What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

USA Shootings (7 Viewers)

Actually, I would suspect gun reform will increase the number of incidents like this. Criminals that have nothing to lose when engaged by the police will choose to try to shoot their way out.
I think this needs to be discussed further. 

This incident in Philly shows that we have a person who was a known criminal (a warrant was being served). He may have purchased his gun legally prior to the warrant. Let's assume that every proposed gun regulation you want is implemented. When it comes to red flag laws, how are you going to feel when this is a weekly or daily occurrence in attempts to take guns away from people? 

This is not me saying "do nothing". I'm just pointing out that things are going to get worse, before they get better. Does that weigh on the decision. You're sending law enforcement officers into battle. I would suspect you're going to have difficulty recruiting new officers. 

Seems like the concern should be people who want everyone to have guns.
This is ridiculous. 

I'm wondering where all the posters that called gun owners out when we said there are people that want to ban all guns. There is one person here that wants everyone to have guns. Everybody else is for some type of gun regulation. 

This is the exact opposite of "you want to ban all guns" statement. But, it will be allowed. Because it furthers the agenda. 

The people who were shot.  Is English your second language?  Should you be deported?
I didn't want to put words in your mouth. Just wanted to clarify, before I said you are a sick individual. 

Why would you refer to deporting? Even if English was my second language (which it's not)?

Are you coming unhinged? I hope you don't own a firearm. 

That may be the only one. Many others have said that they don't support the NRA. Even though they own a gun.

How many people here want to ban all firearms?
I do how wonder how many would say they wanted to ban them all if they thought it was achievable or we did away with the 2nd to allow it.  

I do how wonder how many would say they wanted to ban them all if they thought it was achievable or we did away with the 2nd to allow it.  
Probably the same as people that say they would support the NRA if they would quit getting in the way or sensible gun control. 

Huh.  I wonder if there was liability for selling guns and ammo if anything would change?
That wasn't why I posted that link. I posted it because 10 days ago a man was arrested for making threats against temple and talking about killing cops and telling other customers to watch the news.

what new laws?   be specific.   

as a law abiding citizen, I'm fine with laws that may affect me if I break the law.   that's how laws work.
c'mon fish, you know which ones, we talked about them remember? that the new ones in Mass I believe would have banned my son's turkey shotgun ? remember ?

Nope, no real interest in extended mags.  John Moses Browning designed a near perfect handgun and I'm not going to screw that up with an extended magazine.  Also, if 9 shots doesn't take him down I'm probably ####ed anyway.  
I agree however

if handguns are protected and they are, and AR15's are banned because of high capacity/semiauto .... then these murderers can easily get aftermarkeyt high cap mag's for handguns

you see now right ? ignore the core problem and it will not go away

ever

What kind of stockpile does this guy to hold off the whole Philly PD?
Philly PD is really incompetent. They got a lot of guys on the force who are nothing more then douchebags with a gun and badge going on power trips. Not sure I've told the story on here or not. I want to say about 9-10 yrs ago when my uncle moved out of Philly to go to NYC he lived in West Philly on the UPenn Campus. Anyone who is a student for Drexel/Penn etc in university city is told by the college staff never cross the boarder train tracks as after leaving campus the area is bad. My Uncle ordered a pizza for us and my brother and I went to pick it up. I'm a sophomore in college or going into JR year at this point and my brother a Soph in HS. We took a wrong turn ended in the bad part of West Philly. Cop on his bike a Black guy starts harassing us. We realized the only reason and what we could hear from his comments was we shouldn't be in the area as if the people in the area saw 2 white kids in their area people would assume we were causing trouble. I tried to apologetically tell the cop we weren't causing trouble and got lost and I told him where we were headed. The dude was rude and obnoxious to us. This was obviously before everyone had a smart phone and recorded everything and I barely had a Facebook at this point and time either. We finally got directions from a very nice person sitting outside who told the cop to bugger off. When the cop left the women told us he's always trying to cause trouble with the out of town white folk. I've had several instances of being falsely accused by Philly cops as well. 

This isn't to say all Philly Cops are bad but the PPD here never has to worry about #### like this like say Chicago, LA and some other cities do. 

Users who are viewing this thread