What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Michael Bennett - False Arrest? (1 Viewer)

Mavis said:
Then why do you keep coming in and posting in it? You are free to not come in this thread.

Btw, I asked the mods to move it pages ago. the might have noticed if not for all the racist under toned remarks. 
Exactly

TheCommish said:
If you show respect and cooperate, you won't get brought down in the first place.
This isn't the truth in some cases.  Sorry if you've never experienced this personally.  Not saying all cops are bad, but they're all not good either.

This helps the thread? When all else fails and you lose the argument on the message time and time again, attack the messenger. Thats what we have here. Not my fault your points dont hold water and you all have to deflect and attack. Do you know how many links I provided in that Zeke thread? Please, lets talk the topic. 
please just stop

Mavis said:
No thread on his story or the video yet? Picking up huge steam on twitter and the networks. Maybe more to the story, but right now it appears Bennett was falsely arrested.

Bennett talked about the issue on his Instagram. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYtHHk6AyZ8/

TMZ has video of the incident with Bennett they released within the last hour... 

http://www.tmz.com/2017/09/06/michael-bennett-arrest-video/

Should be interesting how people view this considering he is an anthem protester and the outrage such acts have caused in the NFL. Wonder if people look at football protesting police treatment the same way now. This will shine a new light on it, for sure.

Wonder how Goodell will look at this as well, does he call it a personal conduct policy issue? Clearly it shouldnt be as of now, but you can never be so sure with the NFL. 
And what is the correlation between this and fantasy football?

The Kaep thread is out of hand.  Now we have this?  I get the twisted argument that the Kaep thread may arguably have something to do with fantasy football.  But this thread?  At a minimum, shouldn't it be in the IDP forum?

It's simple guys.  If you don't like the thread then don't click on it.
While that is true and some are just clicking to troll with quality posts like "just stop" because the dont like posters, I do believe this should now be moved to the FFA.

I have even asked the mods to move it. I thought since this was about Bennett, it belonged here. 

While that is true and some are just clicking to troll with quality posts like "just stop" because the dont like posters, I do believe this should now be moved to the FFA.

I have even asked the mods to move it. I thought since this was about Bennett, it belonged here. 
Certainly not trolling and not here because I don't like the OP.  Haven't met you and probably never will.  But one of the reasons that I have been at FBG for more than 15 years is the quality of the boards.  That has certainly suffered over the past few years.  One of the key points was that certain posts belonged in certain places -- which is different than most forums where the front page is littered with WDIS.

I think that the Kaep thread went off the rails and should not have stayed in the SP.  But at least there was an argument as to why it should be there.  This thread, on the other hand, makes no attempt to tie itself to football.  It's purely a political post and should be in the FFA.  Even if you could argue that it has some football relevance, the guy is an IDP so move it there.  I respect Mavis for at least acknowledging that and hopefully the FBG crew will move it.

@SproutDaddy comment about "if you don't like it, don't click it" has never been one that has been accepted here and should not be.  There are only 22 posts on the first page.  Can I post a WDIS and say don't click if you don't want to read it?  How about an ad for my company?  Or a post about a politcian that I like?  Or what if I just want to talk about the downfall of Lawrence Phillips?  I could easily fill the front page with useless threads while telling everyone to just not click if they don't like it.  

Feel free to go to the FFA and spout off about any political issue you want.  But I would ask that you follow the rules and allow us to talk football, and fantasy football in particular, here.

Mavis said:
They should be rewarded and complimented for doing their job? They should be applauded for writing a ticket without problem? I dont applaud my children when they go to the bathroom...but I do get on them when they make a mess. Certain expectations of whats reasonable. 
You are comparing a police officer's job to your children using the toilet?  Must be some impressive work being done on the porcelain throne in your house.

And yes, I do think that we should recognize the work done by police officers across the country.  They do the work that few can.

