What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official Thread** 6 Man Rotations (1 Viewer)

TripItUp

Footballguy
Which teams are going to a 6 team rotation?

RedSox and Angels...anybody else??

Last edited by a moderator:
It sort of makes sense for Anaheim.  Richards, Shoemaker, Heaney and Skaggs are coming off injuries and Ohtani never threw more than 160 IP in NPB.  With the DH, AL clubs don't need as deep a bench for PHs and Ohtani can play that role on his off days.

Other than that unique case, I'll update Earl Weaver's old truism "It is easier to find four five starting pitchers than five six".

I guess making SPs less susceptible to injury is part of the case in favor of six-man rotations but I don't think guys like Garrett Richards are a fair test of that hypothesis. 

It'll probably be more of a challenge to manage a bullpen, especially since none of the six are ever going to be mistaken for John Clarkson.  I suppose there's the possibility of a starter pitching an inning on his throwing day between starts but that's kind of defeating the purpose.

For H2H points leagues these 6 man rotations impacts the value of those pitchers quite a bit.  Agree that Anaheim is an injury waiting to happen though...Richards gets injured playing RBI baseball.

Users who are viewing this thread