What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans IDPs (2 Viewers)

Finch is listed with 3-7 hurries. I only count 3.

Landry struggled against the run and had some issues with T Brad Seaton who the Titans cut and isn't very good at T.

Brown did pretty well. Covering the Bucs two talented TEs, he got two penalties but was all over them often enough that it'd probably be the rare penalty you're OK with because it means being aggressive.

Johnson played nose and got a poor grade. His snap count seems to fluctuate per site.

Derrick Morgan played ILB on two plays and Bucs rans away from him

Wallace showed up well. Carraway did too but came in late and is starting to seem like a fringe player that could be cut. This could be a huge mistake, love this guy's versatility

One writer said based on performance in camp and games, Julius Warmsley should start at DE. He also said Landry and Finch are going to have to be better against the run or they won't play against a team with a good scat back. Unsure if Vrabel is thinking through how he'll use players to make his 53 or thinking of the best 53- how he'll use them is most important. He mentioned Carraway would start on some teams and raved about his development. Said don't underestimate Belichick or Carroll scooping him up and using him week one and then went on a rant that Vrabel better not cut him

I hated the safeties last game. Kendrick Lewis is the only one that had his moments IMO. The Titans CBs regularly fell for a move and got burned deep OR clearly passed a WR off and the safeties weren't there or didn't do squat. Two high safeties deep and you get burned deep? It has this "I could do better" vibe which is just pathetic. Vaccaro has shown me nothing. I like backups as much as him if not more. Why didn't they sign more than one since three good ones were available? Even if you lie and say he's played well, they're still one injury away from being concerned with the safeties.

Rashaan has to play week 3 to start week one. If he is special mentally as well as physically, well then maybe not but an average player can't miss the preseason and step right in as a rookie. This minor injury has lasted way too long.

LeShaun is from the days where the Titans were easily toasted deep. I still love that he'll smash a RB almost out of frustration after getting burned. He had a bad game though and I was thinking how I really haven't seen him have a bad game in such a long time. He's had a really unfortunate career. He was thrown in as a rookie in midseason and did well. He beat out Adoree in camp but Adoree started because of his pedigree. They signed Ryan and Butler and ...they might have a fine starting CB and part of this was unnecessary. He never really has gotten a fair shake to develop. 

Hurst is running with the third string safeties. I get Lewis knows the D and is a savvy veteran but who stepped up when Cyprien went down and did well before Vaccaro? It's like he got no credit for that. 

Bennie Logan getting the starters treatment after being out and barely practicing, he's stunk so we're all expecting him cut and...again? We're doing this again? Every year the Titans keep an awful NT that's clearly outplayed. "They can keep him but he better not start week one"

Rashaan practiced on the side but ran more than anyone ever has. Vrabel said he's in terrific shape but wouldn't say if he'll play week 3 or give an injury update.

LeShaun Sims got a good grade despite a bad game, said they have issues at S on some plays he was textbook and then tried to recover and help. It looks like him but was not his fault. Complimented him as a gunner too.

Brown got a warning if he wants to start he has to not make mental mistakes. 

In response to if Carraway will get cut- Carraway shows up every day, always making a play.

Re Hurst- doesn't have the experience at safety. Nice to plug him in, but we had to play differently to accommodate

LBs not expected to play much week three. Extremely confident in backups, this is an excellent group. We have no depth issues here.

Even with Woodyards past production and Evans high draft pedigree this is a LB situation I will most likely avoid completely. I'm sure someone will be productive and a month ago I was targeting Evans, but now its become a situation I want no part in.

Finally got some injury news on Evans. It's a groin and what the trainer/doc is doing is having him push his bod til it tightens up and then stop and treat it right away. Vrabel said these types of experienced ideas were why he was impressed with the training staff when he came. It will eventually work up to Evans practicing in full and then he'll be able to play in full, just doing more and more each day.

Derrick Morgan is out 4-5 weeks from now, minimum with a torn meniscus.

Wallace has received more snaps at OLB than anyone so Vrabel expects him to step up. Landry will absolutely be part of it too. Finding a way to teach Landry during the season will be everything and was going to be anyhow. The rook has to get better at coverage and the run game but at the same time the Titans can't gift the other team a free play.

Against some teams, maybe one week? I think you'll see Brown play OLB. Orakpo and Landry can't cover well and Morgan was only eh to start with. As long as Rashaan is back, (IDPers will have to help me out here finishing this) it may be best to have Wallace and Brown at OLB more often than having the sack happy OLBs that play largely at the LOS

Preseason is over ....for the most part.

The only thing that could be a 3 safety set was Ryan not covering anyone in the dime D on a few plays. Injuries or not, I never noticed Brown playing S. Adoree does seem to be the hail mary safety and with his athleticism that makes sense. It's noteworthy that a WR has played it at times too in other years. This could amount to like 3 plays a year so feel free to discard it.

All but Derrick Morgan have magically healed and look like they're on target for week 1. Rashaan got a sort of "hold your horses" comment from Vrabel, so he might not be ready but it's going to be week 2 then.

Brown is one that is still young and makes mistakes til he gets rolling. He's not an ideal sub and needs to mature in that regard...still I only see him as a sub now. He won't start over Rashaan or Woodyard. With Morgan out, there could be a matchup where they need his coverage ability and speed at OLB.

The team seems to like this mock 4-3 where the 3 LBs are evenly spread out and there is an "extra" LB standing on the line of scrimmage. If they do this with Rashaan back, then who plays the OLB spot? Rashaan? Woodyard?

The standup rusher makes sense with their excellent depth at rushing backer. The depth is really abnormally ridiculous right now. When you think of Orakpo, Morgan and Landry, that's probably nice right there. Wallace, college DE Carraway, and camp star Finch really make this almost a bit much.

Vrabel (or Pees) never seemed to give an honest 3-4 all their faith. I'm not buying it. Not until Logan plays poorly for a few weeks. He did fine in week three after sitting much of the summer. That puts Daquan outside. Daquan improved his play last year, all reports are positive this year, so they do have a solid if unspectacular end opposite Casey. I think we saw that they knew Morgan and Orakpo would take it easy as veterans and they needed to see the wealth of young backers play in what will possibly be their third-down role. If (and when?) Logan messes up, then they'll be ready to play their hybrid 4-3. As you can tell, I am not a fan of Titans nose tackles nor Logan but it is as if he has one decent game in limited time and he is suddenly the starter.  

The CBs don't rotate anywhere near what was said. Ryan is often on the slot, Butler on the best WR, with Adoree on the other. Adoree did get time against the top guys (like Evans) and yeah why not use his athleticism or why not let the 2nd year guy get reps against the best. It seems pretty well set though.

Vaccaro is like the defacto starter and hasn't done well. It's concerning for how this affects the team and how this impacts Byard. 

Finch and Carraway won camp awards and yet each seems like a possible cut. I don't wholly understand special teams roles but to my eye, one of the LBs can certainly fill one of the many TE roles on special teams if it means they make a roster. The Titans only have 2 TEs that played well, the offense shifts to using one and yet it looks like they could keep 3 or 4 TEs. It's worrisome that one of these LBs that have done so well could get caught in a numbers crunch. 

Durden was picked up late and has done very well. I'm more comfy with he and Lewis than Vaccaro. I wonder how the staff will handle him. How long is he allowed to adjust? Will there ever be a time where the backups just cause less worry.

Wallace on first and second, Landry on third. Seems pretty much rock solid as a prediction for how they'll cover Morgan's absence. Morgan is an older player so I'm not liking the short window for a torn meniscus. I think he might be out a couple more weeks than predicted and thus maybe they should just put him on PUP.

Vrabel and co kind of did a poor move with Hurst. They loved him for filling in when Cyp got hurt and he did pretty well. Once Vaccaro and Durden were signed, Hurst was completely buried and now has almost no chance of making the team. I gotta wonder if the rest of the NFL didn't notice and if he'll get picked up to be a backup safety somewhere.

Kalan Reed has been an excellent zone corner since college. He still looks like it. He's no good at man to man. I mean he has improved, I'll give him that but he's just not made for it. He's so thin and it just doesn't seem in his makeup to be mano y mano. His game is cerebral. I bet some team picks him up, that plays zone, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's a nickel CB that plays for that team. Remember he was one of the top CBs by PFF, regularly, when he was in college. I thought he'd pan out as a safety since he gets to read plays and react but I didn't think he could hit hard enough. Square peg round hole, I don't fault the Titans for trying, but I figure he does actually produce when he's picked up elsewhere.

Lebeau never doubled anyone and it bugged me that he didn't believe in it. Pees seems to have the same thinking and as long as the Titans corners are vulnerable deep, I'm gonna worry. They are dramatically improved in the secondary over the last few years, but on some deep passes it still looks like the 2015 Titans getting toasted by WRs named Robinson. An opposing offense is struggling and desperate and that's the time for a knockout punch. Instead the Titans give up a deep pass and breathe new life into the offense. It bugs me every year and looks like this will continue

Wallace on first and second, Landry on third. Seems pretty much rock solid as a prediction for how they'll cover Morgan's absence. Morgan is an older player so I'm not liking the short window for a torn meniscus. I think he might be out a couple more weeks than predicted and thus maybe they should just put him on PUP.
Can't put a guy on PUP that's already practiced.  IR is the only option.  If they put him on IR before final cuts his season would be over, if they have him on final 53 then IR him the next day he can come back after week 8 (nice bye week timing).  Not sure how bad it is or how prepared they are to lose him for that long.

Can't put a guy on PUP that's already practiced.  IR is the only option.  If they put him on IR before final cuts his season would be over, if they have him on final 53 then IR him the next day he can come back after week 8 (nice bye week timing).  Not sure how bad it is or how prepared they are to lose him for that long.
They talk like the status quo- had surgery to repair torn meniscus, out 4-6 weeks. That puts him playing week 4. I think that's awfully quick when you consider he probably can't do any leg workouts for much of that time.

Thanks for IR and PUP info

Titans traded a 6th for Correa. He had a great game in preseason 3 sacks and an INT. He has otherwise done almost nothing in the NFL.

One scout compared him to Wallace but noted Wallace has improved his game each year in the NFL. He meshed well with Spanos and Lebeau and is a Vrabel favorite. Correa has been praised by coaches but they have pulled him often. He never really fit in in Baltimore.

At first glance it looks like Carraway would be cut (53) to make room but another scout says no way. This one thinks Correa has the type of ME attitude that could find him an unlikely cut days after being traded for. It's not likely but Correa needs to lose himself in the team. He didn't do that at Boise or Baltimore.

Correa is a high school teammate of Marcus. Neither scout thinks he plays.

One reporter strongly thinks Finch goes to IR and pointed out how he's been injured after each week of preseason. He said his toughness is off the charts but so is his fragility. He could use a year to get bigger and stronger and the Titans saw plenty to make them keep him.

Wallace, interestingly enough, is still expectes to start in Morgan's spot. 

Correa move makes little sense but for a Finch injury or impending trade. He plays ILB better than outside and probably has no chance of going in with Brown around. 

A Carraway cut would mean the Titans cut the player that won most improved defender in the staff voted awards. 

It's all very hmmmm

I’m about to trade Jayon Brown for a 5th round rookie pick.  Trying to clear space for Kenny Young, Kyzir White, Jawhan Bentley, and Skai Moore. Is there any chance Brown becomes an everydown starter long-term?  What are we projecting his snap % to look like this year?

icemic said:
I’m about to trade Jayon Brown for a 5th round rookie pick.  Trying to clear space for Kenny Young, Kyzir White, Jawhan Bentley, and Skai Moore. Is there any chance Brown becomes an everydown starter long-term?  What are we projecting his snap % to look like this year?
I think his ceiling is some sort of special nickel linebacker. He lacks the grit to stuff runners and shed blocks so no I don't think he could be an every down LB. 

He is not much more than a running blitzing LB when he rushes. He doesn't show moves or put his hand in the dirt. I don't think he'll be an OLB starter

I think his ceiling is some sort of special nickel linebacker. He lacks the grit to stuff runners and shed blocks so no I don't think he could be an every down LB. 

He is not much more than a running blitzing LB when he rushes. He doesn't show moves or put his hand in the dirt. I don't think he'll be an OLB starter
Bri follows the Titans more closely than me and I don't disagree with these comments but maybe it's underselling Brown's potential IDP impact, especially since Evans doesn't seem to be ready to step in immediately and play a big role? I don't know his snap % but when he is out there he always seems to be around the action and making plays - he's one of those guys that shows up in the box score. A fifth round pick seems a bit light to me - a move like that is pretty much just to clear roster space and I view Brown as decent LB depth who you could start as a LB3/4 at a pinch, with some potential for more (although I may be wrong on that). All those other players you've listed have some upside as well so I get why you'd want to clear space for them, but I'm not sure Brown is a worse asset than any of them - at least he has a role and is improving. White might have more value pretty soon if he starts, Moore will likely start so will get some production (whether that's just a short-term thing I don't know), I'm sceptical on Bentley and Kenny Young, as least in terms of doing anything this year. 

The other thing is that it's rare to have a LB who is really good at everything - the fact that Brown might be a weaker run defender doesn't mean he can't be on the field at all - it depends what the other options are and how much of a liability the coaches see him as. He might not be effective in that part of the game, but that doesn't have to necessarily matter too much for IDP (although I realise run defense is key to accumulating tackles).

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Bri
Rashaan's injury has brought very little news or updates so we have to guess. (I understand Vrabel will have to give better updates now but I bet he's Belichickian and they continue to stink) Rashaan is a "never leave the field" linebacker, a stud, a ten year guy. 

I really liked Avery but Rashaan will be a significant upgrade. I can't imagine pulling Rashaan to put Brown in. They did pull Avery to put Brown in.

The Titans have been awful at evaluating NTs and it drives many of us fans nuts. There are finer points to the game, but it's not even like that. One guy gets absolutely pushed around while the backups hold their ground and/or get to the QB. They never keep the backups. Bennie Logan did not do well when he was available in camp.

The lack of a decent NT means the ILB has to not only do his job but possibly shed an OL. Brown struggles to shed RBs and TEs, nevermind centers. 

Daquan Jones was meh for two years and finally started to hit his potential last year before he got cut. (Although they drafted him) He looked like he went from a classic journeyman DL to someone with a bright future- big big difference in him. 

Lebeau put Jones and Casey at NT at times. They were effective but, of course, they lost the pressure they had at the DE spot. 

Pees did play Jones at NT and he did do well again.

Backup Warmsley showed well at DE and NT and was a surprise cut. Austin Johnson is almost too athletic to be a nose in the NFL. His game is just not made for it. He's a pretty feet guy and they really need a bully strength guy there.

We don't know how Pees will sub.

The Titans were 30th? against runs up the middle with Williams(last year's free agent dud at NT) at nose. A change from awful is not dependent upon a DC. It's not like Lebeau did something Pees won't here. You pull a nose tackle getting pushed around while the back has nice runs up the middle. Ya just do.

We'll have to see Logan and how he does. You "can't" count on Brown if there's a bad NT in front of him. If Jones or Casey is manning the nose, then maybe ya can

Antwaun Woods is starting for the Boys per radio and people I don't know on Twitter. I hope y'all listened to me and are enjoying a nobody become a starter in IDP

It's probably time for you IDP folks to google Finch and put him on your radar. Let's see how things go but...he needs to be on your radar now
Expected to be the third down rush backer opening day. With Landry and Morgan injured, the highest paid UDFA gets a nice role to start his NFL career

It was on the radio that Wallace will start and Finch will "play a role too" so I figure that confirms my guess.

FWIW the hosts expect Rashaan to play tons and from week two until like 2030 he will be on the field

Hawaii guy (Correa?) is supposedly backing up Orakpo.

Orakpo is not one to sit with dings and has received a ton of rest this preseason and the last two preseasons as well. I expect he's ready to roll as he always has been. Depending on the situation, Orakpo is either at the LOS or the sideline in passing situations. 

I don't think there's a lot of work for Hawaii guy but I do think putting him with the veteran is the way to go. 

Finch still hasn't made the MFL database.

EDIT: Not on the roto depth charts, so that explains it.

Bri, any word on Evans? I saw he got some limited work in at practice but he’s missed a bit of time and I imagine he’s not ready to step right in to a full time role week 1. Is that right?

Bri, any word on Evans? I saw he got some limited work in at practice but he’s missed a bit of time and I imagine he’s not ready to step right in to a full time role week 1. Is that right?
We're not gonna know jack this year. Many of us already can't stand Vrabel's updates.

I forget how many days of practice he will have, but let's say 8. Practice-wise he has enough, more than enough, to start. He doesn't have the game reps they wanted him to get this summer. Radio guys are guessing he plays a lot but doesn't start. They're also guessing Compton gets cut when Rashaan is 100%. They need his run stuffing for 1st and 2nd. They can get by on third down. I expect a lot of snaps, but not enough for what IDP folks probably expect from him. I think that will come week 2. This will be a "get your feet wet" week for the rookie.

Vrabel had to say that Derrick Morgan "did some things in practice this week." Umm that could be anything. People are already going way too far with this. Bottom-line is that he is 3 weeks into a torn meniscus surgery recovery. The timeline is 4-6 weeks plus physical rehab. If that timeline doesn't guarantee he's not playing, consider that he hasn't had a full practice since the surgery and when have ya ever heard of a player playing without at least that? I think Morgan is a week 4 return.

We're going to have to rely on the 100% participation reports this year. Vrabel announced closed practices to reporters all season, but word is he has backed off that. Reporters are waiting to hear what the change is and they should find out today. The Titans have few reporters and aren't like most teams, but they have a real great group of guys that have written about the NFL for 20+ years. Participation level plus 20 year reporter's eyes, that I can roll with.

Jim Wyatt does a Sunday morning video chat at the stadium and you can hear what I'm talking about. Aside from him being one of the best reporters ever, you'll hear his honest sincere opinion. He'll explain something like "DeMarco always comes out and runs the field a couple times, plays catch with Marcus, then does 100 pushups. That's his ritual. I'm looking to see what he does and then I'll give you my guess if he's playing. (Later DeMarco comes out and) He ran that fast, that was some nice speed. Look. (turns phone to field) That doesn't look like a guy that's sitting with a hammy injury to me." NFL players have pregame rituals and he knows them. They also aren't often allowed to blow off stretching and a light warmup if they're playing. One year I remember a guy getting stretched by a trainer and waving at him to stop. Wyatt said that's not a good sign and I thought so too. He sat and Mularkey said he couldn't get the hammy loose, wasn't the week for him. Wyatt is awesome pregame but during the week is going to be just brutal this year. 

Finch still hasn't made the MFL database.

EDIT: Not on the roto depth charts, so that explains it.
Titans did another article on him on their website. A backstory moreso than his on field performance, but this should help with MFL. You might go link to it on their boards or email a link to the story to support. Exposure usually helps get this done

Vrabel did A drill with Morgan and Landry and a few drills with Rashaan. Vrabel versus them, one on one.

"Limited participant"

Unreal updates...nothing nice to say

Vrabel did A drill with Morgan and Landry and a few drills with Rashaan. Vrabel versus them, one on one.

"Limited participant"

Unreal updates...nothing nice to say
Does that make Vrabel a "limited participant" in practice too?

Seems like he's starting to forget he retired...has the NFL ever had a player-coach?

Does that make Vrabel a "limited participant" in practice too?

Seems like he's starting to forget he retired...has the NFL ever had a player-coach?
Tons many years ago. Most famous is probably Landry

Vrabel's first week of giving injury reports was just as awful as I expected.

Rashaan, who practiced last week, isn't playing. Morgan who had torn meniscus surgery 3 weeks ago and was given a 3-6 or 4-6 plus PT timeline is playing.

Landry, who he didn't give good updates on, I had out 2-3 weeks so that's still the case.

The defense has a role for a third down pass rushing LB. They made it for Landry and it's there. I would say Orakpo and Finch if Orakpo looks winded.

This is Finch's impact, Finch's chance, also what they need because their DL has really struggled opposite Casey. Still though, with Morgan active, Finch becomes the least useful and a possible one down guy. I'd have to begrudgingly put him as the most likely to be inactive.

Dean Pees interview

Morgan will not play DE this week (there's the confirmation of what I told you a few times) and probably will look to minimize certain situations with him. (I assume pass rush, in traffic situations)

Concern for this season? Austin Johnson and Bennie Logan have to (can't hear, be able to man) the nose. We had a meeting to discuss. We're going to be using a 5 man rotation. They're going to get tired and if one goes down they'll get even more work. Daquan did an excellent job at the point this summer but we have to have him play end.

Several awful Qs that were so obvious

talk about Jones-We have to matchup with Tunsil- reporter says how a coach last year said you can't have Taylor (Lewan) taking care of his man and then going for LBs- Pees replies that Tunsil isn't Lewan, he's limited in what he can say about another team's player, just leaving it as we have to matchup with Tunsil. I think the reporter probably nailed it, judging by the response.

Will Adoree play offense this season?
This season, yes, I can't comment week to week 

With Parker ruled out, Adoree could need less reps on defense so this could be the week. This is how the prior staff explained his usage.

We're not the prior staff

I've seen this re-the nose and it doesn't work. Teams run up the middle so easily and the DC (and ILBs) looks like he'll rip his hair out he gets so frustrated. Eventually, DaQuan and/or Casey plays nose then. The Fins are without Parker this week and presumed to run a ton of times. I rrrreally think we'll notice Pees changing it back to Daquan at the nose. It's the best matchup and what he did most of this summer.

Cameron Wolfe, ESPN's Titans reporter til may or june, switched to Dolphins

(paraphrasing)Dolphins are going to have to have some help on Casey. Casey has been known for years as the best player no one knows of. The right side of their line will not be able to stop him. They're going to need a FB or TE to hit Casey on every play. I'm not looking for the rookie (TE, name I forget) to have a big day with many catches but have a helpful day.

Told funny story of Rashaan and the sun hitting his head. Pees said "he has a shine on him doesn't he?" Said call him the cadillac, mercedes, ferrari...he is the real deal. The injury reports were favorable to him returning but he won't be active. The Dolphins got lucky this week. He expects Drake to benefit. Compton slowish. Brown struggles inside. He said it won't happen but he'd put Wallace at starting ILB and again that won't happen. He explained Lebeau's roamer position and said if he were there, that's what he'd predict. 3-3 with one LB roaming. Brown could be that, Woodyard would be fine inside. Titans have bad matchup down an ILB and not able to land the nose in free agency. Expect Dolphins to run often. Qualified this with saying the defensive staff have had a lot of time this summer to plan for this. It probably won't be an easy day for Drake. We'll have to see how they adjust

He discussed some 5-9 CB on the Fins that plays very well but is 5-9. His peers expect him to cover Davis and with Mariota's tendency to throw lobs and passes for Davis to go up and get, he doesn't think this will be successful at all. Thinks Davis plays well first Q or first drive then Fins make a change

One more thing- LBs will replace TEs on special teams as I predicted. It's actually normal and the Titans were abnormal to have 5 TEs active most weeks

Rashaan still seems likely. He said he wants to impose his will on the offense.

Much of the talk today has been that Correa played way too much. He's an athlete, not a LB. Baltimore let him go and it was said he's never gonna be tough enough or big enough. During week one, this was evident and people are insulting Pees and Vrabel. 

Aaron Wallace who has been a quality backup at all four spots and was supposed to start...he played 31 snaps, many of which were in the second half. He HAD earned Vrabel and Pees' trust this summer but somehow adding Correa altered this. Well, after halftime he played both inside and outside as what amounts to a problem solver role. Greg Cosell again pointed out Wallace is one of the smartest LBs he has ever scouted and he was fortunate to have his college coach in the NFL, a very nice transition for him. He was very impressed and he thinks Vrabel had to be. A former LB, a Belichick student, it just seems unreasonable that he wouldn't make a mental note of this kid's intellect. Cosell noted that Wallace shifted to the line of scrimmage from ILB and back deep like a safety. He left the tight end. He said this is a guy that studied and knows the game. Pees may have given him that freedom like Lebeau's roamer role or he may have just been reacting. Cosell said it was brilliant. The other thing he noticed was his hands presnap. The others are asking him what he sees or he's telling him what he sees. He said "a lot went on with Wallace last Sunday." He explained we don't know how Vrabel will react. Should the guys have seen it too? Was it exceptional he did so they'll reward that with more time? In his experience he has seen coaches get angry and almost blame the problem on a player like Wallace (ie others not learning if they can cheat and ask) or a backup gets into a key role so he can utilize that.

Cosell would NOT play Rashaan this week. He said 100% for first game or don't play. It's too important to his mindset and his confidence. This kid is gonna make a big impression in the NFL, let him do it when he's ready.

Biggest surprise?

Finch. He said he remembers a young Belichick and some others that stick in his mind but it's fun to compare Vrabel to BB. Belichick tried so hard to not be predictable, his players couldn't predict what he was doing. And you can't have that. Vrabel needs to learn this and who knows maybe he will call Belichick and chat. 

Finch?

He was probably boxed out by Morgan playing nine snaps. They probably regret that. Like I said, he's a defensive end in a linebacker's body. He has all the moves, very well trained at Temple. He was puzzled by the addition of Correa- excellent straight line speed to the passer but the Titans added two that can really get after the passer. 

Would it surprise you if Finch was released? 

I think Jon knows he'll be picked up, he might even be playing within days. He seems like the odd man out. It's a numbers game and the Titans have too many linebackers. The problem is that they need outside passrush help and Finch was fundamentally one of the best in college last year. I don't think you fill a need. Didn't they give him a big contract? I don't think you fill a need and then release the player but Correa really poses a problem here.

Can he be traded?

Maybe. Ya know some guys didn't pan out as expected. It's not likely but possible, sure. What I think the plan should be is to play him in the rush backer role Landry will play. It's best for the other defenders week to week and they can be sure what they have in him. 

Let me ask you this- will Correa be on the team in 2019?

No, I don't think so. Maybe but that's the type you replace. His value is in knowing the system and once everyone knows the system well...no I don't think so. I think they're gonna find it hard to keep all these linebackers and it should be Finch. We'll have to see.

Offensive talk

Texans struggled last week and are expected to start a rookie and second year tackle. Any thoughts on that?

I go back to Finch. Why did they add him? Why offer him that much money if not for a game like this? Maybe that's what we look for. If Finch doesn't have a role against Houston, we may be able to deduce he could be the odd man out. Again, I think Correa will be. I think this will change quickly but we'll see. It's always interesting to see how coaches view it.

Antwaun Woods is starting for the Boys per radio and people I don't know on Twitter. I hope y'all listened to me and are enjoying a nobody become a starter in IDP
73% of snaps. Still not really a guy you play in FF b/c his position is bad for scoring purposes, but holding a premiere rushing team to 147 on the ground is pretty impressive. 

• Smile
I'm afraid this week will be a bad week for both offensive lines. It might be what ya want in IDP. Texans start two weak tackles and the Titans could be without both all pro tackles. It's starting to look like a defensive battle and which offense stinks less wins

I'm afraid this week will be a bad week for both offensive lines. It might be what ya want in IDP. Texans start two weak tackles and the Titans could be without both all pro tackles. It's starting to look like a defensive battle and which offense stinks less wins
Actually with IDP you want dynamic, rapid fire offense.  You want IDP on the field all day, playing lots of snaps, getting lots of chances to rack up tackles and assists.  A whole bunch of three and outs, especially with running plays killing clocks, is a big problem for IDP.  While you might be right that a couple of DL might rack up a few sacks, overall that's a bad sacrifice to make since who gets them can be very erratic.  I'd trust Watt and maybe Cunningham, will start Casey by necessity but don't trust him.  I'm out on all others including Evans who I love love love (have him on 4/5 IDP rosters) but just don't know what we'll see in his first game against a team that may not rush more than 15 times.  You're counting on a bunch of underneath stuff that he can clean up and while that's not impossible it's a bad bet to play.

