said Thursday that guests who didn’t want to talk about gun control in the wake of a mass shooting at a high school in Florida should “go back home.”

WATCH: (video at link)

“I’m looking at our esteemed list of guests today,” she said.

“And, I don’t mean to unbook the show. But I’m just going to warn anybody and everybody, that if anybody comes on this show and says now is not the time to talk about this and try and look forward to something constructive, then why don’t you just get in your car and go back home.”

I enjoy watching Jill Wine-Banks. She's knowledgeable, insightful, and brings historical reference when drawing comparions between Watergate and the present day.

I sometimes think about the movie Harold & Maude when she is on, but I don't allow that thought to drift too far. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread