What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Colin Kaepernick Thread and related anthem kneeling issues/news (7 Viewers)

I think the flag represents different things for everyone.  
It’s too bad these new patriots are going to find out they can’t get a pair of sneakers with their favorite flag on it because someone who thinks that threw a temper tantrum. It’s embarrassing. 

It’s too bad these new patriots are going to find out they can’t get a pair of sneakers with their favorite flag on it because someone who thinks that threw a temper tantrum. It’s embarrassing. 
Sure they can...all sorts of shows with the actual flag or representation on it.  Just not the “betsy ross” flag (a picture with that flag somewhere doesn't make it their favorite).

Yes, indeed,  the favorite flag of Ahmed and Fode Bade is the one attributed to Betsy Ross. What scholars they are of the history of this country!

Yes, indeed,  the favorite flag of Ahmed and Fode Bade is the one attributed to Betsy Ross. What scholars they are of the history of this country!
They were nationalized at the home of Betsy Ross. They were asked what that flag meant to them. Did you look at the photo?  Are you making fun of their intelligence?  

Another horrible post. Suspension worthy, borderline racist. Holy cow man. 

They were nationalized at the home of Betsy Ross. They were asked what that flag meant to them. Did you look at the photo?  Are you making fun of their intelligence?  

No, I don't look at article links by themselves. Got burned numerous time from HT links that turned out to be just joke photos, inane YouTube clips or links to quotes from Sebastian Gorka or Ann Coulter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Few things...asked about the flag likely in context meant the American flag, I suspect you know this.

And nothing in squis’s post violates any terms of service that would equate to a suspension.  Seriously, what in the world about that post is suspension worthy or even racist?

It's pointless trying to have a conversation with squistion or sho. They are NEVER wrong in their own eyes. Not to mention they both post nonstop 24/7 in every thread. It's crazy, I check in periodically & its neverending. I think they just want to try to beat down every single opposing viewpoint that bothers them. It's quite funny actually. 

It's pointless trying to have a conversation with squistion or sho. They are NEVER wrong in their own eyes. Not to mention they both post nonstop 24/7 in every thread. It's crazy, I check in periodically & its neverending. I think they just want to try to beat down every single opposing viewpoint that bothers them. It's quite funny actually. 
Yes make it personal again.  

Few things...asked about the flag likely in context meant the American flag, I suspect you know this.

And nothing in squis’s post violates any terms of service that would equate to a suspension.  Seriously, what in the world about that post is suspension worthy or even racist?
If you looked at the photo you wouldn't need to guess what flag they were talking about. HTH

No, I don't look at article links by themselves. Got burned numerous time from HT links that turned out to be just joke photos, inane YouTube clips or links to quotes from Sebastian Gorka or Ann Coulter.
I'd suggest you get your mod friend to delete a few more of your posts, again. You come across as if you are calling immigrants dumb. 

If you looked at the photo you wouldn't need to guess what flag they were talking about. HTH
I looked at the photo.  They are speaking of the US and the flag, not necessarily that flag...that based in them becoming citizens and the context if the entire thing. It’s ridiculous but that seems to be where we are in order to argue this.  Have fun.

sho nuff said:
I looked at the photo.  They are speaking of the US and the flag, not necessarily that flag...that based in them becoming citizens and the context if the entire thing. It’s ridiculous but that seems to be where we are in order to argue this.  Have fun.
You're delusional. 

I really don't care about the controversy of the flag, but this seems like an odd strategy. Arizona is removing financial incentives for Nike to manufacture in Arizona.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/07/02/arizona-governor-withdraws-nike-financial-incentives-over-kaepernick-controversy/
But Ducey has now suggested a change of heart after Nike said Thursday in a news release that its Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation facility would generate more than 500 full-time jobs and result in an investment of at least $184 million in Goodyear. Hiring "will begin immediately," the company added.

"This is good news for Arizona and for @GoodyearAZGov," Ducey tweeted in response. "500 plus jobs. Over $184 million in capital investment. Arizona is open for business, and we welcome @Nike to our state."

The Arizona Commerce Authority, a public-private economic development agency, also touted the deal.

Ahh. More personal BS because someone disagrees both you.  Complain about name calling with others...call for people to get banned...then respond this way.  Classy.
Jesus. It's always you six. You got me suspended once for this. I actually had The FBG Moderator tell me "for the [nth] time you derailed a thread with a back-and-forth with sho nuff..." which I thought couldn't have been because I HADN'T POSTED IN THE PSF FOR LIKE A MONTH, GUY!, and if I did, I certainly don't remember back-and-froths with sho.

But seriously, you guys. In every thread here. Why?

Jesus. It's always you six. You got me suspended once for this. I actually had The FBG Moderator tell me "for the [nth] time you derailed a thread with a back-and-forth with sho nuff..." which I thought couldn't have been because I HADN'T POSTED IN THE PSF FOR LIKE A MONTH, GUY!, and if I did, I certainly don't remember back-and-froths with sho.

