What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last place in my league and got an offer for Mostert (2 Viewers)

JonnyVerco

Footballguy
I'm in last place in my league and, three weeks ago, completed a trade to get Mostert/Olave for Andrews/Richardson. Since then, Olave (or Carr) has been a bum and this last week was the first week that Mostert has helped me (with Achane being out).

I just got offered a trade:

Full Point PPR:

I GET:
J. Chase
M. Evans

I GIVE:
R. Mostert
J. Waddle

Here's my dilemma: While I'm not stacked, I would have a healthy amount of WRs left: Olave/Lockett/Addison/Dell and really one decent RB: B. Robinson (ATL). The guy who is offering me a trade has B. Hall and D. Achane as well. I don't know how I feel about having Robinson as my only serviceable RB for the rest of the season.

Do I counter offer him a package that gets me Achane or Hall back instead of Evans?
Is Achane/Chase too lopsided for Mostert/Waddle? Achane is on IR for the next three weeks and I kinda need help now as I'm in last place but I might prefer Achane over Mostert once he comes back? I can't believe that he'd want to keep Achane/Mostert together but, hey, there's another manager in our league that has Nacua/Kupp.

Thoughts on this offer? Is it a solid offer or should I try to get Achane back at the risk of weakening my team for the next three weeks?

Last edited:
Just got another trade offer from a different manager:

I GET:
D. London
B. Robinson (WASH)

I GIVE:
J. Waddle
J. Addison

I don't like this trade as much as the other one. I'd prefer Drake London if Heinicke was playing.

Mostert has had one bad week (vs Buffalo). He was good even with Achane playing. I wouldn't have an issue rostering both of them and might actually prefer that. That being said, it seems you have decent WR's and need RB's. Not sure why you would give up the #1 RB to get more WR's. I would need a RB coming back in the deal.

I also probably like your second offer better but without knowing your starting requirements it's tough to fully evaluate this situation.

Mostert has had one bad week (vs Buffalo). He was good even with Achane playing. I wouldn't have an issue rostering both of them and might actually prefer that. That being said, it seems you have decent WR's and need RB's. Not sure why you would give up the #1 RB to get more WR's. I would need a RB coming back in the deal.

I also probably like your second offer better but without knowing your starting requirements it's tough to fully evaluate this situation.

Sorry, in my league we start:

1 RB
1 WR
1TE
3 WR/RB/TE

So, in theory, I only need one RB on my team.

I've been texting the guy back and forth and he's throwing out Chase/Achane/Justice Hill for Mostert/Waddle.

That last trade sounds interesting. If I were in that league, I’d try to start 4 WRs since it’s full ppr. With Chase, you are getting a slightly better floor with more targets and a higher ceiling for Waddle, who is also just getting warmed up. Mostert for Achane is fine, but I’m cautious about that knee. You could say Mostert could get hurt soon due to his age, but he’s not hurt right now and that’s what matters. I guess it comes down to your current record and if you can wait for Achane to be a safe start.

I also have Mostert and the thing that concerns me isn't the presence of Achane--but the fact that Jeff Wilson was just activated off or IR and is suiting up for Sunday. Now, I imagine that he MAY be on a snap count the first game or two. But once he's fully healthy he might take over as the RB1. So, Mostert might be expendable and worth trading. BTW, if J. Wilson is still out there on waivers, it might be a good idea to pick him up PRONTO. That way, you can trade Mostert and get something of value in his place--while at the same time--have somebody who is just as good (if not better) than Mostert (i.e. Jeff Wilson) at the same time. Or, if you prefer, you can keep Mostert and have J. Wilson when or if he replaces him. A win-win situation either way.

I also have Mostert and the thing that concerns me isn't the presence of Achane--but the fact that Jeff Wilson was just activated off or IR and is suiting up for Sunday. Now, I imagine that he MAY be on a snap count the first game or two.
Wilson will not take over. Mostert has always been ahead until he gets injured. If both are healthy Mostert is preferred. Just don't know how long he stays healthy

I also have Mostert and the thing that concerns me isn't the presence of Achane--but the fact that Jeff Wilson was just activated off or IR and is suiting up for Sunday. Now, I imagine that he MAY be on a snap count the first game or two.
Wilson will not take over. Mostert has always been ahead until he gets injured. If both are healthy Mostert is preferred. Just don't know how long he stays healthy
You may be right. But what I'm saying is that, with Wilson now back from IR, things could get complicated in Miami. Especially when Achane returns as we could be looking at three RB's splitting the ball carrying load. That said, now might be a good time to trade Mostert as his value may decrease should that scenario happen and it's possible that a manager might be able to take advantage of that situation. Then again, now could also be a good time to acquire J. Wilson off of waivers (if he's still available) because--even if he doesn't take over as the RB1--he could make a good handcuff should Mostert get injured. I dunno. I have Mostert on my team and I have been ecstatic with his performance. So, I'm keeping him. I also acquired J. Wilson...just in case. :-)

Users who are viewing this thread