What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My league vetoed my trade ... what's your opinion ... curious (1 Viewer)

JenB

Footballguy
Joined a public redraft 1/2 PPR league. $100 but in. Suffered early season ending injuries that put me in a hole. Currently 7/10 and now is do or die if I have any chance of making the playoffs. Recently offered the following trade which was accepted but league vetoed. Im pissed that this was vetoed with no good explanation. I was aware that this CRAZY trade offer was either going to make me or break me and I was willing to take the chance. I was offering Ekeler and C Watson for Henry and Aiyuk. I know it sounds crazy but hear me out ... I'm concerned about Eckler's ankle and I'm betting on it being an issue ROS. I know Henry hasn't had a good season but I am banking on him getting traded to a contender and he have a good second half. If he stays put I am hoping his playoff friendly schedule will help me. As for Watson, he's a great wide receiver but is injury prone and he's on a young team. Aiyuk is his teams WR1 and has a great playoff schedule. What is wrong with this trade. Offer was sent to the 8/10 team.

Joined a public redraft 1/2 PPR league. $100 but in. Suffered early season ending injuries that put me in a hole. Currently 7/10 and now is do or die if I have any chance of making the playoffs. Recently offered the following trade which was accepted but league vetoed. Im pissed that this was vetoed with no good explanation. I was aware that this CRAZY trade offer was either going to make me or break me and I was willing to take the chance. I was offering Ekeler and C Watson for Henry and Aiyuk. I know it sounds crazy but hear me out ... I'm concerned about Eckler's ankle and I'm betting on it being an issue ROS. I know Henry hasn't had a good season but I am banking on him getting traded to a contender and he have a good second half. If he stays put I am hoping his playoff friendly schedule will help me. As for Watson, he's a great wide receiver but is injury prone and he's on a young team. Aiyuk is his teams WR1 and has a great playoff schedule. What is wrong with this trade. Offer was sent to the 8/10 team.
First you said you suffered season-ending injuries, and now you're complaining about having a trade vetoed. I'm confused. Is your season over or not?

First you said you suffered season-ending injuries, and now you're complaining about having a trade vetoed. I'm confused. Is your season over or not?
I lost good players at the start of the season (dobbins, etc ) and lost first three games. Need to win out and have been trying to rebuild. Using ekeler to get players I need. Why doesn't that make sense.

I lost good players at the start of the season (dobbins, etc ) and lost first three games. Need to win out and have been trying to rebuild. Using ekeler to get players I need. Why doesn't that make sense.
The trade is close enough to not be vetoed. The problem is your league sucks.

I would much rather have the Henry/Aiyuk side. I have no idea why this was vetoed. Bad league and why public leagues are a gamble. No way I get into a league for $100 if I don't know the people

Sorry, I thought you personally had been injured. Glad to hear you're okay, GB!

That's a fair deal and I also prefer the Henry/Aiyuk side. Henry hasn't been bad this year, more of a RB2 than his usual top 5 self but same for Ekeler.

You were getting the two better players in the trade based on production this year. And Watson is basically a throw in, not startable.

Ridiculous veto.

Not a trade that should be vetoed. This is a ten-team league, right?

I'm not sure I get the issue. I prefer the Henry/Aiyuk side by a good deal, but you can make an argument for the side you're offering.

Also, I'd stop talking about how much stronger I thought Aiyuk and Henry were than the other side. That line of thinking is going to bolster arguments in evidence for a veto, so I'd stop doing that.

This trade should have never been questioned.

unfortunately there is nothing i can do to help personally but some guys i knew served as a crack commando unit in nam and in 1972 they were sent to prison by a military court for crimes they didnt commit i dont know where you are located but they promptly escaped to the las angeles underground and today they are still wanted by the government and survive as soliders of fortune if you have a problem and if no one else can help and if you can find them maybe you can hire my buddies pm @shuke for more information take that to the bank brochacho

If this trade happened in my league I'd barely bat an eye at it before pushing it through. Your leaguemates are dooshes and you should learn the lesson after this, don't play in $ leagues with total strangers.

That is unreal!!!! Wow!!!! I’d be livid!!! OMG!!! Time to start burning cars and causing a ruckus!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread