What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snap Counts 2.0 2017 edition (2 Viewers)

Whom seems to have the best season long prospects out of Pullard, Hull, or Christian Jones?  Could use some depth and these guys all seem like they could potentially be useful for that.  Jones seems to have the least competition with fully working pectorals and that defense could see a ton of snaps.

Farley could be back on the bench once (IF) Geathers is cleared.
Definitely possible, but I like how Farley has played thus far, and everything I have read about Geathers (I loved him last year as well) is that no one is counting on him.  

Definitely possible, but I like how Farley has played thus far, and everything I have read about Geathers (I loved him last year as well) is that no one is counting on him.  
There was also a random blurb (it's still on his roto page) from a beat reporter in February suggesting Geathers could see work as a LB, which is very intriguing, especially if he gets a chance to play the hybrid style role that has resulted in some stud scoring depending on designation & scoring rules. Seems fragile this early in his career but could be a very good payoff from an IR stash for any leagues that use IR. (he's holding an IR spot for me)

Whom seems to have the best season long prospects out of Pullard, Hull, or Christian Jones?  Could use some depth and these guys all seem like they could potentially be useful for that.  Jones seems to have the least competition with fully working pectorals and that defense could see a ton of snaps.
Apparently Kwiatkoski could return this season....

Pullard will lose snaps to Perryman when he comes off IR + both Perryman and Brown are under contract for next year.

No strong opinion on the other two - both have no competition this year and an unknown future beyond week 17.  I chose Hull simply because they're saying there's a chance Kwiatkoski returns.  Given that injury I don't understand how that's possible though.

None are great, but Hull hasn't shown he can't.  Pullard is on his 3rd team and Jones has been handed 4 or 5 shots at starting and has never grasped a job.  Hull we can at least say he hasn't dropped his chance yet. 

Navorro Bowman looks done to me, can't stop anybody anymore.
Change of direction skills are just not there.  I think it'd be a different story with Foster in there, keep Bowman contained inside the box - still limited though.

MAC_32 said:
Change of direction skills are just not there.  I think it'd be a different story with Foster in there, keep Bowman contained inside the box - still limited though.
Agreed.   He looked ok near goal line where he didn't have to occupy as much open field, but definitely not what he once was.  Dude used to rack up 10 solos like it was nothing back before his injuries.

Tavon Wilson ruled out this week. Miles Killebrew should put up big numbers against Atlanta. I'm going for upside and starting him over some solid options.

Also, with Jarad Davis out, Tahir Whitehead seems like a must start. 

I'll be keeping an eye out for Reeves-Maybin.

If he doesn't get a lot of snaps, that pretty damning.

massraider said:
Also, with Jarad Davis out, Tahir Whitehead seems like a must start. 

I'll be keeping an eye out for Reeves-Maybin.

If he doesn't get a lot of snaps, that pretty damning.
Given the injury he is coming back from I would not expect more than a part time role. 

Quick hits from yesterday. Some of the snap counts are because of injury and some appear to be a Changing of the Guard.

* While Reuben is out, Ray Ray 99%

*Jimmy Ward 100%, Tartt 72%, Lorenzo Jerome 27%...Tartrate injury

* Thomas Davis 68%, Shaq 91%

* Sean Davis 60%,  J Wilcox 54% ...injury

* Cooper 60%, Amukamura 56%, Callahan 90% and had a huge game. Fuller played full time.

* Trevathan 97%, Christian Jones 50%, Timu 27%, Anderson 0%

* Zettel, Ansah, C Wash all about 50%, watch out for George Johnson in super deep leagues, back in town and played 27%, had the best year of his life in Detroit 3 years ago.

*Hooker 100%, Farley and Butler split 66%/48%

* Jerremiah George 9%, Morrison back to his role at 70%

* M Nicholson 80%, Deshazor down to 27%. Nicholson graded very highly on PFF.

* Spaight 90%, Compton zero with Mason Foster out.

* Toomer back to his role, 79%

* With Brice out, Packers stayed 89% nitro but with Brice out the 4th Safety (89% snaps) was M Evans and the two cb's were Ranadall and King

* With McCleod out, Maragos 100% SS

* SS T Brooks  from the jets played 49%, so I assume Adams taking some of Lee's snaps at LB with Brooks and Maye at Safety, Maye, Adams, and Demario 100%. Demario highest grade of the week from PFF if I remember right.

* Lawrence Thomas Jets DE, zero defensive snaps, 22% RB/FB snaps, almost housed a TD, looked athletic as hell.

* Desmond King 62% cb snaps, 3 kick returns.

* Robert Quinn splitting evenly with Longacre at 50%, Barwin 90% on the other side.

*Onwuasor55%, Correa23%, and Levine22% still playing 100% next to Mosely but the share is growing for the former

*Hicks hurt, he played 20% and Mychal Kendricks 80%

*Miami DE Harris still playing 50% of the snaps, just a matter of time before he breaks out.

*Woodyard 89%, Avery WIlliamson 40%, Jayon Brown 60%...injury?

Last edited by a moderator:
Josh Jones had a monster game and according to the GameBook he started as....ILB.

:ph34r:
Him, Ha Ha, and Burnett played a hundred percent of the snaps, based on Jones numbers compared to Burnett I would say Jones has taken Burnett's place in the Box as a linebacker and Burnett and haha are playing the true safety positions. I'm sure Burnett was close to the line of scrimmage as well though, because M. Evans also played nearly 100% of the snaps so him and haha would have been deep.

