What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's going on at Berkeley? (1 Viewer)

I'm visiting with my daughter on Memorial Day Weekend. One of the best universities in the entire nation; I would be extremely proud if she went there (but it's very tough to get in). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anarchists vs. fascists.
Communists and anarchists vs fascists and racists is likely a more accurate description but yah.

Basically the radicalized far left and the radicalized far right getting into an ongoing slapfight while the rest of the nation facepalms and continues being productive members of society., 

Communists and anarchists vs fascists and racists is likely a more accurate description but yah.

Basically the radicalized far left and the radicalized far right getting into an ongoing slapfight while the rest of the nation facepalms and continues being productive members of society., 
The radicalized far-left seems way less worrisome than the radicalized far-right.

My favorite video is the smug little college kid with a bandana over his face telling the old Air Force veteran that the veteran is  anti American

At first, I thought...oh, Berkeley, of course. But the images are very disturbing, I'll admit, on both sides. I think we ought play it cool.  

Without watching any video, I would put my ? on the retired vets and the far right extremist. Of course there must be a whole lot more the extreme left in Berkeley. 

The radicalized far-left seems way less worrisome than the radicalized far-right.
Interesting school of thought considering the left are the ones initiating these attacks (Antifa has initiate all 3 riots in Berkeley), throwing explosives, pepper spray, rocks, smoke bombs....  etc. 

I have no dog in this fight... both sides are #######s. The difference is one side is for the most part holding peaceful rallies about ####### things. The other side is holding rallies about ####### things, AND initiating riots against anyone who believes differently than them. 

My favorite video is the smug little college kid with a bandana over his face telling the old Air Force veteran that the veteran is  anti American
:goodposting:

#### like that makes me think we need another massive war to give current generations (mine included) some perspective. 

Im sure Antifa will peacefully stand outside and hold signs expressing their views in a respectful manner. 

Or they'll burn the building down once it's full of people. 

Does Berkley not have any police? Where were they? You would think they would be lined up with shields after what happened a few months ago. 

The real party hasn't started until they start serving up Molotov Cocktails.  Maybe they will burn the entire campus to the ground eventually.  

my favorite part is how almost none of these people live in Berkeley, go to school at Berkeley, or even live in the bay area.

why can't people just tow the company line and stop all this protesting. it's so unseemly. if people would just know their place in society we could have nice things again. picket fences, hot dinner on the table at 5, mistresses at every sales stop, coloreds holding doors for good Christian men & women.

if you're going to disagree, do it quietly, at home where no one is going to be bothered. it just makes us all look bad when these animals are out making a mess of the place for the whole world to see. how must the Japanese feel about us? i mean, my gosh, they always look so prim and proper and nothing bad ever happens there.

why can't people just tow the company line and stop all this protesting. it's so unseemly. if people would just know their place in society we could have nice things again. picket fences, hot dinner on the table at 5, mistresses at every sales stop, coloreds holding doors for good Christian men & women.

if you're going to disagree, do it quietly, at home where no one is going to be bothered. it just makes us all look bad when these animals are out making a mess of the place for the whole world to see. how must the Japanese feel about us? i mean, my gosh, they always look so prim and proper and nothing bad ever happens there.
Yes, by gosh, you've taken the most liberal democratic society ever and just denigrated it. What a function you serve. 

From the article. One of these doesn't seem to fit: After all, many of the groups that fought one another with fists, M-80s, pepper spray, sticks, and bagels.  
I've been told a few times they have the best bagels in California there. So obviously both the   alt-Right boys and the Antifa dudes had breakfast beforehand, probably side by side, no doubt took some to go, and...well, things happen. 

I've been told a few times they have the best bagels in California there. So obviously both the   alt-Right boys and the Antifa dudes had breakfast beforehand, probably side by side, no doubt took some to go, and...well, things happen. 
:lmao:  Just funny, man.   

Users who are viewing this thread