What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Performer(s) that's not yet in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

Based upon body of work and lasting influence, Doug Sahm is the most glaring omission. 

I've heard good things about Todd Rundgren too.

The fact that Blue Oyster Cult doesn’t even get mentioned in these threads just shows how criminally underrated they are. Even now they are one of the best live bands ever. I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. 

I would put them into the Hall in this order:

Maiden

Journey

Priest

Crue

Styx

Leppard

I put Leppard at the bottom of the list for selling out after Pyro.  That band should be punished for going from playing great rock and roll to playing pop songs.  High and Dry was so, so good.  No to Ratt, Whitesnake, and many other hair metal bands.  And, this is coming from someone that listens to hair metal almost daily.  It was fun music and some of it was good music but it is not Hall worthy. 

I would love to see Motorhead, Slayer, and Megadeth in the Hall but don't see it. 
For the record, Journey actually DID go into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame last year in 2017.

The fact that Blue Oyster Cult doesn’t even get mentioned in these threads just shows how criminally underrated they are. Even now they are one of the best live bands ever. I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell. 
Hell yeah to this! BOC is great and certainly one of the most underrated rocks bands ever. To many, they are now just the band that did the song with the cowbell, but they received heavy rotation on rock radio stations for decades. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Def Leppard is not a band that comes to mind.  I feel pretty good that Def Leppard is not in the Hall of Fame and this is from someone that liked Pyromania when it came out.
Just watched the ‘19 induction, including Leppard and Radiohead.

The Crue are surely next up.

Right now, there are three acts that you can consider to alternative rock that are actually in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Green Day.
R.E.M. is in. The Replacements should be but Westerberg would probably tell the Hall to F off if they ever selected him. 

Is the Hall supposed to be for influential bands or just ones that sold lots of records?

Last edited by a moderator:
John Prine should be in the RnR Hall of Fame. He has influenced so many artists from different genres over the last half century. He is finally being inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame this year. How it took so long for him to be inducted into that is hard to understand.

Users who are viewing this thread