What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zero RB if only 2 WRs? (1 Viewer)

arete

Footballguy
How does the value of a Zero RB strategy change if you only have 2 dedicated WR slots to fill (+Flex) rather than 3?

Would you still go Zero RB?

First, you didn't state PPR or not. If not PPR forget Zero RB.  If PPR, I think you can still go "somewhat" zero RB even with this setup.  I'm in the same kind of league and I tend to go WR, WR in the first two rounds unless a stud RB falls to me.  Then, unless a RB I really like falls to me in the third I'll go WR again.  This way you have both WR slots and your Flex filled with a really good WR.  That's great in a PPR.  From there, up to you.  If you're going "true zero RB" maybe you look for a stud TE in the fourth.

Bottom line: zero RB is still valid in your type of league.  You might go after RBs just a bit earlier than a league where you would start 3 WRs though.

Last edited by a moderator:
First, you didn't state PPR or not. If not PPR forget Zero RB.  If PPR, I think you can still go "somewhat" zero RB even with this setup.  I'm in the same kind of league and I tend to go WR, WR in the first two rounds unless a stud RB falls to me.  Then, unless a RB I really like falls to me in the third I'll go WR again.  This way you have both WR slots and your Flex filled with a really good WR.  That's great in a PPR.  From there, up to you.  If you're going "true zero RB" maybe you look for a stud TE in the fourth.

Bottom line: zero RB is still valid in your type of league.  You might go after RBs just a bit earlier than a league where you would start 3 WRs though.
It’s half ppr. Thanks for the input!

I still think rather than worrying about taking WR with my first 4 picks or I have to take a RB round 2 you should always take the best player available early in a draft.  If your projections/rankings are good then take the players that are at the top of your list when it's your pick.  If you try and force certain positions you can lose out on great value.  

Users who are viewing this thread