What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snap Counts 2.0 2017 edition (1 Viewer)

The most troubling things for me this week were Farley's lack of production (I was shocked to read that he played that many snaps) and, to a lesser extent, the Christian Jones/Kwiatkoski situation.  Given the snap-count, I guess the Farley thing is just an aberration?  As for the CHI LB's, it feels like a situation where neither guy will be a safe start coming out of this week's bye.

LAC at NE

Jahleel Addae played 86 snaps. 86. Tre Boston, Casey Hayward and Trevor Williams all played 85 snaps. Next on the list are Melvin Ingram (78 snaps) and Joey Bosa (72 snaps). That’s more than most DEs play in two games combined. Bosa set the record for most sacks in the first 20 games of a career, surpassing Aldon Smith. Good new/bad news situation here. The bad new is I didn’t identify Adrian Phillips’ new role early enough to put it in last week’s snap count thread. The good news is I realized it on Saturday and picked him up and started him against the Pats and enjoyed his 12 solos, 1 TFL and 1 PD on 59 snaps. I know you guys all appreciate my team’s success. Maybe I need to start doing a quick Saturday notes post… With Jatavis Brown still banged up and Denzel Perryman still out, the 4th year UDFA Safety started playing OLB three weeks ago to increase team speed. In Week 5, Phillips played 53 snaps, after playing 36 snaps in Weeks 1-4. In Week 6, Phillips was on the field for 7 snaps before leaving with a concussion. In Week 7, Phillips played 46 snaps. The Chargers are on bye next week so Brown and Perryman may be able to get healthy, possibly taking away Phillips’ opportunity. I may try to offload Phillips onto someone who is Safety needy and isn’t fully aware of his situation. The odds of the Chargers playing 86 defensive snaps in a game again this year are pretty low. Hayes Pullard played the most snaps at LB with 66, more than any two other LBs combined. Pullard ended second on the team in solos with 10, 2 assists and 1 TFL. Williams, still starting for the IRed Jason Verrett had a great game, 8 solos and 1 PD. Desmond King played 58 snaps and had 4 solos and 1 sack. You can do worse if you’re desperate at CB.
That would be great!  :)

Earl Thomas suffered a “slight” hamstring pull and only played 64 snaps.
Spotlighting Dexter McDougald.  He had some useful numbers last year when he got on the field so with Thomas missing time this could be a freebie short term stud.

The most troubling things for me this week were Farley's lack of production (I was shocked to read that he played that many snaps) and, to a lesser extent, the Christian Jones/Kwiatkoski situation.  Given the snap-count, I guess the Farley thing is just an aberration?  As for the CHI LB's, it feels like a situation where neither guy will be a safe start coming out of this week's bye.
All of us Farley owners will need to keep a very close eye on Geathers' return.

Wagner full practice on Friday but is said to be game time decision. If I had to hedge my bet I would think he goes, but any Seattle homers have more insight. Seattles 4:05 start makes this a tough call for me and perhaps others. 

Wagner full practice on Friday but is said to be game time decision. If I had to hedge my bet I would think he goes, but any Seattle homers have more insight. Seattles 4:05 start makes this a tough call for me and perhaps others. 
Yeah I couldn't wait and didn't want to risk it, so played DeVondre Campbell instead....FML

BUF at NYJ

Preston Brown, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, TreDavious White and Shareece Wright played 67 snaps. In Ramon Humber’s first game back from injury, he played 75% of snaps, 1 fewer snap than Lorenzo Alexander’s 51 snaps. This left 10 snaps for rookie Matt Milano to play. Humber immediately returned to producing. He was tied for 2nd on the team for total tackles with 5 solos, 2 assists and 2 TFLs. Brown led the team in tackles with 5 solos, 3 assists and 2 TFLs. With Marcell Dareus taking his talents down to Jacksonville Beach, Kyle Williams played 43 snaps and Adolphus Washington played 39 snaps. Washington made an impact on the game with 3 solos, 2 assists, 2 TFLs and 1 PD. Jerrell Worthy played 23 snaps while Cedric Thornton played 21 snaps at DT. Thornton added a sack. Shaq Lawson had 2 QB hits but didn’t connect for a sack. Lawson played 40 snaps compared to Jerry Hughes’ 49 snaps.

I don’t like ranking players. But here we go, 1. Jamal Adams (Huge gap.) (Seriously the gap is so much bigger than you think it is. It's like a chasm.) 2. Darryl Roberts 3. Darron Lee 4. Mo Wilkerson 5. Kony Ealy 6. Leonard Williams 7. Demario Davis 8. Buster Skrine That’s my ranking of Jets defensive players based on dance skills #Jetsdancetoanything. Lee, Davis, Maye and Skrine played 75 snaps. Adams and Roberts played over 95% of snaps. The Jets were all over Tyrod Taylor, 7 total sacks on 11 QB hits. Jordan Jenkins had 2 sacks on 42 snaps. They were Jenkins’ only tackles. Jenkins is known as a run stopper but practiced with Chuck Smith, the Sack Whisperer, in the offseason. There was some hope the Jets would be so bad to force a coaching change, possibly switching the Jets to a 4-3. At this point, I would assume Coach Bowles is safe so Jenkins will most likely remain a 3-4 OLB next season. Davis, Lee, Wilkerson and Ealy all recorded 1 sack. Williams and Steve McLendon split a sack. Davis and Lee both had 8 total tackles. Morris Claiborne missed this game with a foot injury and Rashard Robinson was acquired from the 49ers at the trade deadline. It’ll be a question as to who will start at CB opposite Claiborne when all are active and up to speed. Seriously, I can’t stress enough how much better Adams is as a dancer than any other defender on the Jets. He’s got moves on top of moves on top of other moves.

BAL at TEN

CJ Mosley, Tony Jefferson and Eric Weddle played 52 snaps. Brandon Carr played 51 snaps. Matt Judon played 47 snaps. Mosley led the team in tackles with 6 solos, 2 assists, 0.5 sacks and 1.5 TFLs. Patrick Onwuasor was right behind him with 3 solos and 4 assists. Onwuasor played 41 snaps. Judon had his second best game of the year with 4 solos, 1 assist and a sack. This is more in line with what can be expected of his good games. On the D-line, Willie Henry played 43 snaps and Brandon Williams played 42 snaps. Jimmy Smith is playing really well at CB, but he’s still dealing with an achilles injury which is limiting his snap count. He only played 66% of snaps.

Kevin Byard, Wesley Woodyard and Logan Ryan played 66 snaps. Woodyard had the best stat line of the day with 9 solos, 5 assists, 2 TFLs and a PD. Prior to Tennessee’s bye, Jayon Brown outsnapped Avery Williamson but it turned into another one week outcome. Williamson played 42 snaps against Baltimore while Brown played 33. Brown outproduced Williamson, 5 solos and 1 assist vs 1 solo. If you’ve been holding onto Adoree’ Jackson, he’s about to get more interesting. There was talk from the beginning that he could eventually get some offensive snaps. He got 1 offensive snap against Baltimore and turned it into a 20-yard rush. He actually topped DeMarco Murray who ran 9 times for 19 yards. Hopefully, your league gives offensive points to IDP. Jackson had a productive day on the defensive side of the ball as well. On 66 defensive snaps, he amassed 6 solos, 2 assists, 0.5 TFL and 1 PD. He was second on the team with tackles. In Johnathan Cyprien’s first game back from injury, he played 61 snaps, while Da’Norris Searcy still contributed 22 snaps. Cyprien ended with 1 solo and 1 assist. For those worried that Cyprien’s return would limit Byard’s production, Byard only had 4 solos. Of course, he added 2 interceptions among his 3 total PDs. Byard now had 5 interceptions over the last 2 games and leads the league over the season. Jurrell Casey was on the field for 61 snaps and put together 4 solos, 1 assist and 2 TFLs, including 1 sack.

TB at NO

Kwon Alexander, Lavonte David, Robert McClain and Ryan Smith played 60 snaps. These four led the team in tackles. Smith led the way with 4 solos and 5 assists. David, Alexander and McClain all chipped in 7 total tackles apiece. Smith is playing because Brent Grimes is still out with a shoulder injury. Vernon Hargreaves III, last year’s 11th overall pick, is still demoted to nickel CB duties, playing on ly 27 snaps. Gerald McCoy was on the field for 54 snaps. Justin Evans missed 10 snaps this game after playing 100% of snaps the previous two games. Evans still put together 3 solos and 3 assists. Those 10 snaps were split between TJ Ward and Chris Conte as Ward played 39 snaps and Conte played 31 snaps. So the morale of the story is, if something isn’t going your way, complain to the media… William Gholston left this game with an injury. They’re still assessing the severity but he had to be loaded onto a spine board and have his head immobilized. This team is running out of DEs. Robert Ayers played 47 snaps, Ryan Russell played 34 snaps and Will Clarke played 18 snaps. Ayers was the only producer with 5 solos, 1 assist and 1 sack. I’m a little worried about Noah Spence in dynasty. He’s on IR for the rest of this season. This team is really done. It would be amazing if Dirk Koetter kept his job. We’re always looking for 3-4 teams that could transition to 4-3 teams in the offseason. Tampa is a 4-3 team that could transition to a 3-4 in the offseason. If that were to happen, based on his size and speed, Spence would be a guaranteed OLB. Maybe the transition isn’t likely, but the risk is certainly there.

AJ Klein, Marcus Williams and Marshon Lattimore played 59 snaps. Ken Crawley played 58 snaps and Craig Robertson added 52 snaps. Cameron Jordan led the Saints in tackles with 5 solos, 2 assists, 1.5 sacks, 3 QB hits and 2 TFLs on 48 snaps. Alex Okafor played 44 snaps and was 2nd in tackles with 3 solos, 3 assists, 0.5 sacks and 2 QB hits. Trey Hendrickson continues to see an increase in snaps. Since the Week 5 bye, Hendrickson has played 29, 20, 32 and 35 snaps. He just isn’t producing though. He came away with 1 assist against the Bucs. The Saints couldn’t trade Hau’oli Kikaha so they decided to play him after being a healthy scratch the last two weeks. Kikaha only played 9 defensive snaps and 1 ST snap and ended with 2 solos, 1 assist and a sack. That kind of production isn’t sustainable on 9 snaps a game, but it’s worth keeping an eye on. Kenny Vaccaro was limited with a groin injury and only played 28 snaps. This allows Chris Banjo to come in and play his first 9 snaps on the season. Vonn Bell played 49 snaps which is on par with his last couple of games. Bell had a solid game with 3 solos, 2 assists, 0.5 sack and a PD.

LAR at NYG

The Rams won this game so easily, no defensive players had to play 100% of snaps. I think this is the second game the Rams have pulled that off. Alec Ogletree, Mark Barron and Kayvon Webster played 58 out of 68 snaps. John Johnson III played 57 snaps while Lamarcus Joyner played 56 snaps and Trumaine Johnson played 55 snaps. Barron and Ogletree both had 8 total tackles. JJIII ended with 7 total tackles. Connor Barwin and Aaron Donald both added a sack and a FR while playing at least 68% of snaps. No one else on the team played north of 53% of snaps. Michael Brockers doesn’t need it through. He continues to produce. He had 4 solos on 36 snaps.  

Eli Apple and Ross Cockrell played 100% of snaps. Darian Thompson played 60 out of 64 snaps. Landon Collins only played 51 snaps while Damon Harrison played 39 snaps. They tied for the lead in tackles though with 7 total. Olivier Vernon missed his 4 straight game. He also didn’t practice all week. With 1 win on the season, it doesn’t make a lot of sense to rush him back. Avery Moss played 56 snaps at DE, 2 more than Jason Pierre-Paul. Moss ended with 5 solos, 1 assist, 1 PD and 2 QB hits. Moss is a 5th Round rookie from Youngstown State, who used to play across from IRed Pat Derek Rivers. I’m going to pick him up where I’ve got space. Whether or not he’s startable depends on your level of risk tolerance though. For dynasty, he seems like this year’s Romeo Okwara, a rookie that will produce when given opportunity due to injury, but with depth chart concerns above that will prevent long term production. I’m going to pick him up and if he has a couple more solid games, try and trade him while he’s still got that (R). Maybe I can get a 5th for him, or upgrade a 6th to a 5th with him. That’s profit. Janoris Jenkins missed this game because he was suspended “indefinitely”. I don’t think they know what that word means though as he’s expected back next week against San Fran. His absence allowed Cockrell to play and put together 5 solos, 1 assist and a TFL. BJ Goodson missed this game with a lingering ankle injury. At LB, 2015 UDFA Curtis Grant played the most snaps with 56, followed by 2017 UDFA Calvin Munson with 41 snaps. Keenan Robinson played 25 snaps, Devon Kennard played 19 snaps and in the interest of thoroughness, UDFA rookie Nigel Harris played 4 defensive snaps. This team puts no resources into LB. Grant produced 4 solos and 2 assists, giving him 6 total tackles. That matches the number of teams he’s been on since coming out of Ohio State 3 years ago. Same as with Tampa, the Giants are due a coaching change. The 4-3 to 3-4 transition seems less likely in New York because they’ve put so much money into JPP and Vernon, but it’s not outside the realm of possibilities.

DEN at PHI

Brandon Marshall played 69 snaps. Justin Simmons, Darian Stewart and Aqib Talib all played over 90% of snaps. Von Miller actually led the team in tackles with 8 solos, 3 TFLs and 1 sack. Marshall added a sack as well, among 6 solos, 1 assist and a FR TD when Nick Foles fumbled the ball. Zaire Anderson started for Todd Davis for the second straight game. Anderson ended with 4 solos, 1 assist and 1 TFL on 30 snaps. Anderson was a UDFA back in 2015 who’s getting opportunity because Davis has been out with an ankle and Corey Nelson is on IR. In his second game back from IR, Shane Ray played 55 snaps, 5 more than Miller. Ray ended with 1 solos while Shaq Barrett ended with 2 solos on 30 snaps. The Philadelphia Eagles actually ran out of the fireworks they set off whenever they score a TD. That tells you about kind of day the Denver defense had...

Jalen Mills was the only Eagle to play all 64 snaps. Rodney McLeod played 63 snaps. Malcolm Jenkins, Nigel Bradham and Patrick Robinson all played North of 80% of the snaps. Mychal Kendricks played 47 snaps. This was a down game for Philly IDPs. 64 is a decent number of snaps but Brock only completed 50% of this passes, which means 19 snaps didn’t end with a tackle. Brandon Graham led the team in tackles with 3 solos, 2 assists and 1 TFL. Graham led the DEs with 40 snaps. Chris Long was second with 35, followed closely by Vinny Curry with 34 and Derek Barnett with 29 snaps. Timmy Jernigan is still considered the starter next to Fletcher Cox, but Jernigan (20 snaps) was outsnapped by Beau Allen (28 snaps) for the third time in the last four weeks. He was outsnapped by Destiny Vaeao (28 snaps) for the first time this season. Jernigan was limited by an ankle injury, but seems to be in a time share with Allen. Philly is headed to its bye so Jernigan should be ready for Week 11.

ATL at CAR

Deion Jones, Ricardo Allen, Keanu Neal and Robert Alford played all 65 snaps. De’Vondre Campbell played 64 snaps. Desmond Trufant played 61 snaps. Jones had double digit tackles with 4 solos and 7 assists, adding 1 PD. Neal and Campbell both had 8 total tackles. Neal added to FFs. Grady Jarrett and Dontari Poe both played at least 77% of snaps. Poe didn’t produce much but Jarrett was productive, 4 solos, 2 assists, 1.5 TFLs and 1 QB hit. The DE snaps have devolved into a messy rotation after Adrian Clayborn (41 snaps). Claybourn was followed by Tak McKinley and Derrick Shelby with 23 snaps, Courtney Upshaw with 17 snaps and Brooks Reed with 16 snaps. Vic Beasley had a sack among 4 solos and 1 assists on 45 snaps.

Luke Kuechly, Thomas Davis and Kurt Coleman played all 60 snaps. James Bradberry played 56 snaps. Kuechly and Coleman both hit double digit tackles. Shaq Thompson only played 39 snaps and ended with 1 solo. Mike Adams suffered a stinger after 51 snaps. Jairus Byrd came in and finished out the final 9 snaps. Daryl Worley played the fewest snaps of the four CBs. Worley played 19 snaps, 2 short of Captain Munnerlynn’s 21 snaps. Kevon Seymour played 44 snaps. The Panthers’ DE rotation is really similar to Atlanta’s. Mario Addison led the way with 45 snaps. He added a sack. Charles Johnson, Julius Peppers and Wes Horton all played between 22 and 31 snaps.

CIN at JAX

The Bengals had 80 defensive snaps, more than twice as many as the Jags had at 39. Nick Vigil played all 80. Vontaze Burfict and George Iloka both played more than 90%. A Bengal was ejected and it wasn’t Burfict. That’s definitely worth note. Iloka had 7 solos while Vigil had 6 solos, 3 assists and 1 QB hit. We’re back to keeping an eye on Adam Jones. Jones had 6 solos, the same as Dre Kirkpatrick and Burfict. Jones did it on 48 snaps, 2nd among CBs, 17 snaps behind Kirkpatrick and 6 snaps more than Darqueze Dennard. Going forward, Cincy plays Tennessee, Denver, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Minnesota and Detroit. That’s 2 of 7 teams with enough of a pass offense to make Jones really playable on that volume. Michael Johnson didn’t miss any time with the back injury he suffered last week. Johnson led the DEs with 56 snaps. Carlos Dunlap played 54 snaps. Chris Smith played 26 snaps compared to Jordan Willis’ 25 snaps. Shawn Williams left this game with a hamstring injury. Josh Shaw and Clayton Fejedelem split snaps after Williams left. Shaw played 38 snaps compared to Fejedelem’s 16 snaps. In Weeks 7 and 8, Shaw played 48 more defensive snaps than Fejedelem.

