What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (11 Viewers)

I love how you word those to push people to the option you want them to pick.

I hope you aren't currently working for any pollsters.
Forget the poll, how do you feel about the second choice?:

The commander-in-chief telling the pregnant widow of a soldier "He knew what he signed up for"

:popcorn:

Forget the poll, how do you feel about the second choice?:

The commander-in-chief telling the pregnant widow of a soldier "He knew what he signed up for"

:popcorn:
If that is what he said, then it is a bit callous.  But, technically, he's correct.

Anyone who joins the service knows what they are signing up for.  Didn't you know when you joined?

Last edited by a moderator:
At 2-6? That is some interesting math you do there. Strange how great a QB that was 2-6 and then 1-10 with an interim benching in favor of blaine gabbert (who coincidentally went 3-5 and 1-4) has become. It is kind of amazing how he just keeps getting better and better the longer he is out of football. 

I cant wait to see the Jeff George collusion case and to see how good that guy becomes.   
It really is amazing isn’t it. This guy makes Jeff George look like Peyton Manning. 

VandyMan said:
The Titans worked out Weeden, Matt Barkley, Matt McGloin and T.J. Yates. Whichever one they picked, all are clearly worse than Kaepernick. There's a reason they didn't call Kaep, and it's not a football reason.
Even if so, that is not evidence of collusion.,

(BTW, I believe I've said this before multiple times, the whole package of Kaep is just not good enough to counter the potential negative backlash from his signing, more so now that the president has ramped up tensions) 

Ramblin Wreck said:
Right, let's sign the giant distraction for 1-2 weeks, have the media circus that will follow him all over the facility and then cut him when Mariota is healthy a few days later.  I could see how any owner, GM, and coach would want that around their team.
I can't believe I agree with you on something you wrote in this forum.

:scared:

This is me trying to spot the four horsemen...

A little lazy probably because it was not from Breitbart or Fox News to qualify as information for you.
I don't read Breitbart and we don't even get Fox over here.  Last election cycle I voted Bernie in the primary and Stein in the general.  

Don't be lazy.  An opinion piece from a left leaning publication does nothing for your argument.

KCitons said:
It's an opinion. There is nothing I can do to make anyone stand during the National Anthem. Why is it so difficult for people to understand the negative emotion that someone sitting or kneeling stirs? The fact that there are so many people on both sides of the argument proves that I'm not alone.

As I already stated, does my avatar disrespect anyone? I would think that most would see it as a sign of respect. And you accuse me of comparing apples and oranges. 
So you admit it is an emotional argument.

MaxThreshold said:
Not sure if this was posted already but McCarthy shot that #### down quick about Kaepernick and made the reporter look like a complete jack-### in the process:

https://twitter.com/johnbreech/status/920045383962767367

This is great news for Packer nation at this point.  Not going to get involved in that stupid, virtue signallling dog and pony show.
It is borederline criminal that arguably the best QB of all time was saddled with McCarthy as a HC/playcaller.  Notsaying he is right or wrong on Kap fitting his ####ty system.  Just wanted to get that out there.

KCitons said:
If I was a resident of Puerto Rico and I chose not to pay my Federal taxes, would there be consequences? The government failed me during the last hurricane. And it probably led to loss of life. I would expect it to be a polarizing issue. Some saying that it's taxation without representation, others saying it's the law to pay taxes. 
:lmao:

It is borederline criminal that arguably the best QB of all time was saddled with McCarthy as a HC/playcaller.  Notsaying he is right or wrong on Kap fitting his ####ty system.  Just wanted to get that out there.
How so? Just curious about your opinion.  

eta* I've still never watched a better QB.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Henry Ford said:
Many states make deals with the NFL, not just local governments. 

For instance, the Super Dome is a tax free facility by Louisiana law.  Nothing sold on site is subject to taxation. 
The sale of luxury boxes is also subsidized at the Federal and State levels.

Koya said:
I don't know the legal specifics, but seems to me that while we all "know" he's been all but blackballed, it's going to be hard to prove willful, league wide collision on this.
He doesn't have to prove it was league wide from what I have gathered.  Collusion only needs to occur between two or more entities.

Yeah I’m sure a lot of cops get a real kick out of those just like your “friends”. But hey who cares they just risk their life daily for terrible pay, I’m sure they really respect your right to protest alongside CK. 

Referring to the armed forces “propaganda machine” , maybe show a little respect. 
Terrible pay?  Seriously?  

GoBirds said:
It really is amazing isn’t it. This guy makes Jeff George look like Peyton Manning. 
He had a 90.7 rating and was literally a middel of the road starter (17/32).  How many times did George accomplish either of those?

The stats seem to show he was doing his part.  45 other guys suiting up out there.  The talent around him was crap.
Apparently all this talent you see doesn’t outweigh the monumental distraction he was. For his cute little team inspiration award you can’t talk about enough his team sure didn’t play inspired on the way to worst record in the league? :lmao:

GoBirds:  He sucks!

RandomFBG: Well his numbers say otherwise.

GoBirds:  So what!  He's divisive!

RandomFBG:  Well his coaches teammates and other players in the league disagree!

GoBirds:  So what.  He Sucks!

It's like arguing with a two-year-old.
The guy is divisive and was QB for the worst team in the league, the story hasn’t changed no matter what stats you cherry pick. Stop embarrassing yourself. 

He had a 90.7 rating and was literally a middel of the road starter (17/32).  How many times did George accomplish either of those?
QB rating is really a stupid metric to bring up when comparing past QBs to todays game. Night and day. Look up the ratings of hall of famers. Then look at the last few seasons leaders. 

John elway has a career rating of 79.9. That would be good for 26th in the league this year. 

parasaurolophus said:
Dickies said:
Which is more disrespectful to the military?

A:  Kneeling for the national anthem to protest police brutality

B:  The commander-in-chief telling the pregnant widow of a soldier "He knew what he signed up for"
B. 

What do i win?
c disrespecting war heroes who actually served in vietnam and survived prison of war camps d disrespecting medal of honor families e trying his best to provoke a war with north korea or f maybe just the fact that a draft dodging fake injury pos who is happy to send others kids to die when he himself faked his way out is cic but hey i am sure there are a lot more options out there brohans take that to the bank 

QB rating is really a stupid metric to bring up when comparing past QBs to todays game. Night and day. Look up the ratings of hall of famers. Then look at the last few seasons leaders. 

John elway has a career rating of 79.9. That would be good for 26th in the league this year. 
Kap's was good for 17th.  Just like I posted.

:lmao:

32 GMs would prove you’re the two year old here
This is what the real debate is about.  Do those GMs truly believe he sucks and isn't worth it or is there more to it?  There are conflicting reports and with Kaepernick's lawsuit it's possible they may find some collusion between some teams.  It only takes two teams to have evidence that discussed not signing him for reasons other than he just didn't fit their team.

John Fugelsang‏ @JohnFugelsang 42m42 minutes ago

Maybe Colin Kaepernick should call families of fallen soldiers instead of DT,

as CK's never actually insulted any troops. #SgtLaDavidJohnson

Users who are viewing this thread