What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15: I am starting Aaron Rodgers over ______. (1 Viewer)

I'm very much on the fence. My co-owner HATES Cam and he's incredibly inconsistent. And we have a very tough matchup and may have to swing for the fences in terms of points
To be honest I'm on the fence as well.  The thing that stands out to me is that Newton's match up against the Packers is better on paper, but Rodgers under normal circumstances is match up free.  Against most QBs you start Rodgers, even over Stafford.  I think both QBs will do well and both are a good choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Ben, Brees, and Rodgers all on one team. Have Ben in over all 3 right now. He’s scorching hot, playing at home, must win, and the Pats just gave up 3 TDs to Jay freaking Cutler. It’s hard not to play Ben right now
That is impressive. Nice problem to have :thumbup:

ETA: As to the thread topic, I only own one share of AR and its a dynasty team that is already eliminated. If I was debating starting him this week, I would worry more about his timing being off than I would about reinjury. I could see it being kind of a sloppy first half with him starting to look better second half and GB makes a game of it.  

Last edited by a moderator:
There seem to be a few of us in the Ben or Rodgers dilemma. I have Rodgers on both of my teams and was planning on Ben over ARod to avoid all my eggs in the ARod basket in case he gets rocked out early.

After looking at these stats I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Fantasy points given up to QB's in weeks 10-14

Carolina has given up 22.2 points per game 

NE has given up 15.9 points per game

dmac37 said:
There seem to be a few of us in the Ben or Rodgers dilemma. I have Rodgers on both of my teams and was planning on Ben over ARod to avoid all my eggs in the ARod basket in case he gets rocked out early.

After looking at these stats I'm having 2nd thoughts.

Fantasy points given up to QB's in weeks 10-14

Carolina has given up 22.2 points per game 

NE has given up 15.9 points per game
This is true, but Ben plays so well at home and in my league, is averaging 32ppg over the last 5. New England defense has looked better than they did earlier in the season, but they just allowed Jay Cutler to throw for 3 TDs on Monday night. The Steelers offense has been one of the best in the league over the last 5 weeks. New England hasn't really played a good offense since they played the Chargers in Week 8. Over their last 5 games, New England has faced: Osweiler, Carr, Cutler x2, and Tyrod. They haven't been tested in awhile. 

Users who are viewing this thread