What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade isn't really in my favor,but does the RB upgrade make it worthwile (1 Viewer)

CorumMc

Footballguy
Odell, Watkins and Fournette for his L Bell, Doug Baldwin and Randall Cobb

I'm 2-1, he's 0-3. Player-wise it is in his favor a bit. But the Rams' schedule gets tough from here and RBs generally score more points over the season than WRs.

Is it worth it? I tend to be unlucky with my players gained from trades. Bell could continue to struggle and other than the one game the Seattle offense has been crap.  

I was looking for a trade that was more fair than not for both sides. This will boost his team but I'm hoping the RB upgrade will help mine more than the WR downgrade. 

.33 PPR (useless I know, not my points system)
QB: Dak Prescott,  
RB: Leonard Fournette, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson, Theo Riddick, Wendell Smallwood,
WR: Antonio Brown, ODell Beckham, T.Y. Hilton, Sammy Watkins,
TE: Jordan Reed, Jimmy Graham,
K: Justin Tucker,
DST: Steelers, Chiefs

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a friend. I didn't feel it hurt me that badly and it gave his team a boost. If Bell scores the way he should I think it will balance out. I'm a Giants fan but their offense is crap and will only get worse. Odell is heading towards a meltdown at some point. 

Add to that the Rams' schedule moving forward. Both Fournette and Watkins are likely to drop in scoring. 

He's a friend.
Okay, he's a friend you want to help out, do whatever you want. Who am I to judge?

But, if you want an honest breakdown of the trade? You're giving up way, way too much. Even in a gimped PPR league like yours, Odell is pretty much equal to Bell because Bell's value is also tied up in the amount of targets and receptions he earns. Only DJ had more targets and receptions as a back last year. You're a little ahead on that deal, but it's fair enough to be 1-for-1 or maybe a small (like Riddick or Smallwood) throw in. Next you have Fournette. He's almost assuredly a Top 15, maybe even Top 10 back based on volume alone this season. The Jags are going to play keep-the-ball-out-of-Blake-Bortle's-hands-as-much-as-humanly-possible ball this year and just lean on that defense and run game to chew clock. Neither Cobb nor Baldwin come close to being as valuable. Again, their value is mostly PPR inflated which doesn't do much in your league. Straight value-wise, they'd be a 2-for-1 for Fournette imo. That means you're giving him Watkins for free. And you keep going on about the Rams schedule like they are playing a who's who of defensive juggernauts for the rest of the season. They have one of the easier schedules this season, their offense is much improved and Sammy Watkins is the lifeblood of that passing attack. Their youth is going to make plenty of mistakes this season and they're going to falter plenty, and yes, they have a few games against good defenses, but they are going to be in games way more often than not and when they're not they are going to be forced to keep throwing it. In a league that rewards yardage and TDs way more than receptions, I'd rather have Watkins over Baldwin or Cobb any game this season. Maybe not Cobb depending on Adam's situation going forward but with Adams in there, Cobb is the clear 3rd target. You seem to forget Watkins has been on that team for less than 2 months, learning a very complicated offensive scheme. He's only going to get more comfortable and more productive going forward, not less.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that you're now pretty much tying your success to Bell/Brown every game going forward and that Pittsburgh offense has not looked like itself as of late.

upgrade from fournette to bell does not seem as much as the downgrade in the WRs, though I agree that the starting requirements might make a difference (number of WR and flex).

2 RB, 2 WR and a Flex in a .33 PPR. 

I didn't intend it to be in my favor. I wanted to boost the league overall by helping the last place team without hindering myself very much. I felt I still had one of the top 2 teams in the league after the trade. 

Points earned by the starters in the trade (Bell, Baldwin for me and Fournette, ODBJ and Watkins for him) worked in his favor this past week and put him in the leading scoring position for the week, while still leaving me in second place in scoring. My record is 4-1 and he was able to earn his first win. 

Unfortunately then ODBJ's injury happened. I felt bad, yet very lucky at the same time. 

Edit: I also forgot to mention that you're now pretty much tying your success to Bell/Brown every game going forward and that Pittsburgh offense has not looked like itself as of late.
Can't argue with this at all. Though the Giants were a dumpster fire waiting to happen (even without the injury ODBJ had a towel on his face balling like an idiot). The Fournette thing is a loss but the Jags aren't any more reliable in general than the Steelers have been bad this year. At least the Steelers have a record of slow starts then picking things up and those players tend to get their points even when the team is down like last year. 

Users who are viewing this thread