What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Something's gotta change....this is ridiculous (1 Viewer)

wheeleke

Footballguy
Play in a 10-team, 2-QB, .5 PPR league. It's one thing to feel a bit unlucky after losing David Johnson with my first overall pick but the inconsistency of my team is killing me. I will move to 1-3 on the season after this weekend and in a league that starts 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex (WR/RB/TE), DEF, and K, I am averaging barely over 100 points a game (when I'm projected to score 125-130 points every week. My roster is:

QB - Trevor Siemian, Philip Rivers, Kirk Cousins, DeShone Kizer; RB - David Johnson, Jay Ajayi, James White, Tarik Cohen, Derrick Henry; WR - Michael Thomas, Stefon Diggs, Golden Tate, Corey Davis; TE - Jimmy Graham; DEF - Jacksonville; K - Ryan Succop

I feel like my team "should" be solid but the guys that should be putting up numbers (Ajayi, Thomas, Graham) aren't. Do I make any moves here via trade or just keep an eye on waivers with all the QB/RB injuries and the bye weeks coming up. 1-3 isn't an end to the season by any means but after winning the first game of the year, I will lose 3 straight. Thanks. Will be happy to answer your posts in return. Just leave a link.

Any help here? Might want to move Ajayi here. Considering moving Ajayi and DeShone Kizer to a team for Doug Martin and Dez Bryant.

Their team:

QB: Dalton, Prescott

RB: Chris Carson, Wendell Smallwood, Doug Martin, Ameer Abdullah, Tevin Coleman

WR: Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Dez Bryant, DeVante Parker, Marquise Lee

TE: Delanie Walker

DEF: Atlanta

K: Prater

You would be giving up a Ajayi who has never been consistent but has had occasional weeks where he will win your week for you. Since he has lost Carson and only has 2 QB's he might be more desperate than you think. I would offer up Rivers and Ajayi for Martin and AJ Green instead. In your 2 QB league he'll value Rivers more than Kizer and you could end up with a much better receiver than Dez. (I'd actually give up any of your QB's to make the deal).

You would be giving up a Ajayi who has never been consistent but has had occasional weeks where he will win your week for you. Since he has lost Carson and only has 2 QB's he might be more desperate than you think. I would offer up Rivers and Ajayi for Martin and AJ Green instead. In your 2 QB league he'll value Rivers more than Kizer and you could end up with a much better receiver than Dez. (I'd actually give up any of your QB's to make the deal).
Yeah, although the problem is not knowing for sure if the Bucs will actually hand the reins to Martin. What about offering Tarik Cohen to the owner that just lost Dalvin Cook for Amari Cooper? Doesn't necessarily help my RB issue but waivers will help this week. His lineup is:

QB - Palmer, Matt Ryan, Tyrod Taylor

RB - Elliott, Cook, Hunt

WR - Hogan, Keenan Allen, Cooper, Martavis, Snead, Maclin

TE - Engram, Ertz

K - Walsh

DEF - Green Bay

What about offering Tate, Cohen for Bryant, Cooper?

Yeah, although the problem is not knowing for sure if the Bucs will actually hand the reins to Martin. What about offering Tarik Cohen to the owner that just lost Dalvin Cook for Amari Cooper? Doesn't necessarily help my RB issue but waivers will help this week. His lineup is:

QB - Palmer, Matt Ryan, Tyrod Taylor

RB - Elliott, Cook, Hunt

WR - Hogan, Keenan Allen, Cooper, Martavis, Snead, Maclin

TE - Engram, Ertz

K - Walsh

DEF - Green Bay

What about offering Tate, Cohen for Bryant, Cooper?
Nope. I'd rather have Keenan Allen than Amari-especially with Carr's injury but I don't see how either of those trade really help yo out.

Yeah. It's like trading inconsistency for inconsistency. Figured it be a good buy-low opportunity for Cooper if anything.

I don't have a problem with buying low on Cooper. He's got some juicy matchups coming up and has a nice playoff stretch as well. His drops early this season are worrisome, especially after it seemed like he fixed that problem last year. Still, I don't think that helps you much, if at all, even if he does start to play up to his potential.

I think I'd rather have Martin if you can make that trade work somehow. I know he's not a guarantee, but really, is anyone before the season starts? Zeke wasn't supposed to be playing, David Johnson was supposed to be tearing up FF leagues, and Kareem Hunt was who again? The point is, sometimes you just have to make educated guesses and gambles. Martin is a good bet. If you've ever played poker you know that a good bet does not equal a sure thing. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make the bet at all.

I don't have a problem with buying low on Cooper. He's got some juicy matchups coming up and has a nice playoff stretch as well. His drops early this season are worrisome, especially after it seemed like he fixed that problem last year. Still, I don't think that helps you much, if at all, even if he does start to play up to his potential.

I think I'd rather have Martin if you can make that trade work somehow. I know he's not a guarantee, but really, is anyone before the season starts? Zeke wasn't supposed to be playing, David Johnson was supposed to be tearing up FF leagues, and Kareem Hunt was who again? The point is, sometimes you just have to make educated guesses and gambles. Martin is a good bet. If you've ever played poker you know that a good bet does not equal a sure thing. That doesn't mean you shouldn't make the bet at all.
What about this trade offer and then I think I'll leave this alone:

Their team:

QB: Dalton, Prescott

RB: Chris Carson, Wendell Smallwood, Doug Martin, Ameer Abdullah, Tevin Coleman

WR: Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Dez Bryant, DeVante Parker, Marquise Lee

TE: Delanie Walker

DEF: Atlanta

K: Prater

I would offer Philip Rivers, Trevor Siemian, and Golden Tate for Dak Prescott, Doug Martin, and Dez Bryant.

If you're trying to avoid inconsistency then you want no part of Amari Cooper.  That dude is the definition of boom or bust.  Beginning to think his hands are turning to stone as well.  Evans has managed to overcome an early career case of the drops, so there's hope for Cooper but that offense is so inconsistent he'd be a tough trust in a buy-low. 

If you can get him to agree to that last deal (Rivers siemian Tate for Dak Doug Dez), absolutely I'd jump all over that.  You're not losing much if at all at QB for a big boost at RB. 

If you can get him to agree to that last deal (Rivers siemian Tate for Dak Doug Dez), absolutely I'd jump all over that.
This, although he's not exactly swimming in RBs so I have a hard time believing he'd want to give up Martin without getting any RB in return. But yeah, if he's willing, do it. 

I would offer Philip Rivers, Trevor Siemian, and Golden Tate for Dak Prescott, Doug Martin, and Dez Bryant.
If you can get this guy to accept I would do it as fast as you can but I can't see anybody accepting that offer.  This is a very lopsided offer in your favor. 

The owner is just going to punt Week 6. Both of his starting QBs are on bye and then he doesn't have to worry about QB bye weeks rest of season....then he doesn't have to bother with rostering a 3rd QB.

Users who are viewing this thread