Telvin Smith, Barry Church and AJ Bouye played 39 snaps. Tashaun Gipson played 38 snaps while Myles Jack played 37. Jack had 1 solo. This defense is so good, it’s starting to limit the upside of its IDPs. Church led the way in tackles with 3 solos, 2 assists and 0.5 TFL. Marcell Dareus played 12 snaps in his first game, still ended with 3 solos, tied for 3rd on the team in tackles. Calais Campbell and Malik Jackson each added a sack. Campbell and Aaron Colvin both played over 80% of snaps. Jackson and Yannick Ngakoue both played over 70% of snaps. Jalen Ramsey got ejected early because of his altercation with AJ Green. This allowed Colvin to play so many snaps. Jalen Myrick played his first defensive snaps of the year with 13. If Ramsey ends up suspended, Colvin would be the play. Dante Fowler Jr. only played 14 snaps before leaving with an elbow injury. If he misses time, it could drive Ngakoue’s snap rate even higher as 3rd Round rookie Dawuane Smoot was the 4th DE to get snaps and he still only got 6 total snaps. Against better offenses, the Jags IDPs should be able to produce more.

IND at HOU

Jon Bostic, Matthias Farley, Pierre Desir and Rashaan Melvin played 71 snaps. Jabaal Sheard played 65 snaps. Nate Hairston and Darius Butler both played 63 snaps. Farley bounced back substantially from his dud last week and led the team in tackles with 6 solos, 2 assists and a PD. Barkevious Mingo played 46 snaps, and was second on the team in tackles, with 5 solos and 2 assists. Mingo also recovered a fumble on the last play to win the game. The fumble was caused by Sheard’s second sack among 4 total QB hits. Yeah. Tom Savage, for as long as he has the job, will be a target for opposing pass rushers. Bostic had 5 solos, 1 assist, 2 PDs and 2 QB hits. Antonio Morrison played 42 snaps but put up a dud on the stat sheet with 1 assist. This was his worst game of the season. At D-line, Henry Anderson played 55 snaps, over 15 snaps more than Johnathan Hankins’ 38 snaps.

Benardrick McKinney and Jadeveon Clowney played 66 snaps. Kareem Jackson played 65 snaps. Marcus Gilchrist was also on the field for over 90% of snaps. McKinney and Zach Cunningham led the team in tackles with 2 solos and 4 assists. McKinney added a QB hit. Cunningham was on the field for 52 defensive snaps. Dylan Cole missed this game again with the ongoing hamstring injury. He should be coming back soon which could cut into Cunningham’s snaps. Eddie Pleasant played 22 snaps. Pleasant put together 2 sacks among 3 solos, 1 assist and 2.5 total TFLs. That production seems very unsustainable on 22 snaps. After Jackson, Kevin Johnson played 53 snaps while Johnathan Joseph played 51 snaps. All three CBs produced a bit. Fourth Round rookie Carlos Watkins played 25 snaps again. He ended with 1 solos, 2 assists and 1 TFL. I think I mentioned this last week, he’s playing 3-4 DE but he’s listed as a DT on MFL. DJ Reader played 44 snaps and had 4 solos and 1 assist. Lamar Houston is getting snaps with Whitney Mercilus on IR. This was Houston’s third game for Houston and he played 45 snaps after playing 47 snaps in the last two games. Houston ended with 1 QB hit and a FR TD but no tackles. Jelani Jenkins finally got on the field for the first time this season. So everyone who’s been holding onto him since he signed with Oakland is ready to finally cash in. He played 14 defensive snaps...

ARI at SF

Tyvon Branch and Deone Bucannon played 74 snaps. Tyrann Mathieu, Patrick Peterson, Chandler Jones and Tramon Williams all played 97% or more of snaps. Branch ended with 10 solos and 1 PD. Bucannon was just behind with 7 solos, 2 assists and 1 QB hit. Karlos Dansby had a big game with 5 solos, 2 assists, 1 sack and an interception among 2 PDs and 2 QB hits. Dansby was on the field for 66 snaps. The Cardinals sacked CJ Beathard 5 times, Dansby, Corey Peters, Jones and Rodney Gunter all ended with 1 sack. Olsen Pierre and Hasaan Reddick split a sack. 1st Round Reddick played 27 snaps.

Eric Reid, Dontae Johnson and Akhello Witherspoon played 77 snaps. Reuben Foster played 75 snaps. DeForest Buckner, Brock Coyle and Adrian Colbert all played over 80% of the snaps. Jaquiski Tartt broke his arm after 19 snaps, which allowed Colbert to play so many snaps. Tartt is already on IR. Colbert will be the starting FS the rest of the season while Reid plays SS. Colbert ended with 4 solos, 1 assist, 0.5 TFL and a PD. He’s definitely worth a pickup. Foster led the team in tackles with 13 solos, 1 assist and 1 TFL. Coyle had a solid game with 7 solos, 1 assist, 1 TFL, 1 PD and a QB hit. It seems like Coyle has replaced Ray Ray Armstrong, who only played 1 defensive snap. Armstrong has been dealing with a shoulder injury but I can’t find any recent news on it. Ronald Blair came off IR and started at DE. Blair played 39 snaps and ended with 2 solos and 2 assists. He was outproduced by Leger Douzable. Douzable was 3rd on the team in tackles with 6 solos, 1 assist and 1 QB hit on 56 snaps.

