What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm Starting _______ Over A. Cooper (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
Anyone who owns Cooper is in a pinch this week. Rotten matchup at Denver. Coopers last 4 games against Denver poor ro mediocre. Making matters even worse, Crabtree is hurt...would make it easy to completely erase Cooper.

i can't find a single reason to start Cooper. 

I'm finding several "what the heck flex" types more appealing - Funchess, B. Marshall, C. Brate, J. Charles to name a few?

How deep is everyone digging this week?

Anyone who owns Cooper is in a pinch this week. Rotten matchup at Denver. Coopers last 4 games against Denver poor ro mediocre. Making matters even worse, Crabtree is hurt...would make it easy to completely erase Cooper.

i can't find a single reason to start Cooper. 

I'm finding several "what the heck flex" types more appealing - Funchess, B. Marshall, C. Brate, J. Charles to name a few?

How deep is everyone digging this week?
With Crabtree out would this be a reason to start Cooper that you seem to be dismissing?

Debating Tyrell Williams but whenever I do something like that it ends up not working out. Love those Chargers receivers tomorrow though.

I'm thinking he would get bracketed big time. Maybe more targets but I can't imagine he'd be very efficient with them.

Keeping him in over Kearse and Wallace. Not a stretch really. Though I actually think Amari is in for a decent stat line. 

Amari hasn’t fared real well in the 4 games he’s played against Denver:

6-56-0 tds

4-39-1

4-47-0

0-0-0

I’ve invested heavily in him this year and have him in 4 leagues.  I’m sitting him for Marshall in 1 league, as I can see the Giants having a lot of success through the air in what could be a high scoring game.  I’m playing Amari over Garcon in another league as I believe Peterson will be shadowing Garcon a lot.  In the last 2 I have to decide between Amari and Desean Jackson.  I am leaning on starting Jackson.  Last weeks game at Washington was brutal, and with Crabtree out, I have to believe the Broncos will focus more attention to containing Amari.  

I can't imagine starting a clearly inferior player like Funchess over him. 

Some of these other ones I can understand until he starts putting up better numbers and this being a difficult match up.

I can't imagine starting a clearly inferior player like Funchess over him. 

Some of these other ones I can understand until he starts putting up better numbers and this being a difficult match up.
On top of it not being a great matchup, his non involvement in the game plan last week was also alarming.  He spent the majority of his snaps lined up across from Breeland, yet only received 5 targets with 1 catch for 6 yards.  That matchup should have produced 12 or more targets in my opinion.  Anyway, I think he will bounce back soon, but this doesn’t feel like the week for it.  

On top of it not being a great matchup, his non involvement in the game plan last week was also alarming.  He spent the majority of his snaps lined up across from Breeland, yet only received 5 targets with 1 catch for 6 yards.  That matchup should have produced 12 or more targets in my opinion.  Anyway, I think he will bounce back soon, but this doesn’t feel like the week for it.  
He has been really bad so far catching only 43% of his targets over 3 games. I am not entirely sure why. 

Reading the Raiders thread it seems the whole team played bad in the most recent game vs Washington.

I have to think Cooper turns it around at some point though and perhaps surprises against the Broncos. 

He is the most targeted player on the team averaging 7.7 targets per game over 3 games. I would expect him to exceed this average this week as it seems unlikely that Crabtree will play.

He has a career catch rate of 58% at this point and so I would expect him to return to this average over the course of the season. I guess he has had some drops. I haven't seen the Raiders play yet though so not sure what else may be wrong with this connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sold on the idea but considering Marvin Jones or Brandon Marshall over him. 

I'm leaning Marshall vs a hurting TB Def and I hope the targets he rec'd last week is trending (11 with 8 receptions) and with no running game, NYG will hopefully air it out.  Jones may be going up against Xavier Rhodes

I’m starting Cooper over Zay Jones, Corey Davis and Josh Gordon. That’s my bench so yeah starting Cooper

FWIW, both Dodds and Tremblay INCREASED their projections for Cooper.

Dodds has Cooper for 6-69 with a 50% chance at a TD.

FWIW, both Dodds and Tremblay INCREASED their projections for Cooper.

Dodds has Cooper for 6-69 with a 50% chance at a TD.
Starting to wonder if I put him back in at flex over Gore/Blount/Abdullah as they are going to have to pass to someone and I doubt they get abused like last week again. 

My 9 year old is adamant about starting him over TY Hilton, Alshon Jeffrey, and Adam Thielen...  FWIW. 

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Amari Cooper spent "extra time" with Derek Carr at practice this week to try and work through his drop issues.

He leads the NFL in drops through three weeks, with four of his six miscues coming against the Titans in Week 1. Cooper also committed a league-high 18 drops as a rookie in 2015, though he cut down on his mistakes during a breakout sophomore season (only four drops). The former fourth overall pick faces a difficult matchup against Denver's elite secondary this week, though he should be in for a big workload with Michael Crabtree (chest) sidelined.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Right now I have Quizz Rodgers at flex over Cooper. As a Giants fan I've seen and heatd plenty enough about the defenses tendency to give up big runs. I wish I didn't have to go this route, but these last 2 weeks have been brutal. With news of Crabtree sitting out I am not sure that really will help Cooper considering who Denver has at CB.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Amari Cooper spent "extra time" with Derek Carr at practice this week to try and work through his drop issues.

He leads the NFL in drops through three weeks, with four of his six miscues coming against the Titans in Week 1. Cooper also committed a league-high 18 drops as a rookie in 2015, though he cut down on his mistakes during a breakout sophomore season (only four drops). The former fourth overall pick faces a difficult matchup against Denver's elite secondary this week, though he should be in for a big workload with Michael Crabtree (chest) sidelined.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
At least he is working to fix the issue

With Crabtree being out, does this hurt or help A. Cooper?

Are you adjusting your projections on Cooper at all?

With Crabtree being out, does this hurt or help A. Cooper?

Are you adjusting your projections on Cooper at all?
Helps but I have low confidence in his ability to help fantasy teams today. Hopefully you can get others to score some points 

Users who are viewing this thread