What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo Auction Values (1 Viewer)

vw68j

Footballguy
Just curious why are Yahoo's auction values are so high? I know they might get pushed up a little with mock drafts, but it really over prices most players compared to FBGs values. Which makes it hard to get good vale in the first 3rd of the draft?

Thanks!

vw68j said:
Just curious why are Yahoo's auction values are so high? I know they might get pushed up a little with mock drafts, but it really over prices most players compared to FBGs values. Which makes it hard to get good vale in the first 3rd of the draft?

Thanks!
I think it's a combination of mock draft and real draft results.  I think that the auto-bids have made the prices ridiculous.  There are also the people who start the draft, pay as much as it takes to get the 2 to 3 guys they want and then leave.  There is no sense in using Yahoo's auction values for a draft that is not taking place on their site.  The same should go for ESPN as well.

None of it really matters. It all depends on the owners in the your league. Prices can fluctuate wildly from one draft to another. What's probably important is how player prices relate to one another in an auction once it gets going.

FBG values can be a little low. The advice they give is to never go over those values (FBG auction cheatsheets), but a lot of times you have to. It would be very easy to assemble an all-star team if no one tended to outbid those numbers.

FBG values can be a little low. The advice they give is to never go over those values (FBG auction cheatsheets), but a lot of times you have to. It would be very easy to assemble an all-star team if no one tended to outbid those numbers.
They are extreamly low.  No one should be allowed to draft the top 3 WR's and a top RB in an auction.  I can every time and then the rate my team is like "Your a lock to make the play offs"  No kidding huh, you really think AB, Nelson, and OBJ paired with McCoy can get it done.

Thanks for the replies! Our league is on CBS, but we use Yahoo for the auction draft because its a better draft room. The only thing I don't like is the over inflated prices. Some of the less experienced owners tend to follow the yahoo prices. Which can cost me a few bargains because of the high values....ohwell :-)

Thanks for the replies! Our league is on CBS, but we use Yahoo for the auction draft because its a better draft room. The only thing I don't like is the over inflated prices. Some of the less experienced owners tend to follow the yahoo prices. Which can cost me a few bargains because of the high values....ohwell :-)
Any over inflated prices on players early are just going to make for greater values in the middle and end of the draft.  There's only so much money that can be spent and it all evens out somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread