Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Deamon

*Official 2018 Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles* - Tough way to go out. Magic finally gone.

PoSted this in the pregame/game thread, but thought it belongs here too:

In preparation for this weekend's game in Nawlins, let's all take a minute to appreciate the hardest gaddamned hit I have ever seen live, courtesy of Sheldon Brown on the late Reggie Bush (pretty sure he died from this hit.)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=86lPitQ06lw

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, unckeyherb said:

In preparation for this weekend's game in Nawlins, let's all take a minute to appreciate the hardest gaddamned hit I have ever seen live, courtesy of Sheldon Brown on the late Reggie Bush (pretty sure he died from this hit.)

So legal today or defenseless receiver?  His ancestors felt that hit.

7 minutes ago, jasvic said:

looked legal but they would probably throw a flag cause someone felt some pain

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jasvic said:

looked legal but they would probably throw a flag cause someone felt some pain

So my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter have been singing the fly eagles chant all evening.  Apparently they learned it at daycare today.  Now I’m not the kind of parent that will force them to be a fan of my team.  I understand that it’s probably out of my control.  Can’t change where you were born and raised.  

• Like 2
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

So my 4 year old son and 2 year old daughter have been singing the fly eagles chant all evening.  Apparently they learned it at daycare today.  Now I’m not the kind of parent that will force them to be a fan of my team.  I understand that it’s probably out of my control.  Can’t change where you were born and raised.  

I wouldn't worry. Unless you have an ODD kid (oppositional defiant disorder) they usually root for whoever their parents are when they're old enough to understand.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Insein said:

I wouldn't worry. Unless you have an ODD kid (oppositional defiant disorder) they usually root for whoever their parents are when they're old enough to understand.

Name me a 4 year old kid who doesn't have ODD.    :lmao:  

9 hours ago, unckeyherb said:

The day Sheldon Brown almost killed a man!!! Today that hit gets a flag I bet. That game really PO'd me especially the fat Chick who got a F**k Da Eagles shirt into the building and it was shown live on Fox for about 20 seconds before Fox knew what it said. 

1 hour ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Name me a 4 year old kid who doesn't have ODD.    :lmao:  

I mean like your kid actively does things to piss you off. Like my son, Everytime I watch a Philly sports team he always has to say "go x team" that were playing just to try and tweak me. I draw the line at Cowboys, Giants, Celtics, Penguins and Mets though. I told him I'd kick him out if he roots for any if those teams. He's 7.

Edited by Insein
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Love this.

30 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I went through a phase for like a year when I was 13 where I actively hated all philly sports teams, straight to my dad's face.

I got better.

After #### Kelly cratered us, I wanted to grab my old man by the collar and scream, “Why this team!?!? Why couldn’t you have been a Steelers or Patriots fan!?!? 42 years of this friggen’ shjt!!?!!”

But I didn’t and it’s all good now LOL!

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine

24 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Don’t know how true it is but it’s being reported that Kelce may retire after this season. 

Was debunked as quickly as it surfaced

2 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Oh, I didn’t realize that and I feel so much better now lol

Yea some speculating that his trying to posture for a better deal this off-season. He was rated by PFF as far and away the best center in the league this year but he's only paid the 14th highest salary for centers.

10 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yea some speculating that his trying to posture for a better deal this off-season. He was rated by PFF as far and away the best center in the league this year but he's only paid the 14th highest salary for centers.

Pay that man his money

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Conference Championship is Sunday January 20. Nick Foles’ 30th Birthday! It’s lining up!!

Nick Foles has the same birthday as my wife? Hmm didn't know that.

7 minutes ago, Insein said:

Your wife isn't going to make you take her out for dinner on her birthday, I hope?

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

Your wife isn't going to make you take her out for dinner on her birthday, I hope?

It's ok. I'm told that Payton and Brees are undefeated in the Superdome in the playoffs.

Just now, Insein said:

It's ok. I'm told that Payton and Brees are undefeated in the Superdome in the playoffs.

Just make sure that you do something special for her that night (only if the Eagles win though).

