What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2018 World Cup thread (and Drinking Guide) (7 Viewers)

Not enough offense imo, maybe if they were allowed substations like hockey
People IMHO are just too ignorant. They don't want to learn the rules and the game. I remember until I started learning about all the rules inside and out of the game I wasn't a huge fan. NBA for me has quickly go downhill for me. Too much diving, missed calls, super teams forming are boring, lack of team play 

And Croatia Scores!!!!

People IMHO are just too ignorant. They don't want to learn the rules and the game. I remember until I started learning about all the rules inside and out of the game I wasn't a huge fan. NBA for me has quickly go downhill for me. Too much diving, missed calls, super teams forming are boring, lack of team play 

And Croatia Scores!!!!
Instant replay should be used to end diving in every sport

Yeah, like a straight red 
The NHL was gonna enforce diving but then I think Bettman realized his Boyfriend Crosby was the biggest offender and I haven't seen much of a call since being implemented. Red Card them in Soccer, Double Tech to the same player for diving in NBA 2 FTs and the ball, NFL PF 15 yards. I just laugh at people though who complain about not liking Soccer because of the diving yet at huge NBA fans. Like Pot Meet Kettle much? 

It truly bothers me that everyone attributes the “Take the L” dance to Fortnite without mentioning it’s clearly Lindsey Bluth’s chicken impression. 
About 3 weeks ago I wouldn't know what the heck you wee talking about but thanks to Netflix I started watching AD and still don't know why I didn't start sooner. 

Croatia has been the stronger team the whole first half. The first French goal was against the run of play.

If Croatia can be careful against a light speed MBappe counter attack, they should have many more chances to make this level again.
Speak English guy.  I told you I wasn't a big soccer watcher.

I *get* the hadnball call, but disagree with it here. Ball came through the attacking player and his perisic's (who was tight to his man) hand- which to me was in a natural position...close, but natural enough not to call it. It wasn't up in the air or sticking way out. Can't expect every defender to keep their arms behind their backs all the time...especially while jumping. Again... I get the call, just disagree with it.

Croatia the better side so far. If they can keep the workrate up, they'll get a second goal. Also have to hope France don't find their own rhythm on the ball, which was completely lacking in the first half. 

Better team in first half down due to ref calls.  No excuse for that dive going uncalled or unreviewed.  Hand ball called correctly, but seems there should be a penalty there short of a penalty kick.  Clear there was no intent to use hand and doubtful it would have prevented a clear score.  A yellow and free kick outside of the box seems a better resolution.  
:wtf:

Better team in first half down due to ref calls.  No excuse for that dive going uncalled or unreviewed.  Hand ball called correctly, but seems there should be a penalty there short of a penalty kick.  Clear there was no intent to use hand and doubtful it would have prevented a clear score.  A yellow and free kick outside of the box seems a better resolution.  
Save the freestyle for the slopes, gb.

Users who are viewing this thread