What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Move Miller for Burfict? (1 Viewer)

icemic

Footballguy
Need some help with a trade.  I have Lamar Miller on contract through next year.  My team is 6-3 and will likely make the playoffs, but I don’t think I have a very good shot at winning it all.  I’m looking to sell Miller before he falls off a cliff.  I have been offered Vontaze Burfict who is in a contract through 2019 and a 2020 2nd round rookie pick.  I know Burfict has plenty of issues, but when he’s on the field I think he is a top 5 LB with big scoring upside.  I also have Nick Vigil which could be seen as Insurance for Burfict.  The problem is, if I move Miller, it leaves me pretty thin at RB with Duke Johnson, Crowell, Burkhead and DeAndre Washington (16 team .5 ppr).  But I’m not too confident Miller is going to be much better than those guys moving forward.  Thoughts?

I wouldn't make the move.  Burfict is too big of a headache to own as he can be suspended for multiple games at any time due to his stupidity and he does have a long injury history (including some concussions).  I am not opposed to moving MIller in a deal for all the reasons you mentioned but I am not a fan of Burfict and don't like the baggage.  There are other equal LB's without those issues that you can probably also acquire for a top 15 RB right now. 

Just realize if you move Miller you are most likely punting this season based on your RB issues.  Remember the point is to win titles so if you are in the playoffs you always have a shot.  You never know what will happen.  I would probably keep Miller and see what I can do this year.

Users who are viewing this thread