1 minute ago, Insein said:

Taysom Hill isn't though but Darren Sproles is

Roob Facts:

Since 2011, five rookie tight ends in the NFL have caught a postseason touchdown pass. Three of the five are Eagles: Ertz against the Saints in 2013, Richard Rodgers with the Packers against the Cowboys in 2014 and Goedert Sunday in Chicago.

2 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

The way the teams looked coming out of the bye has me pretty nervous. 

Yea I'm resigned to the fact that New Orleans is the best team in the league and we had maybe a 1-5% chance at best of winning this thing anyway. Hope we make it a game and if we win, cool.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Insein said:

Yea I'm resigned to the fact that New Orleans is the best team in the league and we had maybe a 1-5% chance at best of winning this thing anyway. Hope we make it a game and if we win, cool.

Two defenses that I thoight were very good looked pretty bad today. I just really hope we don’t get blown out. I’d like it to be close or we blow them out lol

9 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

Different teams, different game.  You could be right but we have no clue.

Sean Payton was a douchbag to Jamie Apody this week. I've always thought Peyton has been an incredible overrated coach. 1 SB appearance and victory in his first few yrs and was gifted a HoF QB and hasn't been to the promise land in over 12 yrs. Imagine if Peyton was in Philly or Dallas, NYC, NE etc. People would be wanting him gone by now. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

No, I have a clue. I feel nervous lol

Me too lol  (and I’m not even an Eagles fan)

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, DJackson10 said:

Sean Payton was a douchbag to Jamie Apody this week. I've always thought Peyton has been an incredible overrated coach. 1 SB appearance and victory in his first few yrs and was gifted a HoF QB and hasn't been to the promise land in over 12 yrs. Imagine if Peyton was in Philly or Dallas, NYC, NE etc. People would be wanting him gone by now. 

He was fine and she asked a stupid question in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

He was fine and she asked a stupid question in my opinion. 

I thought it was a good question but Peyton kind of made himself look bad with the "don't you expect teams play better in the playoffs" comment after he brought in 225K the SB winners bonus plus the trophy to motivate his team this week. It makes him look like a bigger jerk with how he answered that question. Apodies Follow up question should be "Well can you explain what bringing in 225K plus the Lombardi trophy was for in the lockeroom this week Sean." After the fact he did that it was kind of a #### move and I do think he ran up the score. Like I said I think the dude is incredible overrated who somehow gets a pass for whatever reason. If Doug pulls the career as Payton and doesn't reach another SB during the same time you think people are still gonna defend Doug here or want him gone? I've never seen such a coach that so many media people have such a Hard on floor and worship the ground he walks on let a lot a coach who only has 1 SB Victory. 

EDIT: The article I saw was on Crossing Broad. Apody responded with this in the comments

Jamie Apody: I so wish I had the guts to follow up with the hypocrisy that is his $225,000 in cash for motivation 🙄

Edited by DJackson10

3 hours ago, Insein said:

And me. I'm a 1/20 birthday 

2 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

Small world.

7 hours ago, Bigboy10182000 said:

One of the home teams is gonna lose. Let’s hope NE takes care of business 😉

1 hour ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

One of the home teams is gonna lose. Let’s hope NE takes care of business 😉

I think the chargers win that.  They are the better roster and New England does not look the same to me.

6 hours ago, need2know said:

I think the chargers win that.  They are the better roster and New England does not look the same to me.

It’s coming together bro!

Here we go.  Once again, low expectations and going to enjoy this game.  Feel great that we made it this far after this weird season.

Sixers just won, let's keep this rolling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, need2know said:

No ####.  All the home teams can't win right?

Only happened once since 2005 (2005 didn't work out too well for us either though).

It's weird the bye teams don't go 4-0 more often, but 2015/2016 (Cardinals/Panthers and Pats/Broncos) was the first time since '05 that its happened.

Underdog upset time!

22 hours ago, Kwai Chang Caine said:

Conference Championship is Sunday January 20. Nick Foles’ 30th Birthday! It’s lining up!!

18 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

You jinxed it Junior!!! 🤣

Edited by Kwai Chang Caine