What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last Week for Waivers: Would you drop J. Maclin for Seals Jones, etc, PPR? (1 Viewer)

dfine1966

Footballguy
This is the last week to do waiver wire in my league. I'm looking at my final roster to see how I could improve it.

Scoring: 1 point for every 10 yards, 6 points TD, 1 point PPR
Ricky Seals-Jones is listed as a wide receiver in my league. I could drop any position for him.

I was leaning towards dropping Jeremy Maclin for Seals-Jones. Plus, I am short on WR's this week.

Other players available: Tavarres King(NYG) Gino Smith likes him, not sure of Webb. Also for one week, I could pickup Josh Reynolds, Seth Roberts or C Patterson. 

Do I just stay with what I got or get rid of Maclin?

WR: Dez Bryant, M. Crabtree, E. Sanders, R. Woods, M. Goodwin and J. Maclin
RB: L. Bell, Perine, A. Collins, Powell, J. Stewart and E. McGuire.

I'd consider dropping both Stewart and McGuire. Your season is done if you end up having to play them. I'd look at picking up Patterson for this week and Seals-Jones for rest of season.

I'd consider dropping both Stewart and McGuire. Your season is done if you end up having to play them. I'd look at picking up Patterson for this week and Seals-Jones for rest of season.
I second that.. Seals-Jones is worth rolling the dice on for sure

Just remember that Seals-Jones has played a very small percentage of snaps the past 2 weeks.  That kind of production isn't remotely sustainable unless he gets a lot more snaps.  It's certainly possible that this kind of performance gets him more snaps, but just keep in mind this is a gamble, not a sure thing at all.

Saying all that, it's hard to imagine Jonathan Stewart having anything like that kind of upside unless McCaffrey is out, and Stewart is a  pretty weak handcuff in that situation.  Maclin still has some potential to break out, although he does have a very tough schedule, so I'd be OK with dumping him too.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/763185-pick-2-te-for-ros-ppr-whir/

Users who are viewing this thread