Last edited by a moderator:
For a guy against this thread and wants to talk football, you sure have no problem posting in it. Many have asked the mods to move it including me, if it bothers you so much why are you here and why are you creating threads of your own in this very forum if it bothers you so much?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/759984-michael-bennett-improperly-accuses-police-officers-of-racism-and-false-arrest/

Spare us your fake trolling outrage. No wonder peopel hate me, I call them on their ridiculous BS like this.

ABSURD!

For a guy against this thread and wants to talk football, you sure have no problem posting in it. Many have asked the mods to move it including me, if it bothers you so much, again I'll ask, why are you here?
You just liked his post where he said: 

"if you don't like it, don't click it" has never been one that has been accepted here and should not be.  There are only 22 posts on the first page.  Can I post a WDIS and say don't click if you don't want to read it?  How about an ad for my company?  Or a post about a politcian that I like?  Or what if I just want to talk about the downfall of Lawrence Phillips?  I could easily fill the front page with useless threads while telling everyone to just not click if they don't like it.  
And then you say the above... 

Right after you said you needed to "step away" only to post 38 minutes later... 

Probably should have been posted in the FFA to begin with. Can we at least change the title to reflect what actually happened; he wasn't arrested falsely. And maybe if you put in the title (Mods Please Move) it'll get moved faster 

For a guy against this thread and wants to talk football, you sure have no problem posting in it. Many have asked the mods to move it including me, if it bothers you so much, again I'll ask, why are you here?
That sounds a bit personal and against the be nice to others concept Joe wanted to advance.  Post reported.

I'm here with the hope that this thread gets moved to where it belongs.  If I wanted to hear biased political opinions I'd go to MSNBC.  If I wanted biased political opinions about football I'd go to Pro Football Talk.  If I want fantasy football info, I come here.

That sounds a bit personal and against the be nice to others concept Joe wanted to advance.  Post reported.

I'm here with the hope that this thread gets moved to where it belongs.  If I wanted to hear biased political opinions I'd go to MSNBC.  If I wanted biased political opinions about football I'd go to Pro Football Talk.  If I want fantasy football info, I come here.
Thanks for making a post like this because you have no other argument. Typical of many who try to debate me, goes right to personal attacks. 

Also, why did you start a thread just like it in this forum? ahh, because you have fake outrage and no argument.

Now that this is in the FFA, lets discuss the racist views many here have since you no longer have to show that fake outrage about the forum its in or did you have no point?

Thanks for making a post like this because you have no other argument. 

Also, why did you start a thread just like it in this forum? ahh, because you have fake outrage and no argument.

I'm just a guy who likes to talk and read about football.  

If I want to deal with politics I go to other places.  And in those places I give my opinions on issues.  And can argue with the best of them.  But not here. 

As for my other post, if you don't like it, don't click on it, right?  Actually I was hoping that it would help expedite getting this noise out of the SP.

You are comparing a police officer's job to your children using the toilet?  Must be some impressive work being done on the porcelain throne in your house.

And yes, I do think that we should recognize the work done by police officers across the country.  They do the work that few can.
I doubt he has kids. Judging by his poor writing, feeble grasp of grammar, and churlish and infantile behavior, he's probably just some little boy passing the time during class. I doubt he even believes most of what he says. It's obvious Bennett is at least partly to blame, and anyone who engages in blind defense of such a caustic and abhorrent human being is either: a) trolling, or b) completely incapable of reason. 

Thanks for making a post like this because you have no other argument. Typical of many who try to debate me, goes right to personal attacks. 

Now that this is in the FFA, lets discuss the racist views many here have since you no longer have to show that fake outrage about the forum its in or did you have no point?
Why do many of these stories which start off as proof of clear racism, end up being not so much? 

Why do many of these stories which start off as proof of clear racism, end up being not so much? 
People quickly come on and do damage control to make it appear that it was not about race. 

Seems strange people are taking the unions letter as fact but not what Bennett said. 

People quickly come on and do damage control to make it appear that it was not about race. 

Seems strange people are taking the unions letter as fact but not what Bennett said. 
I am not taking any side as fact.  It just seems parts of Bennett's story is unraveling.  None if the early narratives around the Martin or Brown story turned out to be true.  This just seems to be headed down that same path.  But it is early. 

