What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFL - owners quitting due to NFL Boycott (1 Viewer)

Kid_kong

Footballguy
I had two owners decide to boycott the NFL and by extension FFL. The political situation drove them to this decision. Are there other FBG's in this situation?  It's a 12 team redraft. Should we simply drop the two teams and release their rosters to waivers or try to replace?

Does anyone have an opinion on how to handle these guys?  It's a friends league so not looking for nuclear option  

I'd kick em in the balls and tell them to man up.

They still played despite the protests BEFORE last week, but now it's not ok since more players are protesting? 

I had two owners decide to boycott the NFL and by extension FFL. The political situation drove them to this decision. Are there other FBG's in this situation?  It's a 12 team redraft. Should we simply drop the two teams and release their rosters to waivers or try to replace?

Does anyone have an opinion on how to handle these guys?  It's a friends league so not looking for nuclear option  
You sure?

A good friend of mine is irate. Was texting me yesterday that he's benching his team for the rest of the yr. I doubt he will once he cools off but he may

Anyway, I guess in your situation that'd be the best way to handle.it imo. Basically everyone that plays him gets a forfeit win :shrug:

I wouldn't be in favor of his players going into the FA pool because teams only  have a few studs at best and only a few lucky owners would be able to add them

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a buy-in league, and have they already paid?  If so, I'd try to find an owner interested taking over with a zero risk chance to win some dough.

I'd try to find 2 new managers to take over those teams.  If you can do that--problem solved.   If you cannot find them--then whoever the commish is should set their weekly lineups to whoever is projected to get them the highest point totals.  If either of those teams ends up winning a prize--that prize shoudl be divided amongst the 10  remaining owners. Either way--this is probably more of a shark pool forum question. 

do you have photos of their wives or mothers you can share (or may wives mothers?)  That will help with the decisions process.

They paid. I posted this in the looking for league forum. There isn't a whole lot of time to find someone. 
I would make that the selling point then.  Make clear to the departing owners that they won't get their money back, and they have forfeited their right to the pot.  Then post on FB or wherever that you have two teams already paid for that need replacement owners.  All winnings, if any, will go to them, and they don't have to pay a dime.

I misread the thread title and momentarily hoped that Dan Snyder and Jerry Richardson were giving up their franchises.

But I guess my suggestion is to find owners in the future with better grasps of principles.

A good friend of mine is irate. Was texting me yesterday that he's benching his team for the rest of the yr. I doubt he will once he cools off but he may

Anyway, I guess in your situation that'd be the best way to handle.it imo. Basically everyone that plays him gets a forfeit win :shrug:

I wouldn't be in favor of his players going into the FA pool because teams only  have a few studs at best and only a few lucky owners would be able to add them
:lmao:

That'll show those millionaires, they won't like riding the bench in your imaginary football league.

what are people irate/boycotting about? Players kneeling/linking arms/staying in the locker room for the anthem?

Several guys in one of my leagues were really outspoken about Kaep while we were waiting for the draft to start.  Broad consensus that he should probably be exiled from the country.

Of course nobody refused to draft the Seattle D (Bennett) or any actual rostered, productive players based on these rigid principles.

They paid. I posted this in the looking for league forum. There isn't a whole lot of time to find someone. 
I would manage a team if it helps. I actually regretted not joining a cheap league i was invited into. If they came to their senses and wanted back in and you guys were ok with that i would happily return control. 

What a bunch of weirdos might i add.

We had two people quit early because nobody would hire Kaepernick.  We just replaced them.  Not too hard given they had already paid.

Weird times.

I'd try to find 2 new managers to take over those teams.  If you can do that--problem solved.   If you cannot find them--then whoever the commish is should set their weekly lineups to whoever is projected to get them the highest point totals.  If either of those teams ends up winning a prize--that prize shoudl be divided amongst the 10  remaining owners. Either way--this is probably more of a shark pool forum question. 
This is pretty good. If this is a dynasty or keeper league, I'd probably request that the new owners commit to next year by ponying up some percentage of the league fee good for next year.

I'd also make sure the guys leaving know that bailing on their commitment and screwing over their friends is their decision, but that they won't be getting their money back and won't ever be allowed back in the league.

Better schtick would have been to cut the players on the roster that took knees, and pick up Alejandro Villanueva as the new RB1.

we had a quit in our league too, a member of long standing. this was his resignation note:

sorry to leave all of you hanging in the league, but I'm done with the nfl, including fantasy sports. I watched 3 games last year and that will be 3 more games than I watch this year. they want to boycott my anthem, then I will boycott them completely. I wish all of you the best in life.

I drafted Mixon in our league and of course someone commented how they couldn't own a player that hits a woman.

I'd look to find new owners, which represents a problem. If you could share the rosters of the two players leaving I might be interested. 

If replacing both owners is impossible, you need to drop to 10 teams and lock the players on their teams or at least the studs as to avoid creating an imbalance.

also, the F in FFL is for Fantasy.  so much nonsense going on in the real world, I think we all need more F and less R.

I drafted Mixon in our league and of course someone commented how they couldn't own a player that hits a woman.
Shoot I would draft Hitler if he was alive and could put up 24 fantasy points a week. 

My imaginary football team doesn't need to be a reflection of my views and morals, just win me some games. 

I will gladly take over a team and fill it with guys that have been convicted of domestic violence and DUI's.   

I would say, "Listen, if you are going to bail on this fantasy league because of stuff in the real world and leave us all hanging, just know there's no coming back. I won't have you in one of my leagues ever again. We can still be friends and hangout, but I'm not having you in my league again."

Users who are viewing this thread