What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/ Sell High Week 6 - Offers you sent/rec'd - Discussion (2 Viewers)

sell high 

Crowell - PFF had an article about him last week, saying that he just doesn't look like his 2016 self. he's a lesser back who is only good for approx 15-40 every game..the article also went on to say that Duke Johnson is the real deal and that we should all get him now ( last week) before it's too late.seems like they hit the nail on the head. I'd be looking to sell Crowell while people still think he's a quasi bellcow RB for the Browns..the truth is he's has as good a shot as Lamar Miller does at staying the #1 back in the offenses in which they play. buy DJ and D. Foreman

Ty Montgomery - the injury is coming, he's already getting nicked up..

dare I say it, but it might be time to sell Zeke..he's averaging a paltry 3.5 ypc, hasn't looked all that good so far, and has a pending hearing on the horizon.he might miss time he might not, but if all you're going to get out of him is 3.5 yards per carry, I think you trade him and get a ton in return - while you still can. 

Ajayi - but wait for him to obliterate the Saints this weekend, first..mysteriously popping up on the injury report with a knee last week, and then sucking the life out of fantasy teams by his lack of production Vs. Jets..he might have one of those patented 200 yards games against N.O. and that's when you sell sell sell..

Ameer Abdullah 

buy

Kirk Cousins - he's back.he shredded that Oak defense like a surgeon. he's started off slowly in each of the past few years, and has managed to get better with time. he's looking every bit as good as he did last season

Chris Thompson - I know people think he can't possibly continue this incredible streak of maximizing his touches like that, but I think it continues. as they lean on him more a curious thing is happening - they're winning.in a make or break year for Gruden, he's going to lean on his best player - CT..

Redskins' defense looks impressive, time to buy or pluck off waiver.

S. Shepherd.

Teddy Bridgewater

Vernon Davis - if Reed's deal is season ending , Davis is the guy to own..

M Sanu - keeps chugging along , the Ole Standby - solid 9-10 ppg , every game.

Duke Johnson

Donta Foreman

sell high 

Crowell - PFF had an article about him last week, saying that he just doesn't look like his 2016 self. he's a lesser back who is only good for approx 15-40 every game..the article also went on to say that Duke Johnson is the real deal and that we should all get him now ( last week) before it's too late.seems like they hit the nail on the head. I'd be looking to sell Crowell while people still think he's a quasi bellcow RB for the Browns..the truth is he's has as good a shot as Lamar Miller does at staying the #1 back in the offenses in which they play. buy DJ and D. Foreman

Ty Montgomery - the injury is coming, he's already getting nicked up..

dare I say it, but it might be time to sell Zeke..he's averaging a paltry 3.5 ypc, hasn't looked all that good so far, and has a pending hearing on the horizon.he might miss time he might not, but if all you're going to get out of him is 3.5 yards per carry, I think you trade him and get a ton in return - while you still can. 

Ajayi - but wait for him to obliterate the Saints this weekend, first..mysteriously popping up on the injury report with a knee last week, and then sucking the life out of fantasy teams by his lack of production Vs. Jets..he might have one of those patented 200 yards games against N.O. and that's when you sell sell sell..

Ameer Abdullah 

buy

Kirk Cousins - he's back.he shredded that Oak defense like a surgeon. he's started off slowly in each of the past few years, and has managed to get better with time. he's looking every bit as good as he did last season

Chris Thompson - I know people think he can't possibly continue this incredible streak of maximizing his touches like that, but I think it continues. as they lean on him more a curious thing is happening - they're winning.in a make or break year for Gruden, he's going to lean on his best player - CT..

Redskins' defense looks impressive, time to buy or pluck off waiver.

S. Shepherd.

Teddy Bridgewater

Vernon Davis - if Reed's deal is season ending , Davis is the guy to own..

M Sanu - keeps chugging along , the Ole Standby - solid 9-10 ppg , every game.

Duke Johnson

Donta Foreman
You do realize that you can't sell high on guys that have been horrible all year, or just had the worst game of their career right?

You also can't buy low on guys that have just had their best game of their career or have started showing life.

Buy low (or go get) - Alex Collins, RB Baltimore.   Best RB on the team.  Going to get more chances week after week.  

You mean buy low as in pick him up after waivers clear?
PSA: Everyone should play in at least one 2-QB league. That is all.

I agree with Dalton as a buy-low. He (and Marvin Lewis) have an uncertain offseason ahead, but the odds of either losing their gig mid-season is very low IMO. And apart from BUF, JAC, and DEN, the secondaries he faces ROS are pretty soft.

Other 2-QB buy-low possibilities include: Winston (wait until you see how Doug Martin's return kick-starts this offense), Bradford (out of sight, out of mind, but he'll be a ROS high-end QB2), Goff (probably just average, but the small chance he could be an out of nowhere league-winner justifies the cost).

Sell high on Cam (more of a sell-low, but he's clearly not right physically), Wilson and Manning (there's only so much you can do behind God-awful OLs).

Couple of buy lows:

• RB Thomas Rawls
A forgotten man who is and has been injured but when he's healthy I think he will get  work and take over the starting job.  Then he'll be a sell high option but right now he's a buy low IMHO.

• QB DeShone  Kizer
Rookie who they are allowing to throw the ball and he is throwing  lots of INTs but has put up 'decent' yards without much to throw to.  In addition he has two rushing scores and can get yards with his legs.  I am not sure of what he is but he's putting up 'decent' fantasy numbers.

You do realize that you can't sell high on guys that have been horrible all year, or just had the worst game of their career right?

You also can't buy low on guys that have just had their best game of their career or have started showing life.
Both statements are untrue.

If a guy's value will be lower next week than it is now, and will remain lower going forward, then it's a sell high moment.  What his value was last week is irrelevant.

The reverse is true for buy low.

Couple of buy lows:

• RB Thomas Rawls
A forgotten man who is and has been injured but when he's healthy I think he will get  work and take over the starting job.  Then he'll be a sell high option but right now he's a buy low IMHO.

• QB DeShone  Kizer
Rookie who they are allowing to throw the ball and he is throwing  lots of INTs but has put up 'decent' yards without much to throw to.  In addition he has two rushing scores and can get yards with his legs.  I am not sure of what he is but he's putting up 'decent' fantasy numbers.
Rawls huh?  I've been a Rawls believer since his big breakout in 2015, but between Carson's emergence and the offensive struggles, this year things just look bleak.  Was thinking of dropping him for Alex Collins, but haven't pulled the trigger.

Rawls huh?  I've been a Rawls believer since his big breakout in 2015, but between Carson's emergence and the offensive struggles, this year things just look bleak.  Was thinking of dropping him for Alex Collins, but haven't pulled the trigger.
Well, it depends on if you need immediate results.  Is so, then go Collins but I think his ceiling is lower than Rawls so for a long-term play I prefer Rawls because if/when he hits he will produce big numbers but this is just a hunch.

Well, it depends on if you need immediate results.  Is so, then go Collins but I think his ceiling is lower than Rawls so for a long-term play I prefer Rawls because if/when he hits he will produce big numbers but this is just a hunch.
True.  My other option would be to drop Chris Johnson.  So it comes down to whether to hold onto guaranteed double-digit touches and likely moderate production in the short term with Johnson, or swing for the fences with Rawls.

Just sold Buck Allen for Moncrief. My all my other RBs, Allen was never going to play for me and I need some WR depth. With Luck getting closer to a return, Moncrief could be a nice buy low.

If you have some RB depth and looking to upgrade your RB3/potential flex play- Crowell may be a good buy low candidate. He's had 3 TDs stolen from him by Kizer/Johnson. Had he had those scores he'd be RB17 in PPR. He's faced 3 very difficult running defenses to start the season. I think if you can get him for the right price you could do a lot worse. Of course, this could be the start of his demise and he could flop- which is why I said you should get him as a RB3/potential flex. Or if you're desperate for a RB2. I think Crowell still finishes in the top 24... Currently RB 40 something in PPR

I look at this as the perfect buy low candidate. If he gets any lower he will be potential WW material. If you think he will finish higher than RB 40, you could get a bargain.
I agree he will get a TD sometime. But what makes you think Kizer won't continue to steal TDs? It smells a lot like Gurley last year - workhorse stuck behind a terrible QB on a terrible team. I think the main hope is that the D gets exponentially better once Garrett gets there, like Bosa last year. Then they can play ball control more, and he might get enough volume to help. In redraft you have to consider is his upside any higher than someone like McGuire or Collins who is on waivers? Probably not. Is his floor?

QB DeShone  Kizer

Why is he a better option than Tyrod Taylor or Brissett? They are all the same guy and you're picking the worst NFL QB at the moment, which is counter intuitive to me. I think it's likely he continues to get figured out as coaches have tape on him, and gets worse as the year goes on.

Just sold Buck Allen for Moncrief. My all my other RBs, Allen was never going to play for me and I need some WR depth. With Luck getting closer to a return, Moncrief could be a nice buy low.
Good move... I'm trying to package Cooper/Watkins for a WR upgrade to free up a spot to ADD Moncrief (short bench)

I agree he will get a TD sometime. But what makes you think Kizer won't continue to steal TDs? It smells a lot like Gurley last year - workhorse stuck behind a terrible QB on a terrible team. I think the main hope is that the D gets exponentially better once Garrett gets there, like Bosa last year. Then they can play ball control more, and he might get enough volume to help. In redraft you have to consider is his upside any higher than someone like McGuire or Collins who is on waivers? Probably not. Is his floor?
I've seen Crowell on both buy and sell lists. If he doesn't have a good game this week we'll know who got it right.

Good move... I'm trying to package Cooper/Watkins for a WR upgrade to free up a spot to ADD Moncrief (short bench)
Nothing splashy on my end, but my RBs are Hunt, Ajayi, Gordon, Martin, Carson, Henry, and Allen. He wasn't going to get into my lineup without a bunch of injuries. I needed WR help since Kupp and Agholor have been struggling since Week 1. I'll take Moncrief as my WR4.

Why is he a better option than Tyrod Taylor or Brissett? They are all the same guy and you're picking the worst NFL QB at the moment, which is counter intuitive to me. I think it's likely he continues to get figured out as coaches have tape on him, and gets worse as the year goes on.
I don't think Tyrod is a buy-low or available in most leagues as Kizer 'likely' is and Brissett isn't going to be the long term starter no matter what he does.

He has one big fantasy game based on two short TD runs on broken plays and his big passing yardage was to one WR against one toasted CB.  Other than that he has 266 yards via the air with 0 TDs and 1 INT with 22 yards on the ground with 0 TDs.  

Kizer has 3 passing TDs and 2 rushing TDs and has increased his rushing total every game from 17 to 26 to 44.  He won't be replaced.  I think he is a better option.

I haven't had the time to go into the play by play for Kizer's two touchdowns. I may have time later today to do so but I am pretty swamped.

I am curious to see if his two TDs were designed runs for him or if they were more him just trying to scramble and made a play. If it's the later then I think there's some credence to what I said regarding him getting those TDs eventually. If those are designed plays then I think we definitely need to be worried about those TDs being vultured. It seems more likely those were scramble plays, but I admit I am just taking a guess... Maybe I can find the plays that he scored on later today around lunch time...

I haven't had the time to go into the play by play for Kizer's two touchdowns. I may have time later today to do so but I am pretty swamped.

I am curious to see if his two TDs were designed runs for him or if they were more him just trying to scramble and made a play. If it's the later then I think there's some credence to what I said regarding him getting those TDs eventually. If those are designed plays then I think we definitely need to be worried about those TDs being vultured. It seems more likely those were scramble plays, but I admit I am just taking a guess... Maybe I can find the plays that he scored on later today around lunch time...
They were designed runs and he pushed it in close.  He is a 'big-body' and will be getting lots of goal line designed runs.

The Browns-D was/is also without standout LB Jamie Collins.  Both Collins and Garrett are sorely missed.  The Browns O-Line needs a lil more time to gel as they virtually had no time together in preseason and WR Corey Coleman is already gone for the year to IR so the WR corps has been shaking out.  

With a rookie QB and no receiving threats the opposition simply is loading the box and daring the Browns to beat them through the air.  Duke gets more touches in space than Crow and he is more elusive but Crow is the bell-cow and he will eventually get rolling.

Both statements are untrue.

If a guy's value will be lower next week than it is now, and will remain lower going forward, then it's a sell high moment.  What his value was last week is irrelevant.

The reverse is true for buy low.
You are right, I worded that poorly. With that said his examples are poor. 

Anyone BUYING Cooper? value keeps plummeting and Carr is out 2-6 weeks.

Bye's are starting now, maybe go after some teams in bye trouble and get someone .80 on the $

Anyone BUYING Cooper? value keeps plummeting and Carr is out 2-6 weeks.

Bye's are starting now, maybe go after some teams in bye trouble and get someone .80 on the $
I've thought about it. The hardest part is what do you give up to get him? According to the Top 200 Forward, getting Cooper for Martavis Bryant would be a fair deal. But, I'm not 100% sure I'd rather have Cooper.

I've thought about it. The hardest part is what do you give up to get him? According to the Top 200 Forward, getting Cooper for Martavis Bryant would be a fair deal. But, I'm not 100% sure I'd rather have Cooper.
I would.  Cooper has a much higher upside.  Obviously Ben doesn't look as good, Schuster is killing Bryant's opportunities, and PIT is going to run Bell into the ground when they are on the road.  I would gamble on Cooper later in year if I had the roster space to park him on my bench.  

That said, only if I can get Cooper for less than 50 cents on the dollar.

I have proposed this numerous times to the Bryant owner in my league with no luck.

Got this offered to me:  Accepted,  I guess I'm buying low on DT. (Coming off 1 catch and with a bye this week)

I get DT and Thielen.   I give Fitzgerald and Watkins.

What are you getting offered? Seems like a hold, because the value you would get in return right now would be (IMHO) way below the potential he (and the rest of the Raiders) turn it around later this season. 
No offers my way.   Trying to package him with Powell to RB starved teams with underperforming WR's (ie Cooks, Snead)

Is it too late to buy low on T.Y. Hilton? His schedule the rest of the Fantasy RS:

Oct 8SF Sun 1:00 pm

Oct 16@Ten Mon 8:30 pm

Oct 22Jax Sun 1:00 pm

Oct 29@Cin Sun 1:00 pm

Nov 5@Hou Sun 1:00 pm

Nov 12Pit Sun 1:00 pm

11BYE--------

Nov 26Ten Sun 1:00 pm

Dec 3@Jax Sun 1:00 pm

Luck will probably be back sometime in late October, probably @Cincy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm contemplating Ajayi where I can. Opened the season with three away games (if you count London) and back to back games where Miami would inexplicably go away from the run. I think Gase simplifies things and gets back to basics until this team gets some rhythm. Bonus is that he already had his bye.

Offered someone Demaryius Thomas and Cooper Kupp for A.J. Green in dynasty.

Thoughts? Good offer? 

Thoughts? Good offer? 
It's not bad at all... but it really hinges on Goff being good. If Goff is the real deal going forward Kupp is going to be a stud. He's better talentwise than Woods and could be the #2 by next year.

Is it too late to buy low on T.Y. Hilton? His schedule the rest of the Fantasy RS:

Oct 8SF Sun 1:00 pm

Oct 16@Ten Mon 8:30 pm

Oct 22Jax Sun 1:00 pm

Oct 29@Cin Sun 1:00 pm

Nov 5@Hou Sun 1:00 pm

Nov 12Pit Sun 1:00 pm

11BYE--------

Nov 26Ten Sun 1:00 pm

Dec 3@Jax Sun 1:00 pm

Luck will probably be back sometime in late October, probably @Cincy.
I'd buy low on Hilton, but I would not be counting on Luck coming back.  Brissett will need to get him the ball.

I'd buy low on Hilton, but I would not be counting on Luck coming back.  Brissett will need to get him the ball.
You don't think Luck is back starting Week 8?  Oct 29th?

I'm curious what he does in practice this week.  He's been on the sidelines the last two weeks.

Thoughts on  Rivers and Thielen  for Winston and my choice of Davante Adams or Martavius Bryant?
lol in a heartbeat.  Winston is better than Rivers by a lot, and both those WR's are in Thielens league.  I'd probably do it for Adams.

You don't think Luck is back starting Week 8?  Oct 29th?

I'm curious what he does in practice this week.  He's been on the sidelines the last two weeks.
Luck has been rumored to be a few days or weeks away from throwing again since the beginning of training camp.

Maybe at some point this season that will actually be true, but I'm not holding my breath.

flysack said:

Thoughts? Good offer? 
Should have made it two weeks ago. ;)

I think it's fair though. Decent now value in DT and ok current and promising future value in Kupp. 

This is a Buy Low sort of issue, which is why I'm posting it here. It's a followup from my earlier post above.

Standard league, double flex... guy in first place is in Bye Week Hell and is offering me Alvin Kamara for Martavis Bryant.

My Team:

QB: Rivers

WR: AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Keenan Allen, Martavis Bryant, Bruce Ellington

RB: Latavius Murray, Alex Collins, Chris Johnson, Wayne Gallman, Jacquizz Rodgers

TE: Cameron Brate, Austin Rastafarian-Jenkins :P

His:

QB: Palmer, Luck

WR: Antonio Brown, Marvin Jones, Jeremy, Maclin,Emmanuel Sanders (BYE)

RBs: Kareem Hunt, Riddick, Lacy, Tevin Coleman (BYE), Kamara (BYE)

TE: Gronk, Kyle Rudolph

Now Yahoo says the trade favors him but Yahoo is stupid. I'm trying to fleece another owner in Bye Week Hell and get TY Hilton for Bryant and Chris Johnson (David Johnson owner, has like no RBs left and for some reason hasn't played TY in 3 weeks). Which trade should I focus on? Should I accept the Kamara offer or just wait until the TY owner makes a decision?

Last edited by a moderator:
Figures. I get offered Julio but can't swing it. 

Julio/Seferian Jenkins

Hyde/Ertz

leaves me with only Zeke/Kamara at RB

we start 1RB 1Wr 1TE.  2 flex 

my WRs are OBJ DT Cooper Thielen 

Users who are viewing this thread