What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Geronimo Allison WR (1 Viewer)

If you knew for sure that Allison would garner 8 targets per game and generally no less than 6 would you start him in your flex?  BC I think that’s very realistic for him.  

If you knew for sure that Allison would garner 8 targets per game and generally no less than 6 would you start him in your flex?  BC I think that’s very realistic for him.  
I don't think eight is realistic. And I think he could easily see less than six in multiple games.

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about this guy lately. One fantasy analyst this week called him a great player. Heard others recently saying he has a bright future.......Two weeks ago he was a JAG. What's changed?

I’m in the “Callaway or Allison” boat right now, leaning more towards Callaway because of the targets. I think Allison is still too touchdown-dependent at the moment.

Allison looks like a pretty solid player, which combined with Rodgers should be productive for fantasy going forward.  He can be the #3 or even #2 most targeted player in an offense that can reliably support multiple receivers. 

Last edited by a moderator:
dahabi said:
I’m in the “Callaway or Allison” boat right now, leaning more towards Callaway because of the targets. I think Allison is still too touchdown-dependent at the moment.
Allison still sitting behind Fuller and Cole.   :hangover: :shitidunno:

dahabi said:
Cobb likely out tomorrow..GERONIMOOOOO

ahartig said:
So. If Cobb is out. Is Alison a must start? 
I don't know. I'm torn between Allison, Shep and Godwin for my flex. I think I'm going to go with Shep for the matchup upside, since I'm facing a top opponent. So I guess he's not a must start. I have some concern that GB won't need to pass that much to beat the Bills.

Your last point is a fair one: maybe in an easy win with a lead they don't need to go to the deep pass much. That gives me pause, I had been planning to play Geronimo at Flex over Agholor if Alshon suits up; now I'm unsure. 

I don't know. I'm torn between Allison, Shep and Godwin for my flex. I think I'm going to go with Shep for the matchup upside, since I'm facing a top opponent. So I guess he's not a must start. I have some concern that GB won't need to pass that much to beat the Bills.
I can see that. But the Bills looked fairly competent against the Vikings. Josh Allen moved that offense..... guess we need to wait on Cobbs status. 

He could have had a slightly bigger day without a couple drops...  At least 1 drop and another ball that should have been caught for a fairly big gain. 

Then you'll hate Allison if he's out with a concussion.
Allison suffered a concussion during Sunday's 22-0 win against the Bills, Jason Wilde of ESPN.com reports.

Spin: 

After a pass intended for him in the waning moments of the third quarter, Allison went to the locker room and didn't return, finishing with six catches (on 11 targets) for 80 yards. He'll have to proceed through the concussion protocol before gaining clearance for his next game action. At the very least, he's destined to join Randall Cobb, who didn't play Sunday due to a hamstring issue, on the Week 5 injury report. If one or both are sidelined next Sunday in Detroit, rookie Marquez Valdes-Scantling would be the next in line for targets among Packers wide receivers.

Then you'll hate Allison if he's out with a concussion.
That was last weeks post, and Allison proved the right play over Allen?.

I didn't CUT Keenan for Allison, so I'm not sure what your meaning in this was. I'll be playing KA this week, and expecting decent numbers.

What a shame he had to leave the game, it looked like he was building out a nice little role and trust with AR. This offense needs to replace what they had with Nelson, it’s been my feeling or hope that Allison could do that. Hopefully he’s back and active for a full game while Cobb is out.

What a shame he had to leave the game, it looked like he was building out a nice little role and trust with AR. This offense needs to replace what they had with Nelson, it’s been my feeling or hope that Allison could do that. Hopefully he’s back and active for a full game while Cobb is out.
That's exactly what I'm expecting when he's back. Strong hold in any league right now. I could see him approaching WR2 (hopefully) territory for ROS

Geronimo Allison (hamstring) is a game-time decision for Week 6 against the 49ers.

Coach Mike McCarthy said he'll give Allison (hamstring) and teammate Randall Cobb (hamstring) "right up until Monday's pre-game workouts" before officially declaring their statuses. McCarthy is reportedly "leaving the door open" for both to play, but it's not a certainty either will be ready by Monday night. If both are out, rookies Marquez Valdes-Scantling (7/68/1 Sunday) and Equanimeous St. Brown (3/89) will again be used in full-time roles, with MVS entering the conversation as a strong WR3. If just Allison is out, it's possible St. Brown is used more on the outside given that Valdes-Scantling has primarily been used in the slot (67%) sans Cobb the past two weeks. Both receivers are true game-time decisions.

Source: Rob Demovsky on Twitter 

Oct 13 - 11:08 AM

ESPN's Lisa Salters reports Geronimo Allison (hamstring) and Randall Cobb (hamstring) are expected to remain sidelined for Monday's game against the 49ers.

It means Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Equanimeous St. Brown and J'Mon Moore will ride again behind Davante Adams. The absence will be Allison's second straight. The Packers are on bye for Week 7, so hopefully Allison will be ready to roll against the Rams in Week 8. Valdes-Scantling is a plug-and-play WR3 for Week 6.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Oct 15 - 2:55 PM

Geronimo Allison - WR -  Packers

Geronimo Allison may need core muscle surgery.

Coach Mike McCarthy called it a "big" and "significant" injury that sounds like it could threaten the rest of Allison's season. Allison recently visited Dr. William Meyer in Philadelphia, a known expert on groin and core-muscle matters. If Allison does require a procedure, Marquez Valdes-Scantling would be further locked in as Green Bay's No. 2 wideout behind Davante Adams.

Source: Tom Silverstein on Twitter 

Nov 5 - 4:38 PM

Per ESPN he said he was full health back in March. 

I think people have forgotten he exists.  He'll be dirt cheap.  Was on Pace for over 1,000 and 8 through 4 games before the injuries. 

Per ESPN he said he was full health back in March. 

I think people have forgotten he exists.  He'll be dirt cheap.  Was on Pace for over 1,000 and 8 through 4 games before the injuries. 
You wouldn't think twice about taking him with a late 2nd in a PPR dynasty rookie draft right? Didn't realize he was balling like that! 

New coaching staff so it's probably an open committee behind Adams once they start working. Just my guess, as I've seen very little news on him despite having him on a roster.

Evan Silva‏Verified account @evansi

#Packers are flush with slot WR candidates & roles are fluid but Geronimo Allison would be an exciting fit there. Played a bunch of slot early in career & was quietly on pace for 1,156 yards after opening month last season before injuries.

5:19 AM - 29 May 2019

Packers providing hints about what to look for in 2019 season under Matt LaFleur

Slot receiver redefined

Since LaFleur was hired, he and Gutekunst have pushed back on the notion that a slot receiver has to look a certain way. Once the 90-man roster was settled heading into the OTA, the shortest of the 11 receivers was undrafted rookie Darrius Shepherd at 5-11. The other 10? Listed between 6-1 and 6-5.

“I think there’s a little bit more of a skill set you have to have in there,” Gutekunst said in March. “The ability to kind of separate and create in space. Obviously, inside there, you have to be about to hold up and take the pounding that comes with that job. So there’s probably a body type moving forward that’s able to separate and stay healthy.”

In the run-up to OTA, LaFleur helped define some of those roles with established players: Davante Adams can do it all and will.

Geronimo Allison has the short-space separative ability and can play inside...

Evan Silva‏Verified account @evansi

#Packers are flush with slot WR candidates & roles are fluid but Geronimo Allison would be an exciting fit there. Played a bunch of slot early in career & was quietly on pace for 1,156 yards after opening month last season before injuries.

5:19 AM - 29 May 2019

Packers providing hints about what to look for in 2019 season under Matt LaFleur
Not really a big fan of you injecting your opinion by bolding snippets that stand out to you.

Users who are viewing this thread