Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Can Jimmy Butler play CB?

On 6/7/2018 at 4:06 PM, Lehigh98 said:

I think I'm gonna use this for a lot of my debates on social media now. 

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I think I'm gonna use this for a lot of my debates on social media now. 

In fairness, it's hard to listen when you write such lengthy posts all the time :P

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

One of the tweets suggests the dog mask is on it. I can't find; can anyone?

It's an inscription on the inside of the ring.  Link

Also, it's said that the 127 diamonds is representative of the Philly Special, not sure what that means?

• Like 1

Just now, themitch said:

It's an inscription on the inside of the ring.  Link

Also, it's said that the 127 diamonds is representative of the Philly Special, not sure what that means?

play number?

Thanks. I looked up the 127. They really worked hard to fit in everything significant!

The sum of all the jersey numbers of the players who touched the ball on the play. 

Here's the math: 9 (Nick Foles) + 30 (Corey Clement) + 88 (Trey Burton) = 127.  

Edited by Mystery Achiever

14 minutes ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Thanks. I looked up the 127. They really worked hard to fit in everything significant!

The sum of all the jersey numbers of the players who touched the ball on the play. 

Wow

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Just checking in to see if you guys are still the champs.  Seems that you are. 

And we are....."Lovin' every minute of it" - Loverboy

It was funny that the ceremony was held in the former ECW Arena in dirty South Philadelphia.   Talk about putting lipstick on that pig.  Although last time I went their for a wrestling show it was tolerable and not the place where you were scared to even go in the bathroom much less take a dump in it. 

Hopefully Nick Foles picked up his ring carrying a beer and a Singapore cane in his hand and Malcom Jenkins picked up his ring to the sounds of Natural Born Killa blasting

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Mystery Achiever said:

Shouldn't there be 62 more diamonds on this thing since Jason Kelce hiked the ball? 

1 hour ago, Deamon said:

Thats a heck of a gesture and definitely a great thing. This team just keeps doing stuff that makes you want them to be successful in every way. 

12 hours ago, Tom Hagen said:

The Eagles ring is real and it's spectacular. 

You can own a real own for ONLY $11K PLUS!!!!!!!! Or a Replica Customizable for just over $600 

2 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Shouldn't there be 62 more diamonds on this thing since Jason Kelce hiked the ball? 

Oline never gets any respect...

On 6/15/2018 at 10:25 AM, hammerva said:

It was funny that the ceremony was held in the former ECW Arena in dirty South Philadelphia.   Talk about putting lipstick on that pig.  Although last time I went their for a wrestling show it was tolerable and not the place where you were scared to even go in the bathroom much less take a dump in it. 

Hopefully Nick Foles picked up his ring carrying a beer and a Singapore cane in his hand and Malcom Jenkins picked up his ring to the sounds of Natural Born Killa blasting

I thought the place looked familiar but couldn't put my finger exactly on it. I asked my co worker who's son is one of the coaches and she didn't know where it was. She didn't go but I'm not sure if Family was really invited other then a spouse or if she didn't go do to her own work obligations (Her boss is on vacation). Then I saw the story and mention the ECW arena. I still go there for shows and it's still cool. Tommy Dreamer holds his House of Hardcore shows there. And whenever WWE is in town and Paul Herman is with them he takes a trip to the arena either for some sort of show promo they are gonna do or just to go down to pay his respects. It's funny talking wrestling on message boards and calling into podcasts when they talk about ECW stuff. Like the Studio Paul had for promos they used in Granite Run and all. I literally know where all these things were. In the early days Ring of Honor did a few shows at the 2300 arena. 

So I found out today each member receiving a ring was only allowed to bring on guest to the event. My Co workers son took his girlfriend. 

The Eagles' top 5 corners – Jalen Mills, Ronald Darby, Sidney Jones, Rasul Douglas, and Avonte Maddox, all playing on their rookie contracts – will count for a combined $4,495,873 against the salary cap in 2018. There are 39 individual CBs who will make more on their own.

• Like 1

Off topic - The Sixers pick/trade of Bridges! Wow, that's gotta be the most heartless move of any Philly franchise. (maybe in all sports?)

Yeah, its a business, not personal... but that's a Michael/Fredo business move. Actual, that might have been more on the personal side. 

Edited by Sludge
Wrong name
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sludge said:

Off topic - The Sixers pick/trade of Bridges! Wow, that's gotta be the most heartless move of any Philly franchise. (maybe in all sports?)

Yeah, its a business, not personal... but that's a Michael/Fredo business move. Actual, that might have been more on the personal side. 

Think about it from the Sixers' perspective: The deal was probably already agreed to with Phoenix and contingent on Smith falling to the Suns at 16. The Sixers had no interest in dropping back to 16 if they didn't know for sure they would get their "1A" choice. If Smith went pick 11 to 15, they are cool with keeping Bridges and no one probably even finds out there was a potential trade. So they had to treat everything as normal because there was a good chance no trade was going to happen.

1 hour ago, The Noid said:

Think about it from the Sixers' perspective: The deal was probably already agreed to with Phoenix and contingent on Smith falling to the Suns at 16. The Sixers had no interest in dropping back to 16 if they didn't know for sure they would get their "1A" choice. If Smith went pick 11 to 15, they are cool with keeping Bridges and no one probably even finds out there was a potential trade. So they had to treat everything as normal because there was a good chance no trade was going to happen.

While I get your point, if true they shouldn't have put him in front of cameras and the Philly press until after pick 16.  The trade was announced literally as he was addressing the media and saying how happy he was to be a Sixer.  For me it was tough watching his PC on NBCSP knowing he was already traded (and he had no idea yet).

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

While I get your point, if true they shouldn't have put him in front of cameras and the Philly press until after pick 16.  The trade was announced literally as he was addressing the media and saying how happy he was to be a Sixer.  For me it was tough watching his PC on NBCSP knowing he was already traded (and he had no idea yet).

I think it was a tough situation.  It seems like Phoenix came to them with the deal.  It may have all been unfolding so quickly that they couldn't do much about it.  Certainly sucks for him, but it may have been unavoidable.

3 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I think it was a tough situation.  It seems like Phoenix came to them with the deal.  It may have all been unfolding so quickly that they couldn't do much about it.  Certainly sucks for him, but it may have been unavoidable.

20 hours ago, Sludge said:

Ya phoenix came out today and said they were trying to move into the 7-10 zone with him.  When Philly picked him at 10, they were planning to keep him. But when Smith hit 16, the talks were back on (not sure who called who). Either way the whole nba draft trades thing is a mess. Making these kids wear the hats of teams they may not even be going to. 

But ya, we have a sixers thread for this!  A terribly underutilized one. 

Former Eagles CB Lito Sheppard had his car vandalized of $14K in damages by former teammate. Here's the kicker it's not an Eagles teammate but Florida teammate and Cousin WR Jabar Gaffney. Gaffeny and Sheppard were drafted 8 picks apart in the same draft Lito went first of the two. Over the last 5 yrs both cousins have been at odds against one another no one knows for sure why. Lito was unharmed and the incident happened when he was in a restaurant. 

Nate Sudefield and Eagles assistant Coach Duce Staley were at Carl Cards in Havertown about a week ago. Met both and got autographs. My Grandma recently fractured her hip and Duce was one of her favorite Eagles when my Pop-Pop was still alive. I had my mom Give her the Duce Staley autograph and had him send her a personal message with the autograph with well wishes. I told Duce the family story how my Pop-Pop was sitting in the EZ at Franklin field during the 1960 title game vs Lombardi's packers and saw the Goal Line Stop up close. From there they got Season tickets from 61 that are still in the family today. He was really touched by it and I told him my Pop-Pop was at the last SB before this year. He died 4 yrs later the Friday after McNabb's first game with the Redskins in Philly. I told him my only wish before he had past away was to see the Eagles win 1 SB and it never happened. Duce said to me what Lurie and Kelce and a lot of guys repeated after the win. This SB wasn't just for the team or organization. Not just for the former players of past, not just for the fans currently but also those no longer with us including my Grandfather. 