I am not taking any side as fact.  It just seems parts of Bennett's story is unraveling.  None if the early narratives around the Martin or Brown story turned out to be true.  This just seems to be headed down that same path.  But it is early. 
Maybe and it could be, but I was just answering why it seems that way a day or two after so quick. Seems the first thing to do for the accused would be to state your case. 

Maybe and it could be, but I was just answering why it seems that way a day or two after so quick. Seems the first thing to do for the accused would be to state your case. 
Maybe tougher questions should be asked before stories go viral.  

Fire the cop immediately.  He shouldn't work in this field if he thinks putting a gun to an innocent person's head to be a normal part of his job.

Has there been any actual evidence yet or just arguing?
There is a tweet by the alleged victim, there is a letter by the police union, and there are several video clips.  I am sure there will be more statements and more video in the coming days.  Not quite going the way Bennett planned so far.  

Countdown to the statement from Bennett and/or his Lawyer/Agent that regardless of what happened it is important to have a dialogue about this topic...that is what is really important...

while I think it's important to discuss bad cops and their behavior toward suspects, especially young black men, I just don't understand why people like Bennett just flat out make stuff up to try and push a narrative.

it really makes you think how many claims out there are actually real. and it takes away from the legitimacy of this discussion; Bennett just seriously hurt his own cause here by lying. 

this new video shows that the cops were actually quite reasonable with him. he ran, they ran after him (because how many innocent people run from the cops), and once they had the situation under control they cooled down, as did Bennett, and they figured out who he was and he wasn't a suspect and let him go. where did I hear that before... oh yeah, the police statement. 

Seems Michael might actually be the classier of the Bennett brothers.  Martellus' profanity laced tirade against the Packers doctor seems to be backfiring with several players coming out to refute his assessment of the GB doctor.  

Seems Michael might actually be the classier of the Bennett brothers.  Martellus' profanity laced tirade against the Packers doctor seems to be backfiring with several players coming out to refute his assessment of the GB doctor.  
“I got criticism from all of my former organizations,” Bennett said. “I mean, [expletive]. At this point, it’s like I’m rubber and you’re glue. Anything you say bounces off me and sticks back to you . . .

Maybe the Seahawks were washing their hands of him, but he ended up in a good spot.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 2h2 hours ago

And here it is: The #Seahawks have traded DL Michael Bennett and a 7th to the #Eagles in exchange a 5th rounder and a player, sources said. (@JosinaAnderson on it first).

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/971465734097440771

Good for the Seahawks, and as soon as they release the thug Sherman they'll be in a much better spot.  Should see an improvement in their behavior from last year.   

Except they are doing all this just to make cap room to resign Sheldon Richardson.  :doh:

Good for the Seahawks, and as soon as they release the thug Sherman they'll be in a much better spot.  Should see an improvement in their behavior from last year.   

Except they are doing all this just to make cap room to resign Sheldon Richardson.  :doh:
Thug Sherman? Not really. 

He's signing with the Cowboys when the Hawks cut him. Enjoy the lesser version.

Sherman went to Stanford, pretty thoughtful guy. Drama queen and a bit of a baby but not a thug. 
:lol:   I meant the signing with the Cowboys part.  We let two higher paid veteran corners go last year and replaced them with half a dozen DBs in the draft last year.   We also have 10 draft picks this year.  The Cowboys spending any money on Sherman doesn't make sense.   

:lol:   I meant the signing with the Cowboys part.  
Yea...sure.  nice back track.  Very relevant description related to signing with the Cowboys.

"as they release the thug Sherman they'll be in a much better spot.  Should see an improvement in their behavior from last year."

:lol:   I meant the signing with the Cowboys part.  We let two higher paid veteran corners go last year and replaced them with half a dozen DBs in the draft last year.   We also have 10 draft picks this year.  The Cowboys spending any money on Sherman doesn't make sense.   
Jerry will be half a bottle into some Johnnie Walker Blue and think this a good idea :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread