What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Snap Counts 2.0 2017 edition (2 Viewers)

Anyone know Indy might roll out Geathers today? I am taking a watch and see approach this week before putting him in my lineup. Very curious to see if it will be at the expense of Fairley who has been an unsung IDP pickup for many this year.

Anyone know Indy might roll out Geathers today? I am taking a watch and see approach this week before putting him in my lineup. Very curious to see if it will be at the expense of Fairley who has been an unsung IDP pickup for many this year.
taking wait and see as well. Have him in a handful of leagues but not starting in any

Both Pagano and Geathers acknowledged the safety being on a “pitch count” for Sunday’s game. Last season, Pagano remembers Geathers returning from a foot injury for an early-season matchup against the Denver Broncos, but after seeing one defensive back go down with an injury during the game, they had to step up Geathers’ playing time.

“We had him (Geathers) on a pitch count, and then all of a sudden he’s out there and he’s making every tackle,” Pagano recalled. “You don’t want to take him out of the game, because you’re down another guy, and then rob Peter and pay Paul, he ends up having to leave the game because it got sore.”

This time around, Pagano said “it’d be stupid of us to throw him in there and say, ‘Hey, you’re going to play 50, 60 snaps” — which is just fine with Geathers.

“We’re going to be on a pitch count, so whatever the number is, the number is,” he said. “And we’ll just pretty much go from there.”

Looks like Deone Buccanon got injured, not sure how early or how bad it was, but I don't think he came back into the game. Nick Vigil only had an assisted tackle which is very odd for him. Not sure if he got injured, game flow, or they just sat him?

Last edited by a moderator:
Vigil left injured also, did not return.

Bucannon injury did not look good on screen.  Leg bent badly as 2 other players rolled over him.  Expect him to be out a while, based on that quick view.

Vigil left injured also, did not return.

Bucannon injury did not look good on screen.  Leg bent badly as 2 other players rolled over him.  Expect him to be out a while, based on that quick view.
Damn shame about Bucannon, guy has been great since he came back. 

Damn shame about Bucannon, guy has been great since he came back. 
To piggyback here...though you’d think the benefactors of Buchannon and Vigil missing time would be Reddick and Minter, it was Bynes and Jordan Evans...7 tackles for Evans, 9 tackles and a forced fumble for Bynes

Patrick Chung has been more involved around the line of scrimmage of late and his numbers over the past three weeks have gotten my attention. Tackles in that secondary have always seemed to flip flop between him and Devin McCourty week to week.... even dating back to last year and perhaps beyond. Do any Pats homers know how the Patriots deploy these guys and their roles? Is he a stable tackle guy going forward or does Belichek change plans/roles too much from week to week to trust his latest production?

Seems like the word on Buccanon is that he might miss this weekend, but other than that it wasn't too bad. Luckily for me I'm the 1 seed so I've got a bye this weekend.  :D

Anyone have any insight on on Arizona LB situation this weekend? Bynes was the man last week, can we expect the same today? I have Barron and Bynes and I like Bynes if he starts because I like the Rams offense way better and expect them to run more plays. 

Anyone have any insight on on Arizona LB situation this weekend? Bynes was the man last week, can we expect the same today? I have Barron and Bynes and I like Bynes if he starts because I like the Rams offense way better and expect them to run more plays. 
I'm playing Budda in a league where we can play LB or Safety. I feel like he picks up a good portion of the tackles left by Buchanon and already is in Tyvon's vacated position.

So far so good on that call 7 tackles to 2 in favor of Bynes halfway through the 3rd. 

Christian Jones played only 10 snaps and I don't see any injury report about him.

Matti Milano snaps count 72%, Humber 28%.

Simmons (ankle), Landon Collins (ankle), Wagner (hamstring) & KJ Wright (concussion) all inured.

Read that zach brown, who has look tentative and slightly hobbled last few weeks, also left his game early. Some quality players getting dinged at the wrong time.

Read that zach brown, who has look tentative and slightly hobbled last few weeks, also left his game early. Some quality players getting dinged at the wrong time.
Brown is actually carrying a pretty serious achilles injury - he shouldn't even be out there so it's not surprising he's struggling to get through the last two games. You can't count on him at this point. 

What's the play if Wagner is a true game time decision. That's a 4:45 start and there aren't many options for owners if he's a game time decision. Havin to bench a quality starter on Saturday or early Sunday could be hard without a quality back up plan. Does Michael Wilhoite qualify as a quality back up plan in the event that Wagner can't go (increasing his value if Wright also can't go)? Even if Wagner can go can he be trusted? If he's a go I will probably roll the dice because he's been my guy three years running but will just have to lower expectations. Other's thoughts?

Anthony Hitchens on Sunday night football might also qualify as a filler for those using a wait and see approach to Wagner.

...even dvondre Campbell (MNF) is an option, albeit a much less enticing one...

What's the play if Wagner is a true game time decision. That's a 4:45 start and there aren't many options for owners if he's a game time decision.
Seattle is one of the few teams that is pretty straight forward with injury reporting.  You'll probably know before the noon kickoffs.  Best guess...Wagner doesn't play Sunday.  :unsure:

What's the play if Wagner is a true game time decision. That's a 4:45 start and there aren't many options for owners if he's a game time decision. Havin to bench a quality starter on Saturday or early Sunday could be hard without a quality back up plan. Does Michael Wilhoite qualify as a quality back up plan in the event that Wagner can't go (increasing his value if Wright also can't go)? Even if Wagner can go can he be trusted? If he's a go I will probably roll the dice because he's been my guy three years running but will just have to lower expectations. Other's thoughts?

Anthony Hitchens on Sunday night football might also qualify as a filler for those using a wait and see approach to Wagner.

...even dvondre Campbell (MNF) is an option, albeit a much less enticing one...
Last report is that Wagner is "upbeat" about Sunday but yeah the other options at this point are basically, as you said, Wilhoite & Hitchens.

Young 8 said:
Wagner played almost 3 quarters but looked really bad, slow & tentative.
Probably a big reason why Gurley was not able to be stopped.  Might be a good sign for Zeke next week in most Super Bowls.

I was hoping they would sit him and allow him to get healthy but could see why he needed to be on the field as the play caller and best defender in a big game. If he sat I had wilhoite waiting who would have absorbed more tackles than he did otherwise and then Wagner is full go for week 16. I lost Wagner early, Bostic early and Perryman early to injuries on the defensive side this week. Seems like guys are dropping in bunches at this point in the year when dudes are just plain warn down physically.

RushHour said:
Anyone know why Matakevich didn't play? He was active but didn't play a single snap. 
i thought the chatter was about how they were going 4-3 for the game and man-to-man mostly. 

Anyone know the snap count for Jatavis Brown after Perryman was carted off?  Sounds like Perryman will be out this week but don't know if I can trust Jatavis Brown.  He was money earlier this year before injuries.  

Anyone know the snap count for Jatavis Brown after Perryman was carted off?  Sounds like Perryman will be out this week but don't know if I can trust Jatavis Brown.  He was money earlier this year before injuries.  

Perryman 22 / Jatavis 33

Defense 66

Users who are viewing this thread