What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Roy Halladay plane crash? (1 Viewer)

:(

I'm 34, and easily my favorite Phillie to watch when he played in my lifetime, even though his career in Philly was only a few years. Amazing when on and tough as nails competitor, RIP and T&P to his family.

So sad.  Feel awful for his family.  RIP to one of the greats who seemed like a genuinely great guy too. :(

Saw him pitch so many times.

I am 43, combined with Gord Downie that is both a sports and entertainment icon from my 20s that has passed recently. 

:cry:

Normal flow of a game, pitching coach goes out to talk to the pitcher, get him through an inning and give the pen a little more time to warm up. Manager goes out next inning or so to change pitchers. No stat for this, but what I loved the most about Roy as a Phillie was when Manuel would walk out, and Roy would stare him or tell him off the mound and he'd remain in the game. Then proceed to get out of the inning. Man, his starts were like Eagles games to me excitement-wise. Easily my favorite Phillie ever.

Top ten B-R comps

1. Zack Greinke (922.4)
  2. Dwight Gooden (920.2)
  3. Justin Verlander (909.8)
  4. Ron Guidry (898.0)
  5. Jimmy Key (894.1)
  6. Dazzy Vance (890.3) *
  7. Roy Oswalt (887.5)
  8. Bret Saberhagen (883.4)
  9. Tim Hudson (882.5)
  10. Lon Warneke (880.7)
Excluding the active guys, Halladay seemed different from a bunch of the other pitchers on the list.  He was a more consistent horse than Guidry, Saberhagen or the other Doc, and the furthest thing from a crafty lefty like Jimmy Key.  The low similarity scores indicate how rare his talent and record were. 

It does seems strange to refer to him in the past tense.  He seemed indestructible until his back problems started.

Not going to post it, but TMZ obtained and published a video of him going up and down very close to the water shot by surfers that stops before the imminent crash, where I assume he finally caught the water.

mquinnjr said:
Not going to post it, but TMZ obtained and published a video of him going up and down very close to the water shot by surfers that stops before the imminent crash, where I assume he finally caught the water.

I can’t believe I watched it. The one i seen continued until they got to the wreck and circled it a couple times with another boat or two. Really disturbing. :cry:  

I think it's already plenty tough on the family.  The circumstances only matter to the FAA and people on the Internet.

Halladay's baseball career returned generational wealth so it's not like their family's finances depend on a life insurance payout.

I think it's already plenty tough on the family.  The circumstances only matter to the FAA and people on the Internet.

Halladay's baseball career returned generational wealth so it's not like their family's finances depend on a life insurance payout.
Very true.  

Just saw something on the news though about that plane.  An experienced pilot was saying that is one of the easiest planes ever created to fly..but that it gives inexperienced pilots a false sense of security at how the plane will respond.

Users who are viewing this thread