What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.02 crazy pick idea (1 Viewer)

spmcdermott

Footballguy
1.01 of course took Corey Davis which I knew he would, leaving me with the bevy of RBs available. I want to try to trade back but the same owner has 1.04 and 1.05 and he wanted Davis so now he's sticking where he is. I'm not high on Fournette and really want to take Mixon but can seem to convince myself to do it. I think Mixon is the best RB in this class. 

Should I look to trade with 1.03 or take Mixon? Doesn't make sense if I was 1.03 to move up 1 spot unless I desperately wanted a guy and didn't want 1.02 to snipe him. 

You won't know unless you talk to the guy at 3.......if he's in love with Fournette, work out a deal.  Ask for a late 1st if he has it, or ask for a 2018 1st and see if he bites.

If you can't work out a trade, then take Mixon.....IMO he's higher risk than Fournette but he could have more upside.  If you really think he's better than Fournette, take him.

I don't see the higher risk. He's on a better team and he's going to be behind Hill for maybe half the season and then take the job over. Hill will be gone season after and Gio is coming off a torn ACL. 

Jacksonville is awful. 

I don't see the higher risk. He's on a better team and he's going to be behind Hill for maybe half the season and then take the job over. Hill will be gone season after and Gio is coming off a torn ACL. 

Jacksonville is awful. 
No guarantee Mixon is the lead back this year.  Hill and Bernard are not going to go quietly.

Fournette is going to be a 20 touch back for JAX.

That said, I don't think it's a stretch to rank Mixon ahead of Fournette, but you will be in the minority.

Mixon is a much bigger risk. He's got major off field issues. 90% of the NFL basically didn't want him at all. Fournette has zero off field issues, and I'm not sure his situation is worse at all. Bernard/Hill are bigger problems than Yeldon/Ivory, and the o-lines are of similar caliber, if anything the Jags may be better. 

I have a hard time seeing Mixon as an option this high, too much risk, for not enough payoff. If you really don't like Fournette, then go McCaffery, or trade down 2-3 spots and maybe get Mixon anyway. Personally, I think I'd rather even have Cook than Mixon. 

At this point you need to trust your gut.  Take in information but if you really believe Mixon to be the best option then you need to take him.   I wouldn't take him but I don't think he is the best RB out there.  If you do, then you need to take him otherwise you will be kicking yourself if Mixon does what you think he will. 

If you can work out a trade to move down and still get Mixon you should do it no matter what the trade is because you want Mixon over anybody else.  So getting any additional assets is a bonus in your situation. 

Users who are viewing this thread