Jones was a beast. He made a lot of solo tackles and actually made the tackle. That's why his numbers were so great. He's the fastest defensive player on the team and made good tackles. He should never be less than 100% snaps again. 

How sure are we about this?  I was about to drop him and now I am not sure. Any news on when Perryman returns?
UPDATE Sep 21, 2017, 9:21pm

Perryman (ankle) is currently on schedule in his recovery from ankle surgery, Jack Wang of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.

Head coach Anthony Lynn added that Perryman "may be ahead of schedule." The 23-year-old still has a long way to go in his recovery from the mid-August procedure, but if all goes well, he could potentially be designated to return off injured reserve following Week 8.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chargers-denzel-perryman-on-schedule-in-recovery/

As a Bengal fan (ugh) ,  Jones was devastating.   He looked like a man among boys out there, hitting hard and looking fast and instinctive.   It wasn't just meaningless downfield tackles; he was pressuring/sacking Dalton routinely and also made a huge pivotal tackle that helped seal their win late.   It's worth taking into consideration that this was against a pourous line and qb with poor pocket awareness, but I am very impressed nonetheless.   He looks very Deone Bucannon-esque.  

I watched that game as well, hope the other owners in my leagues didn't.

It was almost comical, the way Jones was wrecking stuff.

How sure are we about this?  I was about to drop him and now I am not sure. Any news on when Perryman returns?

UPDATE Sep 21, 2017, 9:21pm

Perryman (ankle) is currently on schedule in his recovery from ankle surgery, Jack Wang of the Los Angeles Daily News reports.

Head coach Anthony Lynn added that Perryman "may be ahead of schedule." The 23-year-old still has a long way to go in his recovery from the mid-August procedure, but if all goes well, he could potentially be designated to return off injured reserve following Week 8.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/chargers-denzel-perryman-on-schedule-in-recovery/
Pullard was OUT, so there's that factoid to throw into the mix. I won't pretend to know if the job was truly won by him or not, but he popped up as doubtful on Friday then out on Sunday. 3 LBs fighting for one spot.... pass on that mess, imo.

Tyvon Branch was seemingly in on everything last night. Here's to hoping Deone Buchanons return doesn't change his usage because he is a tackle hog right now....

Tyvon Branch was seemingly in on everything last night. Here's to hoping Deone Buchanons return doesn't change his usage because he is a tackle hog right now....
Practically begged people to not ignore him among the Baker/Bethea overhype 6 weeks ago. I have a lot of friends thanking me right now lol...they're usually cussing me :)

If anything, Bucannon will just relegate Dansby or Reddick or both to the bench, Arizona has used a box safety at linebacker 90% of the time for the last 4 years and that player has always put up top five numbers whether it be Matthieu, Richardson, Swearinger, or now a healthy Branch. They aren't going to change their scheme! The only thing that could deter Branch from top five numbers is health.

A player i was already keeping an eye on from pre season is Patrick Onwuasor LB, Bal. Early on it was pretty much presumes that Correa would step in to the Zach Orr role, but so far he's underwhelmed. 

Baltimore snap counts for LBs thru 3 weeks...

Wk1: Mosley 61, Correa 27, Onwuasor 20

Wk2: Mosley 71, Correa 30, Onwuasor 19

Wk3: Mosley 73, Correa 23, Onwuasor 40

Admittedly, the increase in snaps on Sunday for Onwuasor could in part be down to the Ravens being blown out and them just seeing what they have, but from what i saw PO was more impressive than KC. Could be worth a speculative add in deep bench leagues for free.

As a Bengal fan (ugh) ,  Jones was devastating.   He looked like a man among boys out there, hitting hard and looking fast and instinctive.   It wasn't just meaningless downfield tackles; he was pressuring/sacking Dalton routinely and also made a huge pivotal tackle that helped seal their win late.   It's worth taking into consideration that this was against a pourous line and qb with poor pocket awareness, but I am very impressed nonetheless.   He looks very Deone Bucannon-esque.  
Good article below on Jones...not sure his production is sustainable since looks like he was filling in for injured LB's J. Ryan and K. Brice.

http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Green-Bay-Packers-Aaron-Rodgers-loves-watching-Josh-Jones-in-act-108003484

He was their 2nd round pick pretty much ticketed for this role though.  I'm not concerned about the other guys.

I feel safe saying that that production isn't sustainable. ?

Nonetheless, the role he played is tantalizing.
More good stuff on the ever-evolving Packers D....in particular how the the bigger Jones is better suited for nitro than Burnett...Burnett visibly did look really small in that role the first two games and seemed to be swallowed up in scrums

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/9/25/16360928/josh-jones-morgan-burnett-packers-bengals-defense-dom-capers

More good stuff on the ever-evolving Packers D....in particular how the the bigger Jones is better suited for nitro than Burnett...Burnett visibly did look really small in that role the first two games and seemed to be swallowed up in scrums

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2017/9/25/16360928/josh-jones-morgan-burnett-packers-bengals-defense-dom-capers
I benched Burnett in one league in favor of newly acquired Jones, felt like a changing of the guard in my lineup.

PhantomJB said:

Yeah I was flabbergasted and posted as much earlier that Brice was playing so much more than Jones.  I thought for sure Jones was ticketed for the box all the way.

Burnett playing slot corner is a disaster.

^ flabbergasted... lol. 

Anyone have insight on Willie Henry's spike in snaps in London? 0% week 1 and 2, then jumped to 63% vs the Jags and posts 4 tackles and and assist. Just a track meet game where the DL needed lots more reps? Anything to see here? DT required leagues need to know! :D

DL alert: Danny Shelton with an injured calf in practice, now questionable. Roto notes it would make Meder the starting NT but the snap counts don't look like they support that. 

Over the first 3 weeks it's:

Shelton 38% 51% 47%

Meder 0% 25% 38%

Coley 65% 62% 56%

Coley has produced each week, ranking 13th among DTs in one of my leagues and 8th in the other. (well ahead of Shelton or Meder in both)

my guess? mckinney slid over to cushing's spot and cunningham took mckinney's side. cunningham had been backing up mckinney, from what i have been able to find. 
Does anyone have grading info?  How does McKinney's actual play grade out?  I'm negotiating a trade for him and I wanna know if I'm drafting a stud or a short timer.

So a couple things, Hairston played more D snaps then Farley last week. What's up with that?

Cassius Marsh is now listed as DE on MFL, pretty sure he was listed as a LB at first. Also he had a solid game, 4/1 a sack and a FF.  This is really just something to watch, cause if he plays some LB and DE and listed as a DE could be some sneaky points. 

DL alert: Danny Shelton with an injured calf in practice, now questionable. Roto notes it would make Meder the starting NT but the snap counts don't look like they support that. 

Over the first 3 weeks it's:

Shelton 38% 51% 47%

Meder 0% 25% 38%

Coley 65% 62% 56%

Coley has produced each week, ranking 13th among DTs in one of my leagues and 8th in the other. (well ahead of Shelton or Meder in both)
I'd expect Shelton's snaps to be distributed between Ogunjobi (first) then Brantley.  

If you're not already, be sure to follow @TomDegenerate on Twitter - great snap count snapshots throughout the week, both offense and IDP.  One of the best things he does is break down snaps of a position group on a team by where they line up.  If we look at just his posts on the Packers back 7 from the past week, there are these:

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913680956313280512 <---Masterwork

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913792276656263168

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913792554423996417

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913791369008893952

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913790911229947904

Pre-Thursday:

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913027594173415424

Also, his articles are behind a paywall at DLF for the most part, but here's one that isn't: https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/09/idp-risers-and-fallers-week-3-fantasy-football/ - another voice to compare to ARud's IDP waiver wire article.

If you're not already, be sure to follow @TomDegenerate on Twitter - great snap count snapshots throughout the week, both offense and IDP.  One of the best things he does is break down snaps of a position group on a team by where they line up.  If we look at just his posts on the Packers back 7 from the past week, there are these:

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913680956313280512 <---Masterwork

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913792276656263168

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913792554423996417

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913791369008893952

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913790911229947904

Pre-Thursday:

https://twitter.com/TomDegenerate/status/913027594173415424

Also, his articles are behind a paywall at DLF for the most part, but here's one that isn't: https://www.fantasypros.com/2017/09/idp-risers-and-fallers-week-3-fantasy-football/ - another voice to compare to ARud's IDP waiver wire article.
Been following Tom for a few weeks now and he does some really good stuff especially the breakdowns of snaps by positional groups  :thumbup:

Browns at Ravens

For the second week in a row, the Cleveland DT who played the most snaps was Trevon Coley. The rookie UDFA didn’t do too much in week 1, but against Baltimore, Coley had 4 solos and a FR on 42 snaps. In DT-required leagues, he’s worth watching if he has another solid week.

Out of 71 total snaps, Kamalei Correra and Patrick Onwuasor continue to split, 30 to 19. Neither can be trusted in the starting lineup unless you regularly start 6-8 LBs. And if you’re in a league that starts 6-8 LBs, that sounds awesome.

First round pick from 2015 Danny Shelton and third round pick from this year Larry Ogunjobi are solid run stuffers but don't get much penetration.

Coley stood out in preseason.

Coley has a low center of gravity and gets gap penetration. High motor.

Glad he is getting PT he has earned it.

I also like Ogunjobi, he is very-strong and more athletic than Shelton.  If Danny ever gets to the QB he punishes tham but I don't think Shelton will ever be more than a strong anchor against the run.
Added Coley after his week 2 performance lead to the above notes and have started him the last 2 weeks. #6 overall DT in my DT required league. I thank you both. :D  

CHI at GB

Eddie Jackson and Danny Trevathan played 100% of the snaps. Adrian Amos played 54 of 55 snaps to replace the IRed Quintin Demps. Amos had 7 solos and 1 assist. Trevathan is suspended the next two games. He had a huge game with 6 solos and 7 assists. Christian Jones (28 snaps) and John Timu (19 snaps) split the other ILB spot with Nick Kwiatkowski still out. Kwiatkowski could be back soon so I wouldn’t be jumping at Jones and Timu unless you’re desperate for an LB next week. Kwiat was doubtful, downgraded to out, for the Thursday night game. Jones had 3 solos and 2 assists. Timu had 2 solos and 1 assist. At CB, Kyle Fuller is still getting the most snaps with 50. He added 4 solos and 1 assist. Bryce Callahan had the second most snaps (41) in Prince Amukamara’s second game of the season.

Nobody played 100% of snaps. This game got out of hand early and Chicago couldn’t sustain drives enough to produce decent stats for the GB defense. Morgan Burnett played the most snaps with 65 out of 68. Burnett had 6 solos, 3 assists and 1 TFL. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix played 60 snaps and 8 solos, 1 TFL and 1 PD. Josh Jones exited with a back injury early on but came back in. He ended with 51 snaps. He only had 2 solos and 1 assist. Jones played less ILB with Jake Ryan back from injury. Kentrell Brice played 45 snaps back from injury. Brice looks like he’ll still be useful in deep leagues with 3 solos, 1 assist and 1 PD. Ryan played 42 snaps at ILB. Blake Martinez played 45. Martinez had 5 solos and 2 assists. The CB rotation is in flux in Green Bay. Davon House missed his second straight game. Rookie Kevin King led the way with 61 snaps. King had 2 solos. Facing teams that have actual WRs could create more opportunities for King. After playing 10 total snaps in the first three games of the season, Josh Hawkins played 40 snaps. Besides having the most Action Hero name ever, Hawkins had 5 solos and 3 PD. Hawkins got the opportunity with House out with injury and Damarious Randall leaving the game after playing 29 snaps. Randall had an argument with the coach and wasn’t on the field or sideline for the 2nd half. Quinten Rollins is now out of the rotation, getting 1 snap on Thursday night.

NO at MIA (London)

AJ Klein, Marcus Williams, Kenny Vaccaro and Ken Crawley all played 52 out of 52 snaps. Marshon Lattimore played 51 snaps while PJ Williams, who had started the first 3 games, played 1 snap. Macus Williams led the team with 6 solos. The big news here is Alex Anzalone only played 3 snaps before getting hurt and leaving the game. This was always going to be the risk with Anzalone. Injuries limited him to 10 total games through his last two years at college. I haven’t seen any notes on this injury since the game. Craig Robertson came in and played the remaining 49 snaps. Vonn Bell’s snap percentage has climbed every game, from 9%, 44%, 61% to 87%. The Saints IDPs disappointed Sunday morning because Miami couldn’t sustain a drive.

Kiko Alonso, Lawrence Timmons and Nate Allen played 100% of snaps. Byron Maxwell injured his hamstring in pregame warmups and didn’t dress for the game. Rookie Cordrea Tankersly was inactive for the first 2 games of the year. Tankersly played all but 1 snap. He had 5 solos and 1 PD. Tankersly is available in my deepest league which means he’s probably available in yours. The question is whether he played well enough to force Miami’s hand to play him more. Mike Hull dropped to 25 snaps with Timmons’ return. He had his 15 minutes of IDP fame.

@Hankmoody pointed this out on here already. There was 1 assist awarded in the entire game. Bobby McCain was awarded 1 assist and that was it. That obviously lowers stats significantly for both teams. Going forward, the Vikings play the Browns and the Cardinals play the Rams. Tyvon Branch is the top S in my primary league and he’s got 7 assists through 4 games. Take those 7 assists away and he's still solid, just not Safety #1 overall.

BUF at ATL

Preston Brown, Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde and Tre’Davious White all played 100% snaps. Shaq Lawson missed this game with a groin injury. Lawson was a game time decision so there’s a good chance he’ll be back next week. In Lawson’s absence, Eddie Yarbrough played 54 snaps, 2nd only to Jerry Hughes at 55 snaps. I mentioned Yarbrough here a few weeks back. I’m still not picking him up but 2 solos, 2 assists, .5 sack and a PD may have earned him some more snaps. He played almost 20 snaps more than the 3rd DE, Cedric Thornton. Ramon Humber played 29 snaps before breaking his hand. Humber will miss some time. I’ve been relying on him in several leagues. Rookie Matt Milano came in for him and played 32 snaps. A lot of people liked Tanner Vallejo when the Bills drafted him, but Buffalo drafted Milano a round earlier and Vallejo still hasn’t played a defensive snap. If Milano makes the most of his opportunity, there’s a chance Humber, who's started 4 games, doesn’t get his job back. Humber still outplayed Milano on fewer snaps. Humber had 3 solos and 3 assists. Milano had 3 solos and 1 assist.

Deion Jones, Robert Alford, Desmond Trufant and Damontae Kazee played all 60 snaps. The fifth round converted CB, Kazee played because Ricardo Allen missed this game. Allen is in the concussion protocol so he could be back next week or he could miss a month. Kazee produced from the FS spot with 4 solos and 4 assists. Definitely earned a spot on my watchlist. De’Vondre Campbell and Keanu Neal both played 58 snaps. The DE rotation doesn’t make much sense. Brooks Reed led the way with 36 snaps. Derrick Shelby played 35 snaps. Tak McKinley and Adrian Clayborn followed up with 24 and 23 snaps. I was skeptical of Reed early in the season but he had 3 solos, 4 assists, 1 sack and 2 TFL. Reed is the DE11 based on his big Weeks 1 and 4. He had no stats week 2. Seems like he’ll be very boom/bust. Completely unrelated to fantasy points, Tak is a great follow on twitter. He is hilarious. A dreadlock of his was found on the field after the game and went on ebay. It was up to over $10,000 before it came down.

CIN at CLE

Nick Vigil played 64 of 65 snaps. No other Bengal played over 56 snaps. Vigil had a day, 8 solos, 4 assists, 1 sack and 3 total TFLs. Snaps-wise, this game was probably an outlier because it was out of reach early. Vontaze Burfict came back from suspension and played 52 snaps. Burfict had 4 solos and 2 assists. Adam Jones has put together a number of duds after his 1 game suspension. Jones only played 15 snaps, 5th among Cincy CBs, after playing the 2nd most snaps in Weeks 2 and 3. Jones may already be droppable. Darqueze Dennard played the most snaps, partly because they brought former Chief KeiVarae Russell in to play for Dre Kirkpatrick the last few drives to see what they’ve got. Dennard has a sack in each of the last two games. I’m not sure anyone has noticed though. If you pick him up now, it’ll probably be to hold him for 2 weeks as they play the WRless Bills next week followed by their bye. The DE rotation has returned to normal. Carlos Dunlap (54 snaps), the MFL-miscast rookie Carl Lawson (40 snaps), Michael Johnson (39 snaps), pass rush specialist Chris Smith (27 snaps) and rookie Jordan Willis (21 snaps).

Christian Kirksey, Joe Schobert and Jason McCourty all played 100% of snaps. Jabrill Peppers and Jamar Taylor played over 90%. With Danny Shelton missing the game because of injury, Trevon Coley played the most snaps of the DTs. I shouldn’t have drawn the connection with Shelton, because Coley has played the most snaps of the DTs every week regardless of Shelton’s status. @Flying Elvis started Coley and was rewarded. I picked him up but have been running Sheldon Richardson out there instead. Flying Elvis is smarter than I am. Coley had 2 solos, 2 assists and a sack. He is the #6 DT in my primary league on the season. Rookie Caleb Brantley also got his first 16 snaps. Brantley had 2 solos and 1 sack. Derrick Kindred gave up 13 snaps to Ibraheim Campbell last week. This week, his snaps dropped to 36 of 64. Kindred only had 1 solo, 1 assist and .5 TFL. I can’t find much about why Kindred’s snaps have dropped. Campbell only played 4 snaps so that certainly doesn’t explain it. Chris Pokomy of SB Nation Dawgs by Nature heard Briean Boddy-Calhoun, the slot CB, played some of Kindred’s snaps. BBC had 3 solos and 1 assist. Kindred has been playing well, earning high grades from PFF, especially in run support. Unfortunately, he’s unstartable until we learn why he isn’t playing.

LAR at DAL

Alec Ogletree was the only Ram to play all 71 snaps. Mark Barron, Trumaine Johnson and Kayvon Webster all played over 90% of the snaps. Webster is a story here. He’s going to be starting at CB across from Johnson. He was injured in Week 1 and this was his first game back. He played 67 of 71 snaps and put together 6 solos and 1 PD. Nickell Roby dropped back to only playing nickel slot snaps. John Johnson was a 3rd Round rookie S from Boston College. He played 29 snaps after playing a total of 10 snaps through the first 3 weeks. Johnson had 4 solos in the game as he rotated with Maurice Alexander. Alexander only played 44 snaps and had 2 assists. In teams where I’m focused on next year, I’m going to be grabbing Johnson now. Cody Davis played 58 snaps because Lamarcus Joyner missed this game with a hamstring injury. Davis had 1 solo and 1 assist. Alexander, Joyner and Davis are all UFA at the end of the year. They may start getting Johnson some snaps now to see what they’ve got.

Jaylon Smith, Anthony Brown and Orlando Scandrick played all 69 snaps for Dallas. Those who have been hoping for Xavier Woods to replace Jeff Heath in the starting lineup, myself included, took a hit on Sunday. Woods, who had played 44% and 53% of snaps the last two weeks, saw his snap share drop to 23% against LA. He still had 2 solos on 16 snaps. Heath played 55 snaps and had 5 solos and 1 assist. Kavon Frazier has played 22 snaps each of the last two weeks. Frazier had 2 solos and 2 assists. Byron Jones had played all but 1 snap through the first 3 games. Jones only played 61 snaps on Sunday. This is definitely a situation to watch. With Sean Lee out, Dallas spent more time in the nickel. 3rd CB Jourdan Lewis’ snap share went from 59% to 81%. David Irving is back from his suspension this week. If you've been sitting on him or he's available on the waiver wire, I'm giving him a week to see what kind of role he has.

DET at MIN

Glover Quinn and Darius Slay were the only Lions to play 100% of snaps. In Jarrad Davis’ absence, Tahir Whitehead played all but 3. Whitehead led Detroit with 5 solos. Minnesota’s offense wasn’t doing the Lions IDPs any favors with only 56 offensive snaps. After Whitehead, for the second straight week, Nick Bellore, the former 49er LB, played the most snaps. Bellore played 42 snaps this week and had 3 solos and 1 assist. Rookie Jalen Reeves-Maybin saw his snaps drop after an encouraging increase the last few weeks. In Week 2, JRM played 16 snaps. In Week 3, he played 26 snaps. This week, he played 3 defensive snaps. JRM still outsnapped Paul Worrilow, who only played 1 defensive snap (cue sad music). With Tavon Wilson back from injury, Miles Killebrew’s snaps dropped, but not as much as you expect. In Week 1, when Wilson was fully healthy, Wilson played 74 out of 75 snaps while Killebrew only played 29. This week, Wilson played 25 to Killebrew’s 44. They may have been easing Wilson back in or they may have flipped roles. If so, Killebrew should be useful for the rest of the season. Slay played all 56 snaps. No other corner played more than 32. It’s been like this most of the year with a committee covering opposite slay. 2nd Round Rookie Teez Tabor donned a jersey for a regular season game for the first time. He played 6 special teams snaps and no defensive snaps. Armonty Bryant finished his suspension and will be available next week. He’s a pass rush specialist who put up 3 sacks in 5 Detroit games last year.

Eric Kendricks, Anthony Barr, Harrison Smith, Andrew Sendejo and Xavier Rhodes played all 70 snaps. Trae Waynes played 69. What is there to say. You know who you’re starting on this team. There aren’t any position battles. It’s all set. Danielle Hunter got off the schneid and put together 3 solos, 2 assists, 2 sacks and 1 PD as the cherry on top. Patient owners were rewarded. Impatient owners who benched him after a few low weeks saw a lot of production on their bench. Start your studs.

CAR AT NE

Luke Kuechly and James Bradberry played all 70 snaps. Mike Adams and Shaq Thompson both played 69. Shaq has now outsnapped Thomas Davis in 2 consecutive weeks. Shaq had 9 solos, 1 assist and 1 TFL. It may have finally happened. Julius Peppers played 34 snaps. He had 2 sacks giving him 4.5 on the season through 4 games. He’s 37 years old. That’s amazing. Charles Johnson didn’t play any snaps this week after playing roughly the same number of snaps as Peppers through the first 3 weeks. Daryl Worley missed this week with a strained pectoral. Bills castoff Kevon Seymour started in his place and played 68 snaps. Seymour had 1 solo to show for his effort. Kurt Coleman will miss a few weeks due to an MCL strain. He’s the 44th ranked Safety in my primary league. I won’t be rushing to the waiver wire to pick up his backup (Demetrious Cox).

Trey Flowers, Kyle Van Noy, Devin McCourty and Malcolm Butler played all 63 snaps. Stephon Gilmore played 62. Dont’a Hightower only played 37 snaps back from injury. Elandon Roberts pitched in 33 snaps. At DE, Cassius Marsh saw his fewest snaps of the season with 18. Deatrich Wise only saw 25 snaps. He’s still a dynasty stash but doesn’t look like he’ll see enough snaps to be reliable this season.

JAX at NYJ

Telvin Smith, Tashuan Gipson, Barry Church, Jalen Ramsey and AJ Bouye played all 70 snaps. Myles Jack, Calais Campbell and Malik Jackson all played north of 90%. Yannick Ngakoue has been playing around 20 more snaps a game than Dante Fowler Jr all season. This week, that number jumped to 29 as Ngakoue had 2 sacks and a FF. Fowler added 3 solos and a sack. It’s an interesting yin/yang situation with Ngakoue and Fowler. They limit each other’s upside but provide opportunities for each other. Last week, Fowler scored his first TD by recovering a fumble Ngakoue forced. Dawuane Smoot also saw his snaps drop to 6. Smoot was a popular name in the offseason. I have him on one dynasty roster. I’m probably going to drop him to get someone who’s got an easier climb up the depth chart/more upside.

Demario Davis, Marcus Maye and Morris Claiborne played all 78 snaps. Darron Lee, Jamal Adams and Buster Skrine played over 90%. Leonard Williams and Muhammad Wilkerson both had their best games of the season. Williams had 3 solos and 4 assists on 68 snaps. Wilkerson amassed 2 solos and 4 assists on 61 snaps. I think the headline here will be David Bass. Bass was a 7th Round pick back in 2013. He signed with the Seahawks in the offseason but was released in September, allowing him to sign with the Jets. Because of the late swap of a 4-3 to a 3-4, Bass is still a DE in MFL. He plays OLB for the Jets. He didn’t play at all Weeks 1 and 2. In Week 3, he played 16 snaps and had 3 solos and 1 sack. This apparently earned him some more playing time. He played 48 snaps vs Jacksonville and had 3 solos, 3 assists and a sack. I will be picking him up wherever I can. I haven’t heard anything about Bass so I’m hoping it can still be done very cheaply. I can’t imagine he’ll keep this sack pace up but everyone thought Lorenzo Alexander was a fluke early on last year...

PIT at BAL

Sean Davis, JJ Wilcox, Artie Burns and Joe Haden played all 69 snaps. Ryan Shazier, Bud Dupree and TJ Watt played 67 snaps. I think the moral of this game is don’t give your kids a J middle initial because at some point, they will be called by their initials. Wilcox started in place of Mike Mitchell. When Mitchell comes back from his hamstring injury, Wilcox will be back to about 50% of snaps. Anthony Chickillo, who put together a couple of really good games due to injuries to both Dupree and Watt, was back to 2 snaps. Stephon Tuitt came back from injury and played 56 snaps, 1 less than Cameron Heyward. Tuitt got back on the board with 1 solo, 2 assists, 0.5 sack and 1.5 TFLs. Vince Williams has been a bit of a disappointment so far this season, especially because I think I have him on every roster. Last year, when healthy, Shazier and Lawrence Timmons played every snap. They didn’t sub out either ILB. The hope that Williams would slide in and replace Timmons getting the same workload was optimistic. Williams’ snap rates this year have been 83%, 73%, 85% and 59%. He had a game with 16 tackles last year facing KC. This year, he has 19 total tackles through 4 games.

CJ Mosley and Tony Jefferson played 100% of snaps. Eric Weddle and Brandon Carr played over 90%. Michael Pierce played 60 snaps and had 5 solos and 2 assists. Outside of that, it’s hard to find value. Brent Urban missed this game so Willie Henry and Bronson Kaufusi saw snaps. They combined for 2 solos. Patrick Onwuasor outsnapped Kamalei Correra again, 33-28. I don’t think either are startable.

TEN at HOU

Kevin Byard was the only Titan to play all 84 snaps. Wesley Woodyard, Logan Ryan and Adoree’ Jackson all played north of 90%. Jurrell Casey played 62 snaps. The Texans offense having their way with the Tennessee defense inflated their stats. Eight guys had 5 or more total tackles. DaNorris Searcy only played 32 snaps. With Jonathan Cyprien still out, it looks like Cypriens snaps have been split between Searcy and Curtis Riley (44 snaps). Searcy added 2 assists while Riley had 4 solos. Past Woodyard, Avery Williamson played 55 snaps and Jayon Brown played 33 snaps at ILB.

No one from the Texans played all 41 defensive snaps. They didn’t need to. This was a game to get young guys reps. JJ Watt played 40. Jadeveon Clowney played 32 and Safeties Andre Hall and Marcus Gilchrist both played 31. The Zach Cunningham vs Dylan Cole debate continues. Cunningham outsnapped Cole, 32-22. Cunningham had 1 solo and 1 assist. Cole had 3 solos, 2 assists, 1 sack and a pick-six as the cherry on top. Cole’s snaps were up this week from 22% last week to 54% this week. This didn’t come at Cunningham’s expense. It came at Benardrick McKinney’s expense. This game was out of hand so early, Houston gave Cole some extra snaps while they let McKinney rest. I wouldn’t expect Cole to play so many snaps in a competitive game, but, hopefully, he earned a few more snaps going forward. Nothing else of note here.

SF at ARI

Jaquiski Tartt, Jimmie Ward and Dontae Johnson played all 86 snaps. Navarro Bowman and Rashard Robinson both played more than 80. Ray Ray Armstrong who led the team in tackles, posting 8 solos, 2 assists, 1 sack and 1 PD, only played 64 snaps. Johnson had played every snap this season, but this was the first game he had substantial production. He had 9 total tackles through the first three weeks and 8 total tackles against Arizona. K’Waun Williams put up solid stats for a CB, 5 solos and 3 assists. Don’t chase it. Williams had his highest snap rate of the season based solely on Arizona’s propensity to go 3 wide. I played him in a few leagues but I’m dropping this week. San Fran put Tank Carradine on IR. Solomon Thomas stepped up to take over Carradine’s snaps. Thomas had been playing 50-60% of snaps. This week, he stepped up and matched DeForest Buckner’s 69 snaps. Buckner was a stud last year based largely on his volume. If Thomas can match Buckner’s volume on a regular basis, he’ll be a stud sooner than expected. Thomas had 5 solos, 1 sack, 2 TFLs and 4 QB hits.

Chandler Jones, Tyvon Branch, Tyrann Mathieu and Justin Bethel all played 84 snaps. Patrick Peterson played 83 snaps. The Honeybadger had a blow up game to remind us all we still need to start him, 12 solos, 1 sack and 2 TFLs. He even surpassed S1 Tyvon Branch. Antoine Bethea only played 58% of snaps. I don’t know if anyone is starting him at this point. In Deone Bucannon’s first game of the season, he played 42 snaps. Karlos Dansby played 77 snaps while Haason Reddick played 48 snaps. Olsen Pierre is a 2015 UDFA DT. Pierre played 25 snaps. He had 3 solos and 1 sack. At this point, I’m simply watching his snap count next week to see if there’s a bump. Markus Golden is done for the year. It looks like Kareem Martin will be replacing his snaps. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hasaan Reddick play some OLB as well.

PHI at LAC

Jordan Hicks, Nigel Bradham, Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, Jalen Mills and Rasul Douglas played all 57 snaps. Derek Barnett (24 snaps) is inching closer to Vinny Curry (30 snaps). This was Douglas’ second straight game of full snaps. He only ended up with 2 solos though. Mills isn’t exactly a shutdown corner, so it’s not like it sends all the targets towards Douglas. Fletcher Cox missed this game. It allowed Beau Allen to play 38 snaps, second to Timmy Jernigan’s 42 at DT. Allen had 2 solos, both for a loss and a sack.

Tre Boston and Jahleel Addae both played 100%. Casey Hayward and Trevor Williams both played 57 out of 59 snaps. After playing 62% of snaps last week, rookie Desmond King bumped it up to 81% of snaps against Philly. King played one more snap than Nelson Agholor so odds are, King’s snap will be dependent on opponent’s slot WR usage. King had 3 solos and 1 PD. He’s a solid CB option in deeper leagues. If he gets anywhere closer to 100% of snaps, he’ll be really productive. At LB, Jatavis Brown played 68 snaps, Hayes Pullard, back from injury, played 49 snaps and Kyle Emmanuel and Korey Toomer pulled up the rear with 17 and 16 snaps.

NYG at TB

Jason Pierre-Paul, Landon Collins and Janoris Jenkins played 100% of snaps. Jonathan Casillas played all but 2 snaps. Because he’s banged up, Olivier Vernon only played 22 snaps. This allowed Kerry Wynn to play 27 snaps. This was Wynn’s first time in double digit snaps. And if Vernon gets back to fit, it’ll be Wynn’s last time in double digit snaps. Even with Vernon banged up, Romeo Okwara’s role didn’t change. Okwara has played between 15 and 18 snaps in every game. In his first game back from injury, BJ Goodson only played 45 snaps. He was still 2nd on the team in tackles with 5 solos and 1 assist.

Kendell Beckwith and Adarius Glanton both played all 80 snaps. Vernon Hargreaves III and Brent Grimes both played 79 snaps. Glanton, filling in for Lavonte David, put together 4 solos, 2 assists, 1 PD and 0.5 TFL. He’s a cheap fill-in if David misses another game (TB plays on Thursday). Noah Spence dislocated his shoulder in Week 3. Against the Giants, he still played the 2nd most snaps of the DEs with 54 compared to 56 for Robert Ayers. Spence ended with 2 solos. He played a lot of last year with a dinged up shoulder. It will potentially limit his production this year. I’m no longer expecting a double digit sack season. It’s also worrisome for the future given how prone he is to shoulder dislocations. With TJ Ward out and Keith Tandy nicked up, rookie Justin Evans got his first substantial snaps with 45. Evans had 3 solos to show for it.

OAK at DEN

Corey James, Karl Joseph, Reggie Nelson and TJ Carrie played all 64 snaps. Tyrell Adams dropped out of the ILB committee next to James. Rookie Marquel Lee played 28 snaps. Nicholas Morrow played 34. Lee plays in base and put together 3 solos and 2 TFLs. Morrow plays in sub packages and amassed 3 solos and 1 assist. Khalil Mack had 2 sacks. He’s pretty good. Jihad Ward played over 600 snaps last year as a rookie. Many hoped he would breakout this year. Through four games, Ward has played 35 snaps. Mario Edwards Jr has finally started putting together a healthy season. Edwards played 44 snaps and put together 3 solos and 1 sack.

Justin Simmons and Aqib Talib were the only Broncos to play all 54 snaps. Brandon Marshall, Shaq Barrett, Darian Stewart and Chris Harris all played over 90%. After a substantial spike in Week 3, Todd Davis’ snaps dropped again, not as far down as Weeks 1 and 2, but still not startable. Davis had 1 solo and 1 assist. Will Parks played the fewest snaps of the three safeties but had 6 solos and 1 PD on 30 snaps. Parks has taken over more of TJ Ward’s role of in-the-box Safety than Simmons or Stewart. Simmons only had 1 solo to show for his 54 snaps. I was angry with myself for dropping Adam Gotsis at final roster cuts. He had a big game early in the season, but hasn’t done much since. His snaps dropped from the 40s in the last 2 games to 23 against Oakland. I can’t find a reason to explain the drop. Gotsis ended the game with 1 solo.

IND at SEA

Jon Bostic, Malik Hooker, Rashaan Melvin and Vontae Davis played all 68 snaps. Antonio Morrison, John Simon and Matthias Farley all played 58 or more snaps. TJ Green, after playing 62 snaps, primarily at CB in Week 1, has played a total of 2 defensive snaps in the 2 games he’s played since. The Colts are such a mess on defense. Looking at their snap counts for the year is just sad. Five different players have popped up for 50 or more snaps in one game without playing for more than 17 combined snaps in all other games combined. They take the spaghetti approach. Throw it all against the wall and see what sticks. Bostic had 5 solos and 7 assists. This uptick in production is primarily caused by Seattle’s stat crew. I think they awarded me 3 assists and I was in Chicago... If you’re in a shallow league, it’s time to start keeping an eye on Clayton Geathers. He’s eligible to come up PUP after Week 6. Keep your eyes peeled for an update on Geathers’ health. The last one I could find was from 9.29 and was positive.

Nobody played all 60 snaps for the Seahawks. Michael Bennett, Bobby Wagner, KJ Wright, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor, Richard Sherman and Shaq Griffin all played 50 or more snaps. Bradley McDougald has been a disappointment this year. I’m sure if Thomas or Chancellor get injured, McDougald will be the first guy up, but there was hope that he would have standalone value. Without a third LB, the optimistic expectation was McDougald would be on the field all over the place and Big Nickel would be Seattle’s new base. But Michael Wilhoite has been playing as the 3rd LB in base packages. Cliff Avril will be out awhile due to a neck injury. This should open up some snaps for Frank Clark. If I’ve got space on rosters, I’m going to preemptively pick up Marcus Smith. Smith is a former 1st round pick from the Eagles. Part of the Chip Kelly mess. Smith played 27 snaps, a generous increase from the 15 in Week 3. He had 1.5 sacks against Indy. Those were his only tackles. I don’t think he’s going to give you a lot in run support, but if he gets snaps, on a line featuring Bennett, Sheldon Richardson and Clark, Smith won’t get a lot of attention.

WAS at KC

DJ Swearinger and Bashaud Breeland played 100% of snaps. Zach Brown played 74 out of 76 snaps. Montae Nicholson is still the primary SS. Nicholson played 46 snaps compared to DeShazor Everett’s 18 snaps. Everett had 4 solos compared to Nicholson’s 3 solos. Nicholson was a 4th Round pick this year. Everywhere I have him, I’m probably dropping him. Even if he plays 75% of snaps, I don’t know if the stats are worth it. Josh Norman will miss 2-4 weeks with a rib injury. Kendall Fuller looked like he played the same role even in Norman’s absence. Both Quinton Dunbar and rookie Fabian Moreau saw increases in snaps against KC. Martrell Spaight is a 2015 5th Round pick. With both Will Compton and Mason Foster banged up, Spaight has gotten 40+ snaps in each of the last two games. Spaight compiled 6 solos, 2 assists and 1 TFL. Foster returned and played 32 snaps but it’s interesting that Spaight still got 40 snaps. Worth a look-see next week.

Derrick Johnson, Justin Houston, Ron Parker, Daniel Sorensen and Marcus Peters played all 50 snaps. Terrence Mitchell played 49 snaps. The changing of the guard came at ILB. Ramik Wilson didn’t play any defensive snaps. Reggie Ragland played 21. Ragland ended with 1 assist. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself, but I think I’m dropping Wilson if I need the roster spot. He may still prove useful at some point, but the role just isn’t productive enough no matter who’s playing it. Chris Jones played only 1 less snap than Allen Bailey, which is a good upgrade for Jones. It didn’t matter for either player this week but is a good sign going forward for Jones. If anyone can explain Sorensen’s 1 solo performance, I am extremely curious. Eric Murray put together 4 solos on 28 snaps. I’m not sure why Sorensen put up a dud.

I’m genuinely curious. How many people read this whole thing?

I read it all and it's one of the highlights in this forum. Tremendous work. 

I'm also curious to see what in the hell happened with Sorensen. 

Users who are viewing this thread