But seriously, you guys. In every thread here. Why?
You realize you are bashing me for getting called delusional?  

The rest?  No meed to derail another thread so you can blame me for getting suspended.  I posted about the topic, about the posts and picture linked...

You realize you are bashing me for getting called delusional?  

The rest?  No meed to derail another thread so you can blame me for getting suspended.  I posted about the topic, about the posts and picture linked...
Yeah, I think the insults should probably stop.

As far as the rest? Consider the complaint lodged. It's over, hopefully. 

sho nuff said:
They probably also know more and understand more about the constitution.  And I mean this about a great many Amerocans who probably couldn't pass the citizen ship test...to clarify, not a shot at anyone here.
Our own president probably couldn't pass it. Also I love how the US completely ignores the flag code of selling the flag or printing it or disforming the flag for clothing for merchandise. All these clowns upset with players kneeling saying this disrespect the flag all while in their American Flag pattterned apparel. Pot Meet Kettle Much? 

There is a video out there of Megan Repone supposedly dissing a fan. It is so short with no context.

but I don't dare post it, sure looks like a wardrobe malfunction

But Ducey has now suggested a change of heart after Nike said Thursday in a news release that its Nike Air Manufacturing Innovation facility would generate more than 500 full-time jobs and result in an investment of at least $184 million in Goodyear. Hiring "will begin immediately," the company added.

"This is good news for Arizona and for @GoodyearAZGov," Ducey tweeted in response. "500 plus jobs. Over $184 million in capital investment. Arizona is open for business, and we welcome @Nike to our state."

The Arizona Commerce Authority, a public-private economic development agency, also touted the deal.
$$$$$ Talks as always.

Russian bots made people hate Kap!  Just unbelievable.  :lmao:

Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) said the controversy surrounding the national anthem protests of former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick was "not a thing" until Russian trolls started fanning the flames on social media.

During a Friday interview with the radio show "The Breakfast Club," Harris discussed Russian interference in the 2016 election, and said the easiest way for Russian online trolls to sow discord in American politics is to stoke racial animosity.

"They test out a couple of things to see what can get the American public going at each other, pointing fingers at each other," Harris said. "Guess what gains the most heat? Race."
https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Kamala-Harris-Kaepernick-backlash-Russian-bots-14093564.php

• Smile
Reactions: rct
I challenge you to see how many other athletes and celebrities have done the same exact thing.  I bet trump has even done it before.  I think it happens all the time because they sign so many are are surrounded by distractions.  Enjoy your outrage though.
I'm not talking about others, I'm talking about her. All of you worshipers think she is so great, but keep deflecting because OTHERS do it.

I'm not talking about others, I'm talking about her. All of you worshipers think she is so great, but keep deflecting because OTHERS do it.
What are you talking about?  I just think she's an awesome soccer player.  I also think people like yourself are overreacting about the whole Rapinoe/flag story.  How am I worshipping anyone?

I'm sorry for my deflecting but if you're going to make a big deal out of how she signed an autograph then I expect you to make a big deal out of everyone else that does it, otherwise I consider you a hypocrite.

What are you talking about?  I just think she's an awesome soccer player.  I also think people like yourself are overreacting about the whole Rapinoe/flag story.  How am I worshipping anyone?

I'm sorry for my deflecting but if you're going to make a big deal out of how she signed an autograph then I expect you to make a big deal out of everyone else that does it, otherwise I consider you a hypocrite.
She is the one putting herself out there as some supremely better person than everyone else.  But keep with the others do it argument. LOL

She is the one putting herself out there as some supremely better person than everyone else.  But keep with the others do it argument. LOL
I actually don't really like how she carries herself all of the time but I respect her.  I prefer to see people be humble but I respect her for being a strong woman and standing up for what she believes in.   It just doesn't bother me like it bothers you.

I actually don't really like how she carries herself all of the time but I respect her.  I prefer to see people be humble but I respect her for being a strong woman and standing up for what she believes in.   It just doesn't bother me like it bothers you.
Who is the butch in their relationship?

I challenge you to see how many other athletes and celebrities have done the same exact thing.  I bet trump has even done it before.  I think it happens all the time because they sign so many are are surrounded by distractions.  Enjoy your outrage though.
This is a great point. Probably means she actually signs a lot of them. 

Add the Gadsden Flag and the “Don’t tread on me” motto to the Betsy Ross flag as Revolutionary War era symbols that supposedly should be removed from society due to some white nationalists embracing those symbols.

Slow Newsweek

Add the Gadsden Flag and the “Don’t tread on me” motto to the Betsy Ross flag as Revolutionary War era symbols that supposedly should be removed from society due to some white nationalists embracing those symbols.

Slow Newsweek
Must be slow since they couldn't get Pine vs Pratt correct in their article and it was news that a few people on Twitter didn’t like something.

Users who are viewing this thread