What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BTTF 2018: MLB123746 (4 Viewers)

Shouldn't I get an hour since I'm making two picks.  Anyway, apparently we've reached the part of the draft where people start reaching for Italians.

44.24: Sam Gaviglio, RP, KCR

45.1: Joe Ross, SP, WAS
No, as someone is skipped for any picks until they make them up. It's a double edged sword being at the turn, since there's no delay between you being skipped and your next turn, but you are also OTC only once every two rounds so less often needing to chime in.

Had 2 names ready and Cecchimi was the other. Sniped this late is rare 
He's the type of crappy player that ends up with a couple hundred PAs for mets... or blossoms into an all star and the Mets then let him go to their biggest current rival.

Worst thing about being snipped at this point isn't losing the player (since most won't amount to anything), but the need to then go find another name.

It gets easier after round 50 though. :coffee:  

I feel better about the chances for my late rounders 35+) this year as opposed to last. The year prior I had Gsellman and Lugo as my 48 and 49 rounders get me over 100 decent combined innings with some other hits. Last year I think I had on guy make it onto my roster from those rounds, which led to my team being pretty thin (although it was not having an ace that killed me, though not for a lack of trying). 

So, that means none will make it.

I feel better about the chances for my late rounders 35+) this year as opposed to last. The year prior I had Gsellman and Lugo as my 48 and 49 rounders get me over 100 decent combined innings with some other hits. Last year I think I had on guy make it onto my roster from those rounds, which led to my team being pretty thin (although it was not having an ace that killed me, though not for a lack of trying). 

So, that means none will make it.
Last year my bullpen leaned heavily on Yates (round 43), Scott (round 45), Alexander (round 48) and even a little bit on Middleton (49). All my late hitter picks were trash though.

Matt Adams (round 43) was a stud last year and was able to be dealt in a package for Kershaw. Nick Martinez (round 48) was able to put up over 100 innings as a starter, allowing me to trade other starters for help elsewhere. Everyone else sucked.

Matt Adams (round 43) was a stud last year and was able to be dealt in a package for Kershaw. Nick Martinez (round 48) was able to put up over 100 innings as a starter, allowing me to trade other starters for help elsewhere. Everyone else sucked.
Adams ended up on my team after I acquired him for a reliever.  He was very productive in a platoon role.

Users who are viewing this thread