WAS at SEA

DeAngelo Hall, DJ Swearinger and Josh Norman played 83 snaps. Zach Brown and Will Compton played 82 snaps. Hall played his first game of the season and replaced Montae Nicholson who missed this game with a shoulder injury. Martrell Spaight only played 1 defensive snap. He’s also dealing with a shoulder injury. Spaight still played 16 ST snaps so he may have just lost his portion of committee to Compton. Brown and Compton led the team in tackles. Brown had 8 solos, 3 assists, and 1 sack among 3 QB hits. Compton had 8 solos, 1 assist and 3 PDs, including 1 pick. Bashaud Breeland came back from injury but didn’t play a full complement of snaps. Breeland played 39 snaps so Quinton Dunbar still played 44 snaps. Kendall Fuller played 64 snaps as the nickel CB and caught an interception. Matt Ioannidis missed this game with his broken hand. Ziggy Hood played the most snaps on the D-line with 58, ending with 1 solo. Terrell McClain played 40 snaps and had 5 solos and 1 sack. Anthony Lanier II (32 snaps) and Stacey McGee (31 snaps) filled out the remaining D-line snaps. Lanier didn’t produce a stat while McGee had 2 solos and 2 assists. Ryan Anderson played 17 snaps on defense and 3 snaps on offense as a fullback.

Bobby Wagner, Kam Chancellor and Bradley McDougald played 63 snaps. KJ Wright, Richard Sherman, Shaq Griffin, Frank Clark and Michael Bennett played over 90% of snaps. Wagner ended with 10 solos, 2 assists, 1 sack, 3 TFLs and a PD. Not bad for someone who was a gametime decision. Justin Coleman, the nickel CB, played 53 snaps. He ended up tied with Wright for 2nd on the team in tackles. Coleman had 4 solos, 3 assists and a PD. Marcus Smith II left the game with a concussion after 11 snaps. This allowed Dwight Freeney to play 25 snaps. Freeney ended with 2 sacks. Sheldon Richardson missed this game with an oblique injury. He’s probably regretting it. Jarran Reed played 46 snaps and had 0.5 sack among 5 total tackles. Third Round rookie Nazair Jones saw his snaps increase to 31 and had 0.5 sack among 3 total tackles.

KC at DAL

Ron Parker played 67 snaps. Daniel Sorensen and Marcus Peters played 65 snaps. Steven Nelson and Frank Zombo were on the field for over 90% of snaps. Zombo ended up with sack filling in for the injured Dee Ford. Nelson played almost 20 more snaps Kenneth Acker, who played 47. Both ended with 5 solos. Sorensen ended with 4 solos and 2 assists. Amazingly, Kevin Pierre-Louis led the team in tackles with 6 solos, 1 assist and 1 TFL. The Chiefs played a ton more base 3-4 rather than their normal nickel to counteract Dallas’ run game. It definitely showed up in the snap counts. Derrick Johnson played 53 snaps. KPL’s high on the season had been 21 defensive snaps. He played 39 defensive snaps against Dallas. In the most disappointing news from Sunday, Reggie Ragland only played 20 snaps. If DJ retires at the end of the season, it’s impossible to know who will be getting snaps at ILB next season. Allen Bailey sprained his MCL after 29 snaps. Chris Jones played 38 snaps. Rakeem Nunez-Roches should see an increase in snaps. RNR was on the field for 26 snaps. RNR ended with 5 total tackles.

Byron Jones played 57 snaps. Sean Lee, Anthony Brown and Orlando Scandrick played over 90% of snaps. Jeff Heath played 47 snaps. Lee ended with 8 solos, 4 assists and 2 TFLs. David Irving added another sack on 44 snaps. Taco Charlton notched his first career sack on 18 snaps. Charlton played the fewest snaps of the four DEs. Demarcus Lawrence played 42 snaps, Tyrone Crawford played 40 snaps and Benson Mayowa played 19 snaps. Lawrence didn’t have a sack. It’s his first game this year without a sack. Anthony Hitchens played 28 snaps at LB while Jaylon Smith only played 17 snaps.

OAK at MIA

Navarro Bowman, Karl Joseph, Reggie Nelson, Dexter McDonald and TJ Carrie played 67 snaps. Khalil Mack played 66 snaps. Bruce Irvin played 64 snaps. Bowman and McDonald both had 5 solos and 5 assists. Bowman added 1 QB hit. McDonald added a PD. If David Amerson misses another game, McDonald will definitely be worth a start. Corey James played 58 snaps but only ended up with 2 solos, 1 assist and a PD. 2nd Round Rookie Obi Melifonwu played in his first game. Melifonwu played 10 ST snaps and 7 defensive snaps. He ended with 2 solos and 1 assist. Mario Edwards Jr. played 42 snaps, the same as Denico Autry. This was Edwards sixth game with at least 40 snaps. He ended with 4 solos, 1 assist and 0.5 sack.

Kiko Alonso, Lawrence Timmons, Reshad Jones and Xavien Howard played 63 snaps. Cordrea Tankersly played 61 snaps. Jones led the team with 9 tackles and an interception. No one else topped 6 total tackles. Fifth Round rookie Davon Godchaux played 37 snaps next to Ndamkong Suh (55 snaps). Godchaux has outsnapped Jordan Phillips in every game but one. Godchaux had his best game of the season by far with 4 solos, 1 assist and a PD.

DET at GB

Jarrad Davis and Glover Quin played 59 snaps. Darius Slay played 56 snaps. Slot CB Quandre Diggs played 50 snaps. Davis led the team in tackles with 7 solos and 1 assist. Tavon Wilson only played 47 snaps but added sack among only 2 solos and 1 assist. Miles Killebrew didn’t see an increase inverse increase though as Killebrew only played 18 snaps. Weeks 8 and 9 have been Killebrew’s lowest snap totals on the season, not reaching 20 defensive snaps in either game. Anthony Zettel and Ezekiel Ansah both played 38 snaps. Zettel contributed a sack among 3 solos while Ansah had 2 solos and 1 QB hit. The surprise at DE3 was Jacquies Smith in his first action in a Lions uniform. Smith played 29 snaps, 5 more snaps than Cornelius Washington. Smith ended without a tackle but with 2 QB hits. Nevin Lawson (32 snaps) and DJ Hayden (30 snaps) continue to split time across from Slay. Second Round rookie Teez Tabor played 11 defensive snaps, his highest total on the season. Tabor outsnapped rookie LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin who played 7 snaps.

Blake Martinez, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Davon House and Josh Jones played 68 snaps. You read that correctly. Rookie Josh Jones played 100% of snaps. Morgan Burnett only played 43 snaps before leaving with a groin injury. Kentrell Brice is on IR. Jones will fill in for Burnett. But he obviously played every snap prior to Burnett’s injury. Jones ended with 5 solos, 3 assists and 1 TFL, 3rd on the team in tackles. Jones’ role may be set regardless of Burnett’s status. Green Bay plays with 3 Safeties on the field as much as possible. If Burnett is healthy, Jones is the 3rd Safety and Marwin Evans is the 4th Safety. If Burnett is out, Jones is the 2nd Safety and Evans is the 3rd Safety. Evans only played 10 snaps vs Detroit. House was 2nd in tackles with 8 solos, 1 assist and 1 TFL. Kevin King was healthy and played 63 snaps. He ended with 2 solos, 1 assist, 0.5 TFL and a PD. Based on the Packer’s secondary this season, I wouldn’t bet that both House and King are healthy together for long. Damarious Randall was the 3rd CB and played 52 snaps.

Love the light humor you sprinkle throughout your work. It doesn't come at the expense of your point and it's not painfully forced, but it helps break up the huge wall of text. Huge fan of this effort every week. Thank you for all the work you do. 

A couple things would have to fall just right but it’s possible that we could have another Mark Barron à la 2015 on our hands sometime in the next few weeks.  In the meantime he’s at least worth owning as a speculative add and he’ll play dime snaps at linebacker.  Dexter Mccoil  is the epitome of a hybrid linebacker, he’s built to play that position, and I’ve loved him ever since pre-season last year with the Chargers.  With Jaquiski Tartt and Jimmy Ward out of the way he’s immediately sliding in as the third safety for the 49ers and playing dime linebacker replacing Coyle.  I think they saw all they cared to see out of Ray Ray Armstrong, and Ruben Foster and Eric Reid have proven to be china dolls.  If one of them goes down I think McCoil  has a really good chance to play three downs at weak side linebacker and if it’s Foster that goes down it will be three downs in the middle, and at worst  he will see some snaps at safety as the third safety in the rotation and will also replace Coyle at linebacker in the dime.  I’d love to see the Niners get a lead and force the other team to throw and see how much he plays Like I think he will once he hits the field he’s not going to leave it, he has all the tools. 

Safeties - When Jaquiski Tartt broke his arm on his 19th snap, Adrian Colbert filled in the rest of the day at free safety and played 62 snaps. He finished with three tackles and drew praise from Kyle Shanahan for breaking up a deep sideline pass to J.J. Nelson. Eric Reid had an interception as well as a big hit on Drew Stanton and played all 77 snaps at strong safety. Dexter McCoil is now the team's third safety, entering games in dime situations. He played eight snaps.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article183008166.html#storylink=cpy

Does Bubba baker became instantly startable in tackle heavy if Branch misses time (haven't officially heard severity yet - but didn't look good). Ari offense is bad, which means defense on the field tackling running backs in 4th quarters.

Does Bubba baker became instantly startable in tackle heavy if Branch misses time (haven't officially heard severity yet - but didn't look good). Ari offense is bad, which means defense on the field tackling running backs in 4th quarters.
It seems like the perfect storm, yes. I didn't watch the game start to finish but Bethea was in the mix. I'm not sure if either guy is a lock to get the full share of snaps that Branch was getting, but Baker is noted as the replacement, despite being listed as the backup FS on roto. 

Branch is already stated as lost for the season (ACL) with Baker set to "handle Branch's spot" .... http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4871/tyvon-branch

EDIT: I would assume, given the "lost" season, that the coaching staff would want to see what they've got with the rookie. Bethea is a known commodity and 33 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good News?/Bad News situation here guys. I've been brought on to write about IDP for DynastyFootballFactory. I'm going to be writing the snap count thread there every week and I'll be posting some other articles here and there. That means I can't keep posting the snap count thread here. I'll keep checking in though. The good news is, DFF isn't behind a paywall so you can still read it every week. I'm trying to get it out early enough that the editors can take a pass at it and still get it out in time for it to matter. They already want to split it between AFC and NFC to make it more readable.

Follow me on twitter @ben_glaser. I'll post links to all of my articles. 

Finally, I just want to say thanks to everybody on here. It's been a pleasure.

@massraider@Robar@Hankmoody@Flying Elvis@JoeSteeler and anyone else I'm missing. Thanks again.

Congrats ben, I’ll try to pick up the slack here a bit I’m just so busy with working 90 hours a week and five kids with two in diapers and I turn 44 on Thanksgiving but you and I know I see snap counts before anybody else :-) so I will try to help out the masses.

Congrats ben, I’ll try to pick up the slack here a bit I’m just so busy with working 90 hours a week and five kids with two in diapers and I turn 44 on Thanksgiving but you and I know I see snap counts before anybody else :-) so I will try to help out the masses.
Forget the masses...you need to take care of the masses in your home, lol. I'm 42 with three kids and can't imagine having two in diapers right now, lol. Good luck to you...may you be granted enough rest and sleep and peace :).

Congrats, and well-earned.  FBGs missed an opportunity, to be sure.

You will absolutely bring traffic to your new hosts...already bookmarked your article to remind me to read weekly.

DET/AZ--AZ has some back 7 questions we need to answer.  They are using three safeties now (Honey Badger/Bethea/Branch all over 80%), and had Dansby playing 96%, and Hasson Reddick (58%) and Josh Bynes (42%) at the other LB spot.  That was week 1.  What happens when Deone returns?  How long will Deone last when he returns? Also, Budda Baker only had 2 snaps on defense, that surprises a little bit.
Budda Baker had 9 solos the last game after Tyvon Branch landed on IR.

It seems like he will take over the starting role so I was wondering what sort of snap counts he had and stumbled back into this thread to see ChicagoArch landed a writing gig.  Good news but does anyone have the snap counts and what we might expect from Budda going forward?

Budda Baker had 9 solos the last game after Tyvon Branch landed on IR.

It seems like he will take over the starting role so I was wondering what sort of snap counts he had and stumbled back into this thread to see ChicagoArch landed a writing gig.  Good news but does anyone have the snap counts and what we might expect from Budda going forward?
You should go read Arch's article...he addresses this very question.

I won't be the guy who posts other people's content here going forward, but in the interests of making a smooth transition, Arch says that Bethea took over Branch's role, and Baker replaced Bethea in his.  

So no guarantee Baker inherits Branch's production or opportunity.

You should go read Arch's article...he addresses this very question.

I won't be the guy who posts other people's content here going forward, but in the interests of making a smooth transition, Arch says that Bethea took over Branch's role, and Baker replaced Bethea in his.  

So no guarantee Baker inherits Branch's production or opportunity.
I will add that Bethea was not having a bad year FF speaking. So if Budda takes his role he still should have some production but probably not as much as the Branch role. I do think that Budda is a far superior athlete than Bethea is at this point, maybe that works in favor statistically speaking. I’m rolling with Budda this week, hopefully it works out. 

Super late notice but it sounds like for those of you in kr leagues, Ryan Smith is going to take Reedys spot at kr and continue to play a full cb snap load without heargraves.

Anybody see the Browns game? How'd this James Burgess guy look? I see he finished with 16 total and a sack. Collins replacement?

Yes he was the replacement earlier in the season when Collins missed time and was expected to do the same now, the only difference  May be his playing time, he was purely a 2 down player earlier in the year when filling in for Collins, I will update this thread in a few hours once snap counts become available.  I presume he is still only a starter in base packages, but based on the weather and the score I doubt they played much nickel,  so temper your expectations that is snap counts or numbers will be anywhere near this moving forward .

Nope I was wrong Burgess played three games for Collins in weeks 3, 5, and 5. in week three played 63% in week four he played 91% and week five he played 83% and then this week he played 91% so he’s almost a full-time strong side linebacker sliding right in for Collins 

Wish I had not made that change, Budda is tearing it up. 
I didn't see the game but he tore it up in the box score.

The impressive thing to me is that he did this in a loss.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Cardinals | Budda Baker shines in road loss    Sun Nov 19, 09:06 PM

Arizona Cardinals S Budda Baker had a hand in 13 total tackles with one sack, a pass defensed and a quarterback hit in Week 11 against the Houston Texans.

Anybody see the Browns game? How'd this James Burgess guy look? I see he finished with 16 total and a sack. Collins replacement?
Crazy.  I was going to pimp him here and pick him up but didn't anticipate that sort of production.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Browns | James Burgess busy in Week 11 loss    Sun Nov 19, 07:41 PM

Cleveland Browns LB James Burgess had a hand in 16 total tackles with a sack, three tackles for loss and a quarterback hit in Week 11 against the Jacksonville Jaguars.

JAG with short term opportunity - solid depth (real football) but that's about it.  It hasn't happened yet but I'm waiting for them to try Kindred and Peppers up near the line and experiment with someone else at FS.  The Jags weren't the right matchup for that and the Bungles probably aren't eitherbut the Chargers and Packers?  Maybe.

Also, beware next week - Cincy has barely averaged 50 snaps per game lately.  It isn't like the Browns offense can stay on the field either so something has to give, but...

In the Jags game before the play by Telvin for the TD, there was a sack and fumble but I think they reversed the fumble. Did the sack stand? I thought Smith was wrapped around the QB on that play, at least enough to get half a sack. I’m reaching cause I need two points to split but I never heard what the actual outcome of that play was. I guess I can try to find the play by play also and stop being a lazy bastage.  

So here is the play I am questioning, it is at the 6:50 ish mark. If you watch you will see Smith definitely is the first one to the QB and definitely grabs the leg,is it enough to get half a sack? Maybe, I have seen less get half a sack and more get nothing.

https://youtu.be/8y9s4-wj2h0

MAC_32 said:
JAG with short term opportunity - solid depth (real football) but that's about it.  It hasn't happened yet but I'm waiting for them to try Kindred and Peppers up near the line and experiment with someone else at FS.  The Jags weren't the right matchup for that and the Bungles probably aren't eitherbut the Chargers and Packers?  Maybe.

Also, beware next week - Cincy has barely averaged 50 snaps per game lately.  It isn't like the Browns offense can stay on the field either so something has to give, but...
The thing about IDPs, there a lot of JAGs who produce good fantasy numbers...even if they suck in real life. 

The thing about IDPs, there a lot of JAGs who produce good fantasy numbers...even if they suck in real life. 
Absolutely true - if he gets 90+% of the snaps the rest of the way then there's a strong chance he helps down the stretch.  Thing is, there's reason to believe he won't and you won't know until it's too late.

I'm no @ChicagoArch but I give you some snap counts and thoughts in his stead.

* With Ogbah out for the year, the 50% of  snaps that Orchard and Nassib have been seeing are going to go up  significantly, either could be used in a pinch or a good matchup.

* Willie Henry was VERY good while Brandon Williams was out, but went back to irrelevance when Williams returned. Not sure if it was an injury or demotion, but with Pierce out, Henry played 74% of the snaps and had a great game. The kid can play if he can get the coaches to keep him on the field.

*It has not translated to a big day yet, but since Spence hit IR, Ryan Russell is playing 70%+ opposite Ayers, in deep leagues, I'd keep an eye on him.

* With Leonard Floyd likely to miss a handful of games and/or hit IR, since they don't want to add to McPhee's workload due to knee issues, one or more of the following 3 things will happen. Acho's snaps will increase significantly.  Rookie Isaiah Irving will be given a chance to perform, he's been impressing in practice.  If Trevathan is healthy they are considering moving Christian Jones back outside, he has experience at both ILB and OLB. If Trevathan isn't healthy, they may still make that move and start Kwiatkoski and Timu.

* Answering a question/comment above, yes the changing of the guard has started in KC. Ragland played 68%, DJ played 51%, and KPL played 49%.

* Also replying to a comment above, the only LB that played more than 30% for the Chargers was Perryman at 67%, no other LB played more than 25%.  To make up for this, S Adrian Phillips played 85% of the snaps, and from what I could tell, Ingram played about half of his snaps off of the LOS and dropped into coverage, and Attoachu took his place on the LOS playing 50% of the DE snaps.

*With Sendejo out, ANthony Harris again stepped into that role and played 100% of the snaps and had a big week. Keep an eye on the injury report if you need a fill in at Safety.

* With Lattimore down and most likely out for a bit, Crawley and PJ Williams played full time roles.  Both should be good plays moving forward if you're streaming cb's (you should be)

* Steven Nelson took his job back and is now the full time starting cb for the Cheifs opposite Marcus Peters.  That spot always pays dividends.

* Zombo didn't have much of a game, but he played 100% of the snaps opposite Justin Houston with Ford and Hali out. He's definitely usable in the right matchup if you need him.

*  Cockrell played every snap opposite Jenkins with Apple out. He'd be usable moving forward based on the matchup and Apple's availability.

* The NE LB position is a mess besides Van Noy. Roberts 55%, Flowers 43%, Harris 38%. Keep an eye on Flowers, his snaps rise weekly.

* Same could be said at DL. Two guys I like, Wise and Butler, played 61% and 53% respectively.

* With AJ Klein out, Robertson played 100%, Teo 71%, and blast from the past Michael Mauti played 43%. SS reserve Rafael Bush played 30% at nickel LB.

* Hitchens was on his way to playing 100% before injuring his groin, he says he is playing on Thursday.  If he doesn't I expect Durant to play a full compliment of snaps.

*Woods played 100% of the snaps for Heath, he could matter down the stretch if he is handed the reins to the job.

* Mcdougald played 100% of the snaps at SS in Kam's absence, he could be very good for us down the stretch.

* With Okafor out for the year, Hendrickson played 43% of the snaps after Okafor went out (Okafor played 72% before injury). Kikaha played 1 snap. Hendrickson should be a must grab.

* (deep leagues and dyno's) This is one I don't really want to post before my waivers run tomorrow, but I've never withheld information from this board for my own benefit, so I won't start now.  Though nothing has hit Rotoworld regarding it yet, Tank Carradine has been practicing for a couple weeks and is expected to come off IR this week and step right back into a full time role at either end spot in place of Blair or Douzable. He's expected to keep that full time role even if Thomas returns, and Blair/Douzable may both return to the bench.  Carradine is also a free agent at the end of the year, so if he lands in the right spot, he could be big.

*******I spoke too soon, this just hit rotoworld lol -

49ers released DE Datone Jones.

Because the trade deadline has passed, he will be subject to waivers. The 2013 first-round pick lasted three games with the 49ers, his third team this season. Jones was likely cut to make room for Tank Carradine (ankle), who is eligible to return from injured reserve.

I don't see a reason to tell you stuff like Budda Baker and Vonn Bell played every snap and had great games, pretty sure my 3 week old knows that. That being said, there's no doubt I left out important information based on not having any notes in front of me, and just posting information off the top off my head.  So if you have questions about something I didn't cover, let me know and I'll reply as soon as I can. I play in deep leagues, so that's the information I research, so it's very possible that you need information on guys that aren't available in my leagues.

Hope this helps a bit.

Even though I crapped to bed and it cost me a game, I do have Baker and I think he’s a must start going forward. It just sucks when you get the bad week combo..  wrong player and multiple consistent players have horrible weeks. I guess better now then in 2 weeks during the playoffs. 

Young 8 said:
Chargers LBs week 11 recap

Perryman 44/65

Emanuel 20/65

Jatavis 18/65

Toomer 15/65
That was a weird game for IDPs.  SD rested their starters in the 4th quarter.  I remember Toomer playing early, but Brown came in during the blowout. I don't think Perryman played in the 4th quarter. Maybe even missed some of the late third quarter. It was 47-10 at one point late in the third.

For the Bills, they were rotating Humber with Milano even early in the game. I would avoid Humber if possible down the stretch. 

I don't know what the Chargers are doing with Brown. It's very frustrating.

Thanks for the write up - I would just question the enthusiasm about Nassib and Hendrickson at DL. The injuries to Ogbah and Okafor you would think would open up a lot more opportunities for these guys (and it may well turn out that way), but just looking at the snap counts, it seems like both Nassib and Hendrickson have been getting consistent time in a rotation even up to now - In Nassib's case, playing up to around 75% of the snaps some weeks when Garrett was out early in the season. Despite consistent snaps, he hasn't really been productive. Hendrickson has already been playing a decent amount of snaps and likewise hasn't really done anything in the box score. I think if you have room and a need at DL, they are both viable pickups, I just wouldn't have high expectations. 

In the Jags game before the play by Telvin for the TD, there was a sack and fumble but I think they reversed the fumble. Did the sack stand? I thought Smith was wrapped around the QB on that play, at least enough to get half a sack. I’m reaching cause I need two points to split but I never heard what the actual outcome of that play was. I guess I can try to find the play by play also and stop being a lazy bastage.  

So here is the play I am questioning, it is at the 6:50 ish mark. If you watch you will see Smith definitely is the first one to the QB and definitely grabs the leg,is it enough to get half a sack? Maybe, I have seen less get half a sack and more get nothing.

https://youtu.be/8y9s4-wj2h0
Too bad for me, my 2 point loss stands. ?

Users who are viewing this thread