• Like 1

Doug Pederson had everyone from Coaches to players over at his NJ home where he gave everyone a $2K replica of the Lombardi Trophy as a thank you to them for last season. 

Sooooooo... just found out I get to put on one of the official SB rings in three weeks!!!  My contact who set me up with the field passes this year will be in Calgary with his SB ring and is gonna let me try it on and take a picture with it. Not sure if that's a big deal or not but I'm pretty pumped on it.  Will post a pic.

• Like 5

On 6/22/2018 at 11:31 AM, The Noid said:

I was more so hoping it was a case of already agreed to but every where I looked and from Brown's Press conference it seems like it came out of no where. 

On 6/26/2018 at 7:20 PM, mquinnjr said:

Jenkins brother has been charged. He was using the house while Janoris was out of town. 

Nigel Bradham was suspended for the ATL game for misconduct policy for the league. It stems from the incident in Florida in 2016 we heard about. The case was dropped and everything is taken care of. From the looks of it this was just cleaning up the rest of the paper work move. 

I just opened my 50th bday present from the family and the wife and I are going to London to see the game. I'm stoked! Spent a week in London 2 summers ago and loved the city. We rented a flat above a pub in Brixton and closed the place almost every night. The locals were awesome and I promised them I'll be back when my favorite "American football" team plays there. 

• Like 11

1 minute ago, Sludge said:

I just opened my 50th bday present from the family and the wife and I are going to London to see the game. I'm stoked! Spent a week in London 2 summers ago and loved the city. We rented a flat above a pub in Brixton and closed the place almost every night. The locals were awesome and I promised them I'll be back when my favorite "American football" team plays there. 

Awesome present! I am going to New Orleans to see the Eagles-Saints game the week before thanksgiving. I am very excited.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dhockster said:

Awesome present! I am going to New Orleans to see the Eagles-Saints game the week before thanksgiving. I am very excited.

I was talking to her last week about going to New Orleans for that game. I guess she was humoring me when she said, "That's a good idea."

So is there anyone interesting out there at LB to fill in a depth spot or do we just go with what we have and see what Nathan Gerry can do. KGH did a pretty good job for the exception he can't pass cover especially defending TE's. 

1 hour ago, Sludge said:

Awesome. My co worker might be going. She has family in Ireland but I believe a brother in London who lives there. He actually has a huge Eagles Tattoo on his back that he was getting the finishing touches on as he was waiting for the Eagles to win the SB. It's an awesome tattoo. Hope you have fun. Also just remind the local of Prince Harry's identical twin so they don't go off a ledge that their Prince is cheating when it's really Wentz and his fiancee out on the town. We don't need any locals there having a fit. I'm hoping the resemblance gets us a few new fans from across the pond though. 

• Like 2

Big Balls Doug wasn't done with his betting. He just won a golf charity but with NO coach Sean Peyton and won. Eagles will wear their lucky Home Green Jersey's when they visit the Saints this year. Saints will wear their white jerseys. 

Doug Peterson just keeps on #WINNING

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

So is there anyone interesting out there at LB to fill in a depth spot or do we just go with what we have and see what Nathan Gerry can do. KGH did a pretty good job for the exception he can't pass cover especially defending TE's. 

It's a shame it's against ATL, with their great run game.  I think unless things look pretty bad though, we roll with who we have. I like the athleticism Gerry brings to the table, so I hope he can continue to make progress and make the team.  We should have Hicks as well, unless he gets hurt earlier then usual this year.

1 hour ago, DJackson10 said:

Awesome. My co worker might be going. She has family in Ireland but I believe a brother in London who lives there. He actually has a huge Eagles Tattoo on his back that he was getting the finishing touches on as he was waiting for the Eagles to win the SB. It's an awesome tattoo. Hope you have fun. Also just remind the local of Prince Harry's identical twin so they don't go off a ledge that their Prince is cheating when it's really Wentz and his fiancee out on the town. We don't need any locals there having a fit. I'm hoping the resemblance gets us a few new fans from across the pond though. 

Harry's mom proudly wore an Eagles' jacket after the Birds played there, in a preseason game, back in the 80s.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=princess+diana+eagles+jacket&FORM=HDRSC2

• Like 1