What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trade calculators -- One which is best? (1 Viewer)

Jim Carr

Footballguy
I've been messing around with three different dynasty trade calculators that I found online:

http://www.dynastyfftools.com/tools/calculator

http://dynastyfootballfocus.com/trade-calculator/

http://www.dynastytradecalculator.com/calculator.html

The obvious problem is that I am getting wildly different results from each one. For instance, I have the 1.03 rookie pick in a 16-team, IDP dynasty and I am exploring what I could get in return.

One is telling me that I need to ask for three different top 20 picks and two solid WR to make it roughly even. But if I punch the same trade into the other two, it is wildly lopsided in my favor.

Or ... if I punch in 1.03, one tells me that 1.07, 2.04 and 2.06 makes it perfectly even. But another puts that same trade more than 2-to-1 in my favor, and the third tells me 1.07+2.06 is close to even.  :loco:

I don't want to send out trade offers that are insulting, but I also don't want to short-change myself.

Anyone have any experience/input on which one is the best?

Two of the three state that they do their calculations on a 12 team format and don't have IDP.  So that will skew some of the numbers with your 16 team league, as you can only list the rookie picks for 12 per round.  With this, you have to calculate that pick 1.16 is actually pick 2.4 (the 16th pick in the calculation software).  I would use the results as a start point to get an idea only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade calculators are just additional pieces of information.  They don't know your league owners or their tendencies.  They don't know that your league values RB's as the end all be all.  They don't know that Bob the Steeler fan owner will pay anything to get JuJu because that gives him all the Steeler WR's.  Bottom line is that knowing who you are trading with and what their tendencies are will be a bigger benefit than anything a trade calculator can give you.   

Everyone values draft picks differently.  Check your leagues trades from the past and see which calculator is similar to it's evaluations to your actual trades in your league and that is probably the one that fits best into your league dynamic.  Then use that as a piece to the trade puzzle.  That's about as good as you can do.

Two of the three state that they do their calculations on a 12 team format and don't have IDP.  So that will skew some of the numbers with your 16 team league, as you can only list the rookie picks for 12 per round.  With this, you have to calculate that pick 1.16 is actually pick 2.4 (the 16th pick in the calculation software).  I would use the results as a start point to get an idea only.
Thanks. I actually did take the pick issue into account ... for instance, a 2.01 in our league would be a 2.05 (pick 17) in the calculator. But even with that I was getting different results on which trade(s) would be good, bad or balanced. Adding players into the mix just skewed the results even more.

Also, none of the three actually had IDP, so I just focused on offensive players.

But I appreciate the response. Thanks!

Dynasty FF Tools calculator is complete trash.

Current mind-blowingly stupid values:

McKinnon - 428

Dion Lewis - 450

Davante Adams - 4950

Dez Bryant - 5079

Willie Snead - 784

Breshad Perriman - 600

According to this it would be a pretty fair trade to trade WIllie Snead for McKinnon and Dion Lewis.  Give me a freaking break.  Dez Bryant is worth more than Adams?  Laughable!

WHere are they getting whatever ADP they use to calculate this?  

Worst... Calculator... Ever.

Trade calculators are just additional pieces of information.  They don't know your league owners or their tendencies.  They don't know that your league values RB's as the end all be all.  They don't know that Bob the Steeler fan owner will pay anything to get JuJu because that gives him all the Steeler WR's.  Bottom line is that knowing who you are trading with and what their tendencies are will be a bigger benefit than anything a trade calculator can give you.   

Everyone values draft picks differently.  Check your leagues trades from the past and see which calculator is similar to it's evaluations to your actual trades in your league and that is probably the one that fits best into your league dynamic.  Then use that as a piece to the trade puzzle.  That's about as good as you can do.

THIS. 

Dont touch Dynasty FF Tools. Like kittenmittens explained, some insane comps. 

Users who are viewing this thread