What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would you date someone more intelligent than you? (1 Viewer)

Would you date someone with a PhD?

• Yes

Votes: 91 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters

bosoxs45

Footballguy
:popcorn:

I've been offered to go on a blind date with someone who is going for their PhD in biology. What do you recommend doing for a first date? 

Last edited by a moderator:
My opinions:

1) Never assume a PhD, or any kind of formal education, makes one more or less intelligent. 

2) If she is a biology PhD candidate, then she knows how things work...that can be good!

Thus, I would buy the ticket and take the ride.  :thumbup:

I've been trying my entire life but I've gotten over it and just look for chicks with big cans and tight poopers

The better question is whether she'd be willing.  That's pretty much the test - if she's willing, she's not more intelligent.  

while in college I dated a girl who was getting her Ph.D in biology at the university of Michigan. She was 6 years older and fun but not smarter.

So yes I did/would have but won't now (married). 

I know a ton of PhDs. Most of them, you'd never know they had one if it wasn't for the fact they love to tell you. They seriously seem no smarter than anyone else. They just took more classes. Probably to avoid having to actually go to work.

My wife was valedictorian in HS, gradiated Undergrad with a 3.8 or something like that, and then Masters with again around a 3.8.  Smartest person I know.  Street smarts however, ummmm.....

I look at at it this way.  I married someone who I can hold a conversation with me when we're 80.

I haven't read the responses, but my wife is smarter than me, and a PhD doesn't mean someone's smart.

I am doing a phd (clinical psychologist nine-the-less). - I really don't think it makes a difference.  Have fun with it.

Half of my soccer team either teaches at KU or is a doctoral candidate. They still can't time a through ball or cover a corner kick. 

Dated an organic chemist for a while. She was probably smarter than me, especially at the time. I had no problem with it. 

Women with a higher degree do have a harder time dating. They don't fare as well as their lower educated competition. I don't know the reason for that or whether it's just one Helluva consistent coincidence but despite this poll, men do skew toward lower educated women. 

I'm attracted to intelligence.  It's the stupid idiots I can't hang with.  
Seriously?  You have over 1,400 posts in the footballguys forum not the mensa forum, I think you're blending in quite nicely! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread