What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Hillary Clinton thread. 'Done' but not going away. (2 Viewers)

While I don't think Hillary is a Sanders fan, I also think it's a big stretch to think she would prefer Trump over Sanders. 
I don't know how this would apply to HRC specifically but for establishment democrats in general I'd say they're in many ways more opposed to Sanders than Trump.

If Trump wins they continue to hold on to at least a minority share of the power and they have a "heel" president to fundraise off of, which I'm sure does quite well with the anti-Trump community. The can also push through other things on the agenda that they may have enough agreement with the GOP to get through. 

On the other hand if Bernie wins, many of these people are getting replaced and they are left without power and/or jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course it is.  You have to be a conspiracy theorist bordering on insanity to believe that HRC, who’s spent her life pursuing liberal policies benefiting women, is now suddenly secretly supporting the misogynistic narcissist who is proactively trying to imprison her.  It makes no logical sense whatsoever.  
She did, literally, secretly support the misogynistic narcissist who was proactively trying to imprison her, in 2016, when her campaign promoted him.  Are you ever amazed at your own ability to be completely charitable and unassuming of Democrats, and stubbornly critical of anything even remotely tangent to Republicans? 

It will be nice when people dumpster the Clinton wing of the party

I don't know how this would apply to HRC specifically but for establishment democrats in general I'd say they're in many ways more opposed to Sanders than Trump.

If Trump wins they continue to hold on to at least a minority share of the power and they have a "heel" president to fundraise off of, which I'm sure does quite well with the anti-Trump community. The can also push through other things on the agenda that they may have enough agreement with the GOP to get through. 

On the other hand if Bernie wins, many of these people are getting replaced and they are left without power and/or jobs.
Which Democrats are getting replaced if Sanders wins?  Specifically.  

I think what the Young Turks fringe of the party doesn’t realize is that us “establishment Democrats” don’t hate them nearly as much as they want to be hated.  I love Justice Democrat’s!  Keep fighting the good fight!  Let’s beat conservatives and Trump Republicans at the ballot box and ensure progressive, liberal majorities in as many government institutions as possible.  

Let’s stop the ignorant liberal-on-liberal crime.  Let’s stop demonizing Democrats as “establishment”, and ignoring that many of the folks you’re hurling that perjorative at were fighting for liberal values before you got out of diapers.  

Of course it is.  You have to be a conspiracy theorist bordering on insanity to believe that HRC, who’s spent her life pursuing liberal policies benefiting women, is now suddenly secretly supporting the misogynistic narcissist who is proactively trying to imprison her.  It makes no logical sense whatsoever.  
How is Trump proactively trying to imprison Hillary? Specifically. 

The woman who was a trusted advisor to HRC during her campaign and expected to receive a senior role "when" she won
Right.  The woman who worked with Barrack Obama to pass health care reform.  Who’s been fighting for liberals for 20+ years.  Why in the world would you spend any time hurling fire at her as of she’s the enemy.  She’s on the home team.  

Trump pressuring the Justice Department to open BS investigations of HRC.  
Is there proof that he is still doing this? 

Note: I am not a fan of Trump; I am just curious if this is actually still a thing or something still being clung to because he yelled "lock her up!" years ago. 

>>Trump, who said as a candidate that Clinton would “be in jail” if he were president, called for the Justice Department to probe Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, despite the department’s high-profile completion of its investigation into the matter in 2016. Trump also wanted prosecutors to look into what he said were Clinton’s own ties to Russia.

“So many people are asking why isn’t the A.G. or Special Council looking at the many Hillary Clinton or Comey crimes,” Trump tweeted on July 22, 2018. Two days later, he wrote, “So why aren’t the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russia relations?”<<
MJ, on how Huber got appointed.

Right.  The woman who worked with Barrack Obama to pass health care reform.  Who’s been fighting for liberals for 20+ years.  Why in the world would you spend any time hurling fire at her as of she’s the enemy.  She’s on the home team.  
Right, the woman whos organization has gone after her "teammate" Sanders since he started running.

We can go back and forth on Tanden herself until we're blue in the face and it won't mean anything.

Here's my point... the consultants, bundlers and "machine" that has made the Democrats go for 40 years is going to have a much more difficult time under a Sanders admin without corporate money than they would if Trump or another Republican was in office.

Hillary Clinton spent her life supporting a misogynistic narcissist who sexually assaulted women.

>>Trump, who said as a candidate that Clinton would “be in jail” if he were president, called for the Justice Department to probe Clinton’s use of a private email server while she was secretary of state, despite the department’s high-profile completion of its investigation into the matter in 2016. Trump also wanted prosecutors to look into what he said were Clinton’s own ties to Russia.

“So many people are asking why isn’t the A.G. or Special Council looking at the many Hillary Clinton or Comey crimes,” Trump tweeted on July 22, 2018. Two days later, he wrote, “So why aren’t the Committees and investigators, and of course our beleaguered A.G., looking into Crooked Hillarys crimes & Russia relations?”<<
MJ, on how Huber got appointed.
So nothing current, just 2018.

She’s spent her life accumulating wealth and power. 
That too. 

This is a pretty remarkable woman, one of the most amazing people in American history. She’s accomplished a lot both for herself and for the nation. I think overall history will look at her favorably but we’ll see. 

That too. 

This is a pretty remarkable woman, one of the most amazing people in American history. She’s accomplished a lot both for herself and for the nation. I think overall history will look at her favorably but we’ll see. 
Favorably because her legacy will be she lost to Donald Trump?  Did not expect you to view that as favorable

Hmm.  My view of her is that she has always been intelligent and ambitious, but that she is a bit of a tragic figure, albeit one I have a hard time feeling sympathy for.

By nature she is more of a grinder than a leader.  She is an effective collaborator but not an inspiring figure.  Senator and S.O.S. is a pretty solid career.  However her ambition pushed her to try for more.  She got close, but was unlucky to coincide with the Obama phenomenon.  She was lucky to have Trump as an opponent, but all her weaknesses were exposed resulting in an inexcusable loss.  The weight of decades of compromise (personal grifting, Bill) caught up to her.  Her odor of rank ambition and entitlement was offputting.  An easy person to get tired of.

So she failed to become what she felt she was destined to become, and was owed, and was in a commanding position to achieve.  Crushing.  Hard to accept.  That person will look for external causes to account for such a failure, and won't look good doing it.  In 50 years will she be a significant American figure?  I doubt it.  Her legacy will likely be to serve as a cautionary tale.

timschochet said:
Henry Clay lost 3 times. Daniel Webster, William Jennings Bryant- there are some losers that we respect and revere. 
Most of us can immediately recall exactly what each of these three people is remembered for.  Hillary has no similar accomplishments.  The comparison here is Adlai Stevenson, not William Jennings Bryant.

Hillary Clinton‏ @HillaryClinton Jan 21

I thought everyone wanted my authentic, unvarnished views!

But to be serious, the number one priority for our country and world is retiring Trump, and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/1219773503735508992
In other words, her authentic, unvarnished view is she hates Sanders and won’t support him if he’s the nominee.  

In other words, her authentic, unvarnished view is she hates Sanders and won’t support him if he’s the nominee.  
No. She literally said in the bolded you quoted: and, as I always have, I will do whatever I can to support our nominee.

If Sanders in the nominee, she will support him. 

And winning the popular vote against the subsequently impeached and disgraced POTUS. 
Um.....I don't know if she wants to tie herself to that. She LOST to the subsequently impeached POTUS..Couldn't even beat him--or actually anyone in the general election.   

This is documented in the Mueller Report, if you’re interested.
I am aware, but it was my understanding that it covered Trump’s attempts in ‘17 and ‘18 to get an investigation into Hillary going. Gunz presented it in the present tense and I am simply curious if Trump is still actively trying to get her investigated. 

Disgraced? How is Donald disgraced? Was he the “most qualified person” to ever run for president and yet lose? Did he claim to be Native American but yet at best be 1/1024 Native American? Disgraced?
Impeachment is considered a disgrace, not a badge of honor. He will always be remembered for that, along with Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. His impeachment will be mentioned in the first paragraph of every obituary once he passes. 

As Nancy Pelosi said to Trump on Bill Maher's show: "You are impeached forever"

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/478906-pelosi-offers-message-to-trump-on-bill-maher-show-you-are-impeached-forever

That's one step up from Geraldine Ferraro, and still nowhere near Henry Clay.  
I don't disagree.  Although I think the step between Ferraro and Hillary is pretty large.  Ferraro was plucked out of relative obscurity to become a running mate for a candidate that got blown out in the election.  Hillary actually won her party's primaries to become the nominee, and she came very close to winning the general election.   Her accomplishment seems much more impressive than Ferraro's.

Users who are viewing this thread