• Smile
Both rookie LBs should play this week. (I'm not that experienced in IDP, I just wing it each time I play but...) I'm telling ya, I really think trade Jayon Brown. We discussed above but, he will play less and less as Rashaan gets comfy.

Finch and Wallace had a great week per Vrabel. 

"Are they feeling the pressure with both (rookies) returning?"

No, no, they were applying the pressure.

Not buying what Vrabel is selling there, the rookies will play as much as Rashaan can and Landry on every third down. 

I still think Finch is going to be a gem and that Vrabel will be dumb enough to cut him

Morgan wants to help the team anyway he can but wouldn't say he's playing or not playing...those are the words of someone that sits IMO

Aaron Wallace inactive. Thus far with Vrabel, you are either inactive or cut if he praises you. That's unreal and absolutely awful for the players to follow his lead on

Vrabel gave nothing but coy answers about Rashaan. 

Finch 5 snaps 2 pressures. I'm dying to see what he'd do in a full game.

Orakpo played some DE in 3rd and long situations. He wasn't productive but the Texans used two blockers on him so he did his job.

Daquan and Austin played nose a bunch. Maybe Pees is starting to be honest about Logan?

Texans ran and ran well every time Casey came out. The Titans will have to do something as that's sure to be copied

They ran nickel a lot and a dopey zone where if the WR crossed, a LB was on him. Brown and Woodyard didnt have a prayer against Hopkins and Fuller. 

They took turns on the TE again and its another week they shut the TE down. Otherwise, the secondary is really not doing anywhere near as well as expected. 

Orakpo played some DE in 3rd and long situations. He wasn't productive but the Texans used two blockers on him so he did his job.

Daquan and Austin played nose a bunch. Maybe Pees is starting to be honest about Logan?

Texans ran and ran well every time Casey came out. The Titans will have to do something as that's sure to be copied

They ran nickel a lot and a dopey zone where if the WR crossed, a LB was on him. Brown and Woodyard didnt have a prayer against Hopkins and Fuller. 

They took turns on the TE again and its another week they shut the TE down. Otherwise, the secondary is really not doing anywhere near as well as expected. 
I saw Landry had a couple QB hits.  I didn't see the game just the box score.  How did he look? 

What coy?  What were they?  I haven't seen snap counts and didn't any of the game.  What happened?

What coy?  What were they?  I haven't seen snap counts and didn't any of the game.  What happened?
Evans was not on the injury report but didn't play. Presumably, Vrabel gave some BS non-answers when questioned about their first round pick not playing despite being off the injury report.

• Smile
Ok well good a DNP is a whole lot better than playing X number of whatever and getting a donut on the box score.

Gally said:
I saw Landry had a couple QB hits.  I didn't see the game just the box score.  How did he look? 
Nervous as could be in the first but looked just like preseason in the second half. He was closing in several times, excellent speed to the QB. Still not an OLB that can cover. Was good or bad against the run depending which play. 

It might be enough for Morgan to sit and heal. Correa is straight fast to the QB and not good. Finch has all the moves. Zero worry of covering Morgan's pass rush but they would need Wallace to play first and second. He was curiously inactive

Kamalei Correa: Downgraded to out(RotoWire) Correa (back) has been ruled out for Sunday's game against the Jaguars, Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official site reports. Analysis: Correa was originally listed as questionable after sitting out Friday's practice, but he will be unable to go. Harold Landry and Sharif Finch could see an increase in snaps providing depth at outside linebacker in his absence.7 minutes

Kendrick Lewis: Will not play Sunday(RotoWire) Lewis (foot) has been downgraded to out for Sunday's matchup with the Jaguars, Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official site reports. Analysis: Lewis was originally deemed questionable for the contest, but the Titans have opted to keep him sidelined. The decision is surprising, as he was a full participant at Friday's practice. His absence should open up some more potential playing time for Dane Cruikshank and Brynden Trawick in the depth safety role.

Any updated news on Rashaan?  I saw he played 32% of the snaps in week 3 with a single tackle but there weren't too many tackles to be had with Jacksonville's horrible offense on Sunday.  I'm hoping that continues to go up each week as I'm counting on him for my bye weeks and to carry me during the playoffs.  

Users who are viewing this thread