Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
Disposable Hero

Trade advice?

Question

Trade Brady/Hyde for Cousins/D.Martin/D.Thomas? It's a 1/2 point ppr. I also have Palmer, a slew of crappy RB's and Evans/Hogan/Cooper/Ju Ju/ Mike Williams. Leave a link and I'll answer yours.

***I should add I also have Palmer as a backup qb.

Edited by Disposable Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Yup, I'd make the trade.  A Top 10QB from last season in Cousins with unlimited weapons that haven't even got going yet really.  (Pryor, Doctson, Crowder getting more looks now, Reed/Big Vern, Grant who plays every WR position so he's a great insurance play across their WR board).  Doctson alone may make Cousins worth it if he starts getting more consistent looks.  His catch radius should only help cousins.  You have consistent running with every style in Thompson on dumps and Perine/Kelly up the middle.  Redskins bye is past, you get this game vs. San Fran at home to showcase him.

Then you bring in a Fresh Doug Martin with no one behind him to steal carries and they've already had their bye too.  TB gets all Def starters back this week and still seem like they haven't got it fully going yet either.  DJax goes down, you bring in Godwin and they probably get better  Teams get in rhythm later in the season and TB just seems like the team that will take off.

With Brady's reduced weapons now and dink and dunk style, I'd put him and Counsins on par, then you could be upgrading your RB in Martin and you add a top WR in Thomas and they've all had their byes already.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1

I wouldn't pull the trigger. You lose arguably the best QB in fantasy. That alone makes me take pause. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I don't like there trade either.  Brady is way above Cousins. Martin and Hyde are similar. D Thomas had not been great so far. I would want a higher end receiver with Cousins and Martin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, dfine1966 said:

I don't like there trade either.  Brady is way above Cousins. Martin and Hyde are similar. D Thomas had not been great so far. I would want a higher end receiver with Cousins and Martin. 

My fear is Hyde becomes an afterthought. I do have Breida though. I like Martin more than Hyde and I agree Brady is way above Cousins. DT is a throw in but I,lost Beckham so was looking to fill some void with another WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I wouldn't do this trade.  Brady is the best player in the deal.  I like getting the best player in the trade not giving it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Stay put.  Your basically downgrading big time at QB, maintaining or getting slightly worse at RB and getting a WR2 in return.  I don't think the steep downgrade at QB is worth a WR2.  

If you dont have sufficient RBs behind Hyde..try an look for a 2-1 there...Hyde for a couple guys like Coleman/Mixon/Howard/Thompson/Montgomery or Sanders/Hill/Cooks/Baldwin/Tate/Fitz...Not an exhaustive list, just to give you an idea of the right range that would make sense in a 2-1 with Hyde.

Input on this thread would be appreciated: https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761536-trade-help-mixon-for-montgomery-cohen/

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I would make that trade. I understand Cousins isn't Brady, but Hyde will disappoint all season. I have Hyde and would love to move him. Either he is now stuck in a RBBC or gets hurt or loses his job. Martin had his job outright and will put up numbers in that offense. Thomas will help round out your roster. Brady is putting up 5-6 points more per game than Cousins. Not a huge downgrade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Do you need an extra WR? (Do you start 2 or 3?). That would make the difference for me. I think the RB upgrade makes up for the QB downgrade. If you play 3 WR's I would do this for sure. if it's only 2 then it's a lot closer to a wash and depends on your preferences (Personally I would probably keep Brady in that case)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

What place are you in? If you're still in the middle or lower, I would hold tight. I think the Brady dropoff to Cousins might be more than you think, but if you need to jolt your team by bringing in a 3rd WR because Cooper still isn't "finding the ball" then I think it'd be ok. I'd start by understanding first what you're mostly doing and also if you're handing the team in 1st place Brady as well.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761544-ppr-te2-ros/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 minutes ago, TheKillerBrees said:

Do you need an extra WR? (Do you start 2 or 3?). That would make the difference for me. I think the RB upgrade makes up for the QB downgrade. If you play 3 WR's I would do this for sure. if it's only 2 then it's a lot closer to a wash and depends on your preferences (Personally I would probably keep Brady in that case)

We start 3 WR's. No flex.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This trade doesn't excite me. I prefer Brady by a lot over Cousins and although I like Martin better than Hyde, Thomas and the Denver passing attack have been pedestrian. But, with all that said, I do wonder if TB will last the season. He is getting hit a lot. It's harder to get up when you're 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, downsouth said:

I would make that trade. I understand Cousins isn't Brady, but Hyde will disappoint all season. I have Hyde and would love to move him. Either he is now stuck in a RBBC or gets hurt or loses his job. Martin had his job outright and will put up numbers in that offense. Thomas will help round out your roster. Brady is putting up 5-6 points more per game than Cousins. Not a huge downgrade. 

I agree.   Little concerned with all the hits Brady is taking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Do you start 2rb/3wr or 2/2 and flex?  It's a fair trade - but the upside of Brady is so comforting.  DT may not even be an upgrade at WR3 if Amari makes any kind of a comeback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
55 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Do you start 2rb/3wr or 2/2 and flex?  It's a fair trade - but the upside of Brady is so comforting.  DT may not even be an upgrade at WR3 if Amari makes any kind of a comeback.

2 RB and 3 wr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Disposable Hero said:

2 RB and 3 wr

I wouldn't feel great about it, but would probably do it - with the idea I minimize risk and spread opportunity to outperform.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
16 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I wouldn't feel great about it, but would probably do it - with the idea I minimize risk and spread opportunity to outperform.  

I also have Palmer as well if that makes a difference?

Edited by Disposable Hero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Disposable Hero said:

I also have Palmer ad well if that makes a difference?

Doesn't hurt ...but doesn't help that much either.  AZ doesn't have a great schedule ROS for QBs. His best is this week and you are going to want to use Cousins this week.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I do prefer Martin to Hyde, especially with Hyde's injury risk.  I'm not that sold on Cousins - he has one of the toughest schedules in the league down the stretch.  What other QB does he have or is available on the WW?  One nice thing about the trade is all 3 players you are getting are done with their Bye, and neither of the ones you are sending is.  Demaryius is also a decent WR3.

If Martin does turn into an RB10 while Hyde is maybe RB20, and there are decent QB options on the WW, I would lean towards taking it.  Maybe you can get a little sweetener by upgrading one of your junk players at RB or another position for somebody decent but not exciting on his roster.  Like an RB35 for an RB25 or something like that.

here's mine

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/761566-wr-help-this-week-and-ros-whir/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Who are your other "crappy slew of RBs"? Are TDs 4 pts. or 6 pts.? Do you receive bonus points for yardage? On the surface, Brady/Hyde sounds better even if the quality depth of Cousins, Martin, and D. Thomas looks good. I would try and examine avg. pts. per game by your QBs. In our league where TDs are 4 pts., Brady is averaging 4 1/2 points better per game than Cousins. Cousins is a slow starter and will come along as the season progresses. I like Martin this season. You don't need a ton of WR depth so Thomas seems like a throw-in. I wonder what the other team's WR group is like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, wheeleke said:

Who are your other "crappy slew of RBs"? Are TDs 4 pts. or 6 pts.? Do you receive bonus points for yardage? On the surface, Brady/Hyde sounds better even if the quality depth of Cousins, Martin, and D. Thomas looks good. I would try and examine avg. pts. per game by your QBs. In our league where TDs are 4 pts., Brady is averaging 4 1/2 points better per game than Cousins. Cousins is a slow starter and will come along as the season progresses. I like Martin this season. You don't need a ton of WR depth so Thomas seems like a throw-in. I wonder what the other team's WR group is like. 

RB's are Gilislee, Allen, Collins, Powell, McGuire, Breida. Pass TD's are 3 points, bonus for yardage over 250 pass yards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Okay, so TDs are devalued and bonus for yardage. I would find with Cousins rushing ability and occasional TD vulturing in the red zone, that he won't lose much ground to Brady. Getting Martin will at least give you a guy who's getting consistent touches as a primary ballcarrier. I would see if there's some other value you can get in the trade other than demaryius thomas if possible. Maybe another RB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, wheeleke said:

Okay, so TDs are devalued and bonus for yardage. I would find with Cousins rushing ability and occasional TD vulturing in the red zone, that he won't lose much ground to Brady. Getting Martin will at least give you a guy who's getting consistent touches as a primary ballcarrier. I would see if there's some other value you can get in the trade other than demaryius thomas if possible. Maybe another RB?

He also has M. Thomas, Fitz, Bryant, Amendola at WR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, wheeleke said:

If it's Dez, shoot for him. He has enough value that you could keep him and sell high on Chris Hogan for another RB.

Worth a try. My other option is to counter with Brady and Gilislee for his original offer. I like Hyde more than Gilislee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I probably wouldn't do it because I don't think Martin is any more reliable than Hyde at this point.  Although Hyde is trending the wrong way but is still the #1 Back there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.