What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Laptop died, please recommend a desktop. (1 Viewer)

STEADYMOBBIN 22

Footballguy
Laptop died and I'm in need of a desktop.

Can one of you geniuses help me  and recommend a refurbished or new desktop?    

I'd like it to be  upgradable in the future but   I'll take what I can get. 

If you're going to suggest building one, I'm confident enough to assemble all the parts and install an OS but that's about as far as I can go.  I have been out of the computer building and programming game for 10+ years.

I want to use this to surf the web, do my taxes and play old computer games like Ultima Online. 

I have a mouse, keyboard and an extra HDTV I plan to use as my monitor. 

* ok I want to play some cool steam games like banished. 

I am certainly not too lazy to figure it all out I just know that some of you are always looking for cheap computers and parts and you may have recently seen something that fits my need on sale.

Any ideas on places to look? Newegg? Is frys still a thing? 

Feeling a little bit like a leper here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on what you are wanting to play you don't need much. But, if you decide to move into newer games, then you will hit a wall pretty quick. I don't do much gaming, but my son just dropped $1100 on a gaming system. It was based on games he wanted to play today and had some future proof built in. 

Newegg, Frye's, Amazon, Tiger Direct, they are all possible outlets if you are building it yourself. It's more important to make sure the parts have good reviews. If you're looking to buy a complete system then a refurbed Dell may be the way to go. You can always upgrade memory and hard drive if you need to.

Based on what you are wanting to play you don't need much. But, if you decide to move into newer games, then you will hit a wall pretty quick. I don't do much gaming, but my son just dropped $1100 on a gaming system. It was based on games he wanted to play today and had some future proof built in. 

Newegg, Frye's, Amazon, Tiger Direct, they are all possible outlets if you are building it yourself. It's more important to make sure the parts have good reviews. If you're looking to buy a complete system then a refurbed Dell may be the way to go. You can always upgrade memory and hard drive if you need to.
The newest game I want to play would be steam games , not AAA titles. 

Thanks, forgot about tiger direct 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you have special needs, I'd strongly suggest an all in one, with a touchscreen. Big screen, small footprint, with a hint of mobility thrown in. 

Unless you have special needs, I'd strongly suggest an all in one, with a touchscreen. Big screen, small footprint, with a hint of mobility thrown in. 
Huh? I don't need a monitor though. Why would I waste money on something that I don't need but I can just put that money towards the one part that I do need?

Users who are viewing this thread