What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Let's Try This - MyFBG 2017 Ready To Test For Beta (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Ok Guys. 

We're ready for you guys to kick the tires for the 2017 MyFBG Beta version. 

A couple of things. 

#1. We've made a major change for 2017 in that we're purchasing a real help / support system from Zendesk like many companies use. It's a contained, organized and closed system so we can keep all the issues in one place where we can focus on solving the problem for you. In years past, we'd tried to do Customer Service through Twitter, Email, Facebook, and Forums and the result was poor service as we couldn't keep everything juggled. Like most companies, we're going to a real system where everything is contained in one place.

What this means here is that we are not going to use the FBG Forums for a public help desk. If you have something that's not working, please let us know through the ZenDesk Submit A Request Link below. 

#2. This is still Beta. I fully expect there will be some hiccups and things that aren't working properly yet. 

To try out the 2017 MyFBG Beta, you can use the link on the site. http://subscribers.footballguys.com/myfbg/my.php

IMPORTANT NOTE #1: If something isn't working for you or if you have a question, please let us know by using this "Submit a Request" form: https://sportsguys.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new   We will not use the forums here as the help system. 

IMPORTANT NOTE #2:  In the "Description" box, please let us know your Footballguys Username. And then also add as much information and detail in the Description box as you possibly can to let us know exactly what isn't working for you. And detail about things like 

League Provider (ESPN, Yahoo, MFL, NFL etc)

Roster Rules 

Scoring Rules

Anything unusual about your league that might be causing a problem

It's not required but in the "Attachments" box, if you'd like to attach a picture that helps illustrate the problem like a screen shot or something else, that's helpful too. 

Basically, the more detail describing your problem, the better. What we can't help with is a form that says nothing more than, "It's not working". 

And again, please use the Submit A Request form for communication there instead of this thread. 

Side note that may or may not matter to you. And maybe it's too much but I'll ask anyways. We want nothing more than for this to work perfectly. I told you last season we were going to do everything we possibly could to improve MyFBG for 2017. For the last nine months, we've done exactly that. If I'm honest, we're probably more emotionally invested in this than is healthy. If we have things that don't work (and there will be things that don't work in the beta) I'm asking that you help us help you. We know it's frustrating if something doesn't work. But if you can help us with this and try to keep a positive and constructive tone with it, that'll help everyone in the end. I know that's maybe not a "professional" thing for a "business" to ask but I'm asking anyway.

Thanks a ton for the help and feedback. 

J

Using a ticket system is the best decision I've seen here.  It was very frustrating last year to have emails and forum posts go unanswered.  You need to update the header at http://subscribers.footballguys.com/cloud/#fbgcloud/leagues to include this info, it still contains instructions to use the email addresses.
Absolutely - I'll get that sorted - thanks!

*edit: those email addresses do redirect into the ticketing system too from now

Last edited by a moderator:
One quick suggestion, then I promise I will use Zendesk - can you offer an option to make the default sort by PPG rather than by overall points?  Many people put a LOT more emphasis on average rather than total points.

And, in order to accomplish this, you're going to have to actually ADD the points per game stat.  Big oversight to not have it.

One quick suggestion, then I promise I will use Zendesk - can you offer an option to make the default sort by PPG rather than by overall points?  Many people put a LOT more emphasis on average rather than total points.
This is a really good first question to go into zendesk. We need to get more info from you but the forums aren't the place for it. Email in and let us know exactly what page you're seeing that on. Thanks!

Joe, you're effort to improve everything going into this season hasn't gone unnoticed. I was admittedly on the fence about reupping this year. But the attention that has been put into improving service has been great. Well done!

Three tickets entered so far

Please add Points per game to all Stats reports and give an option for that to be the default sort rather than Total Points.

MFL API should allow you to import their entire scoring system into MyFGB.  This saves users from having to enter their own, which is extremely time consuming with multiple leagues, and comes with the added benefit of being much more accurate.

Please hyperlink stat reports to the player's page, and show how that player's scoring in each league was generated.  Tyreek Hill's scoring seems very low in my league with return yardage but I cannot determine how the report came up with only 209.35 points - according to the MFL report he scored 242.41

Roster won't sync.  Clicked button to force refresh and nothing happens.  Tried on IE and Chrome.  rtsports league.

Roster won't sync.  Clicked button to force refresh and nothing happens.  Tried on IE and Chrome.  rtsports league.
Leagues were un-linked.  Leagues still exist and scoring is intact but you'll need to go to cloud page to re-load rosters first.  Once loaded synching will work.

Happy to help.  Submitted a ticket about a dynasty league with 2 copies of each player.  Projections showing many already owned players as free agents.

Submitted a ticket as well, None of the players I drafted or traded for last month in my dynasty league are showing highlighted yellow on the dynasty rankings page.  They all show blue (free agents)

Hey Guys. Thanks. We're past beta and it's officially live on the site now. We have an extensive help section set up on the site plus a much needed ticketing system so we can track and best answer questions. If you're having a question, please let us know by submitting a request through our system and our folks will do all they can to get things going. I'm going to close this thread so we can keep the help system contained in one place where it needs to be. Thanks. 

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread