What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Execution of Daniel Shaver (1 Viewer)

dickey moe

Fingerpicker
This is beyond effed up and surprised it isn't getting more press:

Link

"Daniel Shaver was unarmed and begging for his life. This week, a jury found the police officer who killed him not guilty of murder or manslaughter."

Warning: there is a video and it's horrible.

So horrible. I would think it might be difficult to follow a bunch of instructions being screamed at you by a guy holding a weapon and threatening your life while you’re intoxicated. 

The cops were a total ####show. The cop wasn't giving clear instructions. Why did they have him lie down, them up and crawl... god damn idiots. :rant:

Lol at the other moron who apparently has never stayed in any hotel in the last 35 years struggle with the keycard. 

I guess police are allowed to execute people now. 

That could have been any of us, dead on a hotel hallway.

The cop was not found guilty, but was later let go for another matter three months after the trial. 

This is beyond effed up and surprised it isn't getting more press:

Link

"Daniel Shaver was unarmed and begging for his life. This week, a jury found the police officer who killed him not guilty of murder or manslaughter."

Warning: there is a video and it's horrible.
I won't watch the video because I've read the story. 

The cop should be hanged in the public square.

Beyond that the judge, the lawyers and the jury should all be tarred and feathered and drug through the public square

The whole "crawl towards me" thing is odd. I thought the police would always yell to stay down with arms spread out.  Odd.

The whole "crawl towards me" thing is odd. I thought the police would always yell to stay down with arms spread out.  Odd.
If an officer tells me to crawl, I'm going to use my hands. Seems like the officer didn't want the victim to use his hands, which means it was a confusing and deadly directive.

Dude was bawling trying to comply. F’ed up instructions. Didn’t look to,me that he was reaching for the small of his back. Saw a pic of the cop, looks like a d bag. Awful he got off. 

What an absolute #### show. Those direction. That condescension. What a ####. 

I did see in the video the kid did take his right hand toward his hip. 

Apparently he was trying to pull up his pants that were dropping from crawling.  

The lack of situational awareness and regard for human life is shocking.  And the cop’s rifle had “you’re fuct” etched on it.  Real tough guy apparently.  And the judge wouldn’t let the jury see that little fact.

And the judge wouldn’t let the jury see that little fact.
Which I understand, from a "don't prejudice the jury perpsective", but I wonder if his partners or anyone else from his department knew about what he had etched on his rifle.

Wow, that was awful. He's on the ground, cuff him. How hard is that? JFC, that looked like a solider in a war zone.

That is just disturbing.   There's multiple cops there and they're making this scared kid crawl towards them like some dog.  Wtf type of operating procedure is that?   This dbag with the camera is totally responsible for how this went down and I really hope that somehow he pays for what he's done.   And not like it helped sending this guy where he deserves to go, but at least the truth is out there on how this went down so hopefully at the very least, he'll never have the opportunity to do this to someone else.   

My heart hurts. 

Daniel Shaver was how every single one of us here would have followed instructions to a T, yet gets ruthlessly machine-gunned down while obediently following instructions given to him.  Daniel Shaver was 150 million percent a non-threat to those cowardly officers.  

Horrific. 

This is also being discussed in the politics forum. One interesting point is that the officer shouting instructions is NOT the officer that shot. His shouted, confusing, contradictory instructions not only confused the victim, but also got the shooter all worked up. 

Nothing in this entire situation is right. 

He made a small gesture towards his hip but that shouldn't mean he should be blown away.  What a bunch of ####

So sad. Just too many police shootings in the US compared to other countries.

Even though I don't believe they received justice in court. I hope his family still comes to peace with this somehow.

I hate 2nd guessing officers as i dont  know procedures but what happened to lay on the ground arms and legs spread and cop walks over to cuff the perp?

I'd like to understand why it's preferable to have the suspect crawl toward you when he's already down on his stomach being compliant and you can just walk over there and cuff him. Seems like a combo of bad procedure, poor training, and a cop who lacks the temperament for the job. These are the jackasses who end up working for Blackwater so they can feel like cowboys and hopefully get to blow away some brown people.

I'd like to understand why it's preferable to have the suspect crawl toward you when he's already down on his stomach being compliant and you can just walk over there and cuff him. Seems like a combo of bad procedure, poor training, and a cop who lacks the temperament for the job. These are the jackasses who end up working for Blackwater so they can feel like cowboys and hopefully get to blow away some brown people.
Agreed. 

I think they wanted him to crawl away from the door where he came out in case there was a shooter inside the hotel room. 

I'm not sure they could have handled it worse other then throwing frags into the windows and planting claymores outside the front door. 

If thats my kid that cop dies eventually. 

McGarnicle said:
Agreed. 

I think they wanted him to crawl away from the door where he came out in case there was a shooter inside the hotel room. 

I'm not sure they could have handled it worse other then throwing frags into the windows and planting claymores outside the front door. 

If thats my kid that former cop dies eventually. 

I normally give law enforcement the benefit of the doubt, but that video is absolutely ####### awful - how can you have a group of random people watch that and then the entire group doesn’t think a crime was committed? 

I wouldn’t mind if this guy disappeared, #### him.

McGarnicle said:
The only thing I can think of is where he initially laid down was too close to the hotel room that had yet to be cleared. That’s why they made him crawl like a dog to them to put distance between the police and yet to be cleared room. Awful. 

This was ****ed up on so many levels.

And why were they trying to get in room 500 with the key card and not 502.?  :confused:

I noticed in the elevator that one officer had his badge covered by an "in morning" stripe for a fellow fallen officer.  I wonder how fresh that incident was to this one.

Users who are viewing this thread