What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First post - megatrade advice please! McBride vs Laporta, and Chase vs London & Olave (1 Viewer)

DJSantero

Footballguy
Hi all - just wanted a bit of input on a possible trade I've got going down

I have a pretty strong team in a 12 team single QB PPR league

Kyler, Fields, Goff
Breece, Ekeler, Chubb, Charb, Singletary
Jefferson, Ceedee, Olave, London, Hollywood
Laporta, Ertz

So - the opportunity is there to trade for Ja'marr Chase. Current offer I've received is Chase & McBride for London, Olave, LaPorta and 2.08. I'm trying to haggle the edges down a bit - either take the tight end swap out or remove/lower the pick

Was curious to know how people feel about McBride vs LaPorta (a few people I respect have them in the same tier, and Ben Gretch appears to even have McBride as his TE1, which is surprising to me, but noteworthy). And what people think about trading two very talented 3rd year players who haven't broken out yet for a proven stud with a great QB in this deal. I don't see Olave or London as having the kind of upside Chase has, but I do think it is totally plausible that both become solid WR1s/high end WR2s

My instinct is - go get Chase, work the rest out even if giving up a fair bit of value. Its a start 3 WR league, so Ceedee, Jefferson, Chase would be pretty immense, especially in a single QB league. But I know there's a lot of different ways to approach dynasty - focus purely on value, target absolutely elite players, etc etc

What are your starting requirements? You are already stacked at WR and I would rather use your WR depth to upgrade at RB where you have real questions.

As far as LaPorta vs McBride it's really a toss up for me and I am a huge LaPorta guy. I traded for him in both my dynasty leagues mid season last year paying a premium but I thought it was worth it. McBride was phenomenal down the stretch with Kyler and I wouldn't expect that to change much. You really can't go wrong with either so it becomes a personal preference. If you want to divest a bit keep LaPorta. If you like the stack then lean McBride.

TBH, I'm not all that worried about getting in more big names at RB, I felt great last year going into the season with Chubb & Ekeler as my starting two, and that really didn't work out too great 😆

I like the idea of having a very clear starting 3 WRs, a couple of OK WRs to back them up, and then just load up on RBs who are an injury or two away from major relevance. Breece is obvs elite, then the other guys I mentioned all have a shot to be very startable early on.

I like the idea of having a very clear starting 3 WRs, a couple of OK WRs to back them up, and then just load up on RBs who are an injury or two away from major relevance. Breece is obvs elite, then the other guys I mentioned all have a shot to be very startable early on.
Understandable and it may work in your league. Many people are going with the throw a ton of RB's at the wall and hope a couple stick approach.

You can play 4 WR's and right now you have a great 4 starters with an upside gamble (Brown) as a back up. I think the trade as structured really hurts your overall starting lineup even with the improvement of Chase. I wouldn't make this move as I think it hurts your team overall.

As far as RB's go, Hall is great but after that you have a ton of questions:
  • Chubb - Will he get back to normal? When will he be ready to go? Will he ever be ready to go? I have no confidence he will be startable next year.
  • Ekeler - Is he done? He looked terrible last year. Where will he go an will that help him? There is a good chance he just isn't worth starting moving forward
  • Charbs - Might be a flex play with an upside of an RB2. Might not get enough touches to even roster. New coaches may give it all to Walker. No idea what he does
  • Singletary - I believe he is a FA. Where does he go? If he stays, Texans likely to bring in an RB1 and he becomes irrelevant. I have no trust in this situation at all.

If it's my team, I am trying to acquire an RB2 for my team because I don't believe I have a playable RB at this point. Things could change but It is a huge worry moving forward.

Even without the WR upgrade, you have issues at RB like Gally said. You are behind most at QB also. Murray is okay, Love Goff but he is a weaker #1. Fields is just okay. You are fine but losing to those with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Stroud, Hurts, Jackson

Arizona is probably adding stud WR. What will this do for McBride as he was only fighting decking Brown and learning Wilson last year. Does target hog change things. Detroit will remain the same. Williams will get more targets but how many. LaPorta > McBride. Just another team with depth issues unless you really feel your RB stick to the wall approach will work. 2..8 is probably RB in draft.

I personally have no issue with Olave, London, 2.8 to get Chase. Good deal. Don’t like TE part as don’t think McBride is as good as his stats last year due to circumstances. But it is depth that makes me hesitate because like Gally, no confidence in your RB crew.

Users